Sign in to follow this  
Jumbaliah

Next patch: a big one?

Games take time to develop. Please be patient. Constant nagging does not help the devs do it any faster. They know what needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

Good form, bad end answer. 30 second logout (think of going to sleep) penalty and another couple of minutes for server logon and you're fixed, i say. Sweeps both loggers and hoppers in the most logical fashion.

Going to sleep takes longer than 30 f*cking seconds. More like 30 mins for sleepy times to start. But 30 secs is a good number.

Uhh, that's exactly WHY we should expect to see huge updates and patches often. If they're that far out from Beta, then they should be making massive changes constantly and huge strides forward on basic functionality and new features.

As Beta approaches, changes should become smaller and less frequent, because the game will be closer to done.

If it takes more than a couple weeks between major patches, then Beta in 2014 sure as Hell isn't going to happen.

The development team can only work so fast to produce the game to Dean's standards.  Video games are immensely complex and take a lot of time to receive feedback, reproduce bugs, fix them, implement new sounds, models, animations, features, optimziation etc.  Updates will come when they are ready, not when they are wanted.  It sucks to anxiously wait but that's the reality of it.

I really dont understand the obsession with the shotguns...... seems to me they are going to be somewhat worthless unless you are camping stairs or clearing a building.  

I dont know about you but most of my engagements in DayZ happen at a range that just take the shotgun completely out of the equation and since you cant effectively carry 2 guns (unless they change that with a shotgun) it seems like a total waste of time. 

I really dont understand the obsession with the shotguns...... seems to me they are going to be somewhat worthless unless you are camping stairs or clearing a building.  

I dont know about you but most of my engagements in DayZ happen at a range that just take the shotgun completely out of the equation and since you cant effectively carry 2 guns (unless they change that with a shotgun) it seems like a total waste of time. 

Shotgun + pistol my friend. Also sawn off could be like a pistol in regards to where you can put it but bigger.

They should add atleast 1 gun each update, if they dont then people will stop playing very soon, myself, I moved back to DayZ Epoch.

• Like 2

In all likelihood, it probably won't be anything huge. A few bug fixes here, a few patches there. That kind of stuff.

But as long as we're sitting on Santa's lap, i want an SKS and a functioning silencer. And a pony.

They might release a big patch, but keep in mind just one aspect of the game's code could take months to plan/code/test/fix/test/fix/test.... etc.

what people dont understand is that they dont care about YOU now.

dont get me wrong.

they want to make a very good game. they told us: DONT BUY IT NOW.

and they will work as fast as THEY WANT.

really dean really dont care if a few people leave dayz because it is too slow for them.

i think he even wont care if 50 % of the player base would leave ( in my opinion it would be fantastiv for the game if all the idiots would leave)

really go or stay. but dont think they will rush only because of you

Edited by Nariquo
  • Like 2

Personally at this point in the development cycle I couldn't care less about server hopping (actually right now I'm against preventing server hopping, because with the desync issues you might have to jump from one server to another) or combat logging. I would rather have features to try out and see that they add combat logging timers and ways to prevent server hopping later on.

Server stability and respawning loot with added non-glitching/clipping-zombies, bitte. Some crafting and cooking would be nice to try out.

Ladders might also be a good thing to fix.

ill be happy if they just fix the desync issue allready its unplayable for me and for the people i play with that is gamebreaking

There are (semi) long range rounds for shotguns.

if they dont add a server hopping timer (easy as piss and honestly should have been in since day 1)

even just a 2-3 minute timer, just enough to annoy server hoppers/ghosters

i will still play...haha

but to do the above they must do loot timer proper...not this current restart only sys...

but realistically just pull the 10 sec log out timer from the mod and the server hop timer from the mod/breaking point A3

fix rubberbanding and toss in a few more Zs and were happy.

that is a lot for 8 dayz though!

Edited by deebz1234

I just want to see loot spawn fixed.

And maybe how zombies spawn.

Those are the two big issues for me right now. I guess adding a bit more weapon variety wouldn't hurt either.

I just want to see loot spawn fixed.

And maybe how zombies spawn.

Those are the two big issues for me right now. I guess adding a bit more weapon variety wouldn't hurt either.

These are both server issues.

Spawning more zombies = server lag

Loot respawning = server lag

I think improving server performance will be an arduous task and will not happen overnight.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 3

Next update will be approximately 70 new books and 3 new color t shirts for when you make your character. 

Edited by HCHellCaptain

I would be happy if they would just fix the desync and combat logging/ server hopping issues.

Some new weapons would be nice though.  :D

Exactly, all you hopeing for new equipment and cars and general items when there are more complicated/important things than them too be added, such as what's listed in the quote and MANY other things, you bought an alpha remember 8 days isn't even that long...

These are both server issues.

Spawning more zombies = server lag

Loot respawning = server lag

I think improving server performance will be an arduous task and will not happen overnight.

And this is why the patches we are getting are small and don't add much in terms of weapons/vehicles and other added functionality. If they added more of that stuff the servers wouldn't be able to handle it and then we'd have people bitching about how unstable the servers are.  

So thank you for working on the underlying server issues instead of giving the cry babies more to cry about.

i just hope for something new :) and please dont add vehicles! ^^ vehicles should join in the beta :P

but what i really wish is a message if somebody gets killed like dayz mod "xxx was killed" just to know who gets killed...so... maybe :)

Respawning and more zombies... I need nothing more than that right now. Vehicles can wait after the basics of the game actually work properly. DayZ should be about the zombies not about hiking forever... :/

The game was a lot more fun in the first two days of the early access release when only one person in ten had an M4 + 400 rounds.

Oh really? Especially if that person was you, I guess, right?

So one person can go around KoS, while the others run aimlessly in the beautiful Chernarus hills...

yeah that is fun...

Next update will be approximately 70 new books and 3 new color t shirts for when you make your character. 

im ok with this