Sign in to follow this  
Jonah_Hobbes

Thanks DayZ but I'm afraid I'm staying

The Alpha is far, far, far better than I was expecting. I'm loving it and having a blast. I'm not on the most populated servers which kind of makes it quite intense when you can go an hour without meeting anyone and then suddenly it's all on.

When it said Alpha I expected the game to be almost unplayable - yet I've clocked 85 hours - just brilliant.

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes
  • Like 20

LOL Great trolling title! xD My brain automatically read it like a complaining thread. *Hits head* Anyhoot, I am glad your enjoying it! It is very fun! :3 I just hope that they add mountain dew....

• Like 1

I didn't know what I was getting but I love it!

Like DJ SGTH

nice post title...mite find one of these low pop servers n share some bean with ya... but until then take these :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

I'm even more excited that this is JUST the beginning. Like you said, it's just an ALPHA and it's already great. We still have sooooo much more stuff to enjoy and experience coming up.

Good to see that some people see the positive side more than the negative... Have some beans for that lonely hour exploring. :beans:

Have to agree with op. I am really sorry also that i have put in over 100 hours of entertainment for myself, and I will be staying. Great alpha, also makes it so much better with that bold intro agreement.

yeah i was surprised as well by the playability of it. i also have put more time in than what i thought just looked 145 hours damn they flew by.

Thanks guys you're just a bunch of  big ol' Teddy Bears the lot of you - ok Teddy Bears that KOS, shoot people in the face and make them drink disinfectant - but big Teddy Bears nevertheless!

I agree, this is better than alot of polished full release games... By Far... Almost 150 hours in...

Jesus, people. Come on.

I know we're all excited to be playing DayZ and stuff, but seriously? Can we try not to speak in hyperbole and be honest with each other about where the game is in its development cycle?

Better than full release games? Just brilliant?

There are literally zero actual features in the game. There are a half-dozen deaf and dumb zombies per server which don't respawn when killed, no loot spawning, virtually no collision detection, random character wipes, massive connectivity issues, immortal rabbits that make zombie or soda can sounds, two actual weapons and a laundry list of features that are non- or partially-functional. 

Yes. It's a really good start and we should all be glad that the game has made it safely on to its own engine and doesn't crash to desktop or cause your house to catch fire, but for real you sound like a bunch of teenage Beatles fans ranting and raving about how "brilliant" or amazing the game is in its current state. It's a goddamn mess. 

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Jesus, people. Come on.

I know we're all excited to be playing DayZ and stuff, but seriously? Can we try not to speak in hyperbole and be honest with each other about where the game is in its development cycle?

Better than full release games? Just brilliant?

There are literally zero actual features in the game. There are a half-dozen deaf and dumb zombies per server which don't respawn when killed, no loot spawning, virtually no collision detection, random character wipes, massive connectivity issues, immortal rabbits that make zombie or soda can sounds, two actual weapons and a laundry list of features that are non- or partially-functional. 

Yes. It's a really good start and we should all be glad that the game has made it safely on to its own engine and doesn't crash to desktop or cause your house to catch fire, but for real you sound like a bunch of teenage Beatles fans ranting and raving about how "brilliant" or amazing the game is in its current state. It's a goddamn mess. 

Sorry we ain't cool enough for you and it's got it's issues but I'm loving it. I buy a fair amount of games and I don't need somebody to tell me if I'm enjoying it or not because I am. If you'd care to look around the forums you will see many other people enjoying it also.

Yes it's alpha and yes it ain't polished but who gives a flying F?

And amazingly it IS BETTER THAN MANY FINISHED GAMES!!!!!

I know cuse I've wasted a fair bit of money over the last year or so on DayZ wannabes,

So i don't know Bleurhghghgghghhggh to you!

• Like 1

Yes it's alpha and yes it ain't polished but who gives a flying F?

People who would like a game to consist of something besides running and picking up loot, because right now those are the only two things in the game that are reliably functional.

I look around the forums and see a lot of people who are delusional and talking about a game that doesn't exist yet. 

Yes, the future of DayZ is exciting but the present of DayZ is a broken shell of a game that has a long and bumpy road ahead of it. We're not doing ourselves any favors by pretending it's a Porsche when it's still a Toyota Camry.

People who would like a game to consist of something besides running and picking up loot, because right now those are the only two things in the game that are reliably functional.

I look around the forums and see a lot of people who are delusional and talking about a game that doesn't exist yet. 

Yes, the future of DayZ is exciting but the present of DayZ is a broken shell of a game that has a long and bumpy road ahead of it. We're not doing ourselves any favors by pretending it's a Porsche when it's still a Toyota Camry.

Sorry but I disagree - I was pinned down by a sniper today, (I explained in an earlier post), and being an idiot tried to flank him without really having a clue where he was. He shot me in the guts and whilst I survived it was pretty intense with him taking pot shots at me as I was trying to heal - it was fun I was grinning like an idiot.

"We're not doing ourselves any favors by pretending it's a Porsche when it's still a Toyota Camry". - Why I'm loving it?

If you are not having fun then go and play something else. I used to do that with the latter Total War series as it was largely unplayable until it was patched, so I'd buy the game,  get frustrated and then come back 6 months later when the game actually worked.

This game is totally playable you just need to be creative enough to enjoy it.

And if you don't go play something - we can disagree with you - you know that?

I'll give you a game hint. People, well, mankind mostly. Has feared the night ever since there was a mankind. So, when a server resets, that's when you go get food and ammo. At night time. Everyone else is hiding, which means, more for you.

Newt in Aliens stayed alive because she kept under the radar. The Marines, weren't so lucky. Everyone's out in the daytime, not night.

See ya later sucker.

Edited by zaphodity

LOL Great trolling title! xD My brain automatically read it like a complaining thread. *Hits head* Anyhoot, I am glad your enjoying it! It is very fun! :3 I just hope that they add mountain dew....

I too thought that it was just another troll thread asking for a refund :P

Good thing I was proven wrong.