Sign in to follow this  
austen.fart@gmail.com

WTF loud screaming noises?

Has anyone else heard this? I was on US servers the other day and last week.

I was scavenging doing normal Dayz things then all of the sudden there was screaming an echoing voices. 

It wasn't anyone in direct location and it was as if it broadcasted over the whole server. I switch servers then a few moments later It happens again.. (only in very populated servers)

Anyone else experience this? I just wanted to know. It's happened more than once to me.

Edited by MilSpecZombie

does it sound like a zombie noise or like someone broadcasting over voip?

Like someone broadcasting over VOIP but I was in a field and there was no one in site so it couldn't be direct. Then in another server I ran into some people asking if I had heard screaming and I told them I heard it aswell

I was going through a forest when suddenly I hear talking. No one was near and I couldn't see any one. It was one person talking over the mic and for some strange freaking reason I could hear him. It sounded like a bambi (An actual one that doesn't know the game). I even used my mic to see if he was actually near or if he could hear me, but nothing. He just kept on talking to what apparently was to his friends also playing the game until I logged out of the server.

Not creepy, just annoying as F. I heard it while @ the NE airfield and my friend heard it while in Balota. We logged. If it is admins, they should be warned not to do that anymore. When i play Dayz, I dont invite a bunch of annoying douches to scream in my ear.

Has anyone else heard this? I was on US servers the other day and last week.

I was scavenging doing normal Dayz things then all of the sudden there was screaming an echoing voices. 

It wasn't anyone in direct location and it was as if it broadcasted over the whole server. I switch servers then a few moments later It happens again.. (only in very populated servers)

Anyone else experience this? I just wanted to know. It's happened more than once to me.

Probably either server admins whose Mom & Dad paid for their server and who just discovered the internet and the novelty of in-game VOIP or a player abusing a client/server exploit and doing the same thing.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly

I heard somewhere that your voice can be broadcast over the server if you're speaking when you log on. 

Edited by Solopopo

I was unhappy with my spawn in Berezino so I went to commit suicide by jumping of the residental building in lumber mill area, when I was just jumping of the edge of roof I heard a voice out of nowhere "Don't jump!".

Maybe it was one of those invisible players that people makes threads about.

I was unhappy with my spawn in Berezino so I went to commit suicide by jumping of the residental building in lumber mill area, when I was just jumping of the edge of roof I heard a voice out of nowhere "Don't jump!".

Maybe it was one of those invisible players that people makes threads about.

Did it happen, like, yesterday?

Chances are it was my friend.

Location, words and time match.

And I could see him pretty well.

• Like 2

Im hearing audio glitches like cans opening, am I losing it? Or is this well known?

Edited by Mr duke

Turn VOIP all the way down. There is a glitch where sometimes after youv spawned/ been killed your direct chat transmits globally.

TUrning VOIP all the way down not only fixes this but it doesnt affect Direct, so you can still use direct

I thought this was common knowledge as it was happening on release date

AS for cans opening/ someone eating you can also hear that all way across the map. Same for zombies.
I think sound needs some updates

Edited by AgentNe0