Contriturate

Special Player Skins For Alpha Participants.

I think that when the game goes into full release that all alpha participants should receive the ability to wear (for example) a special shirt or clothing piece available to only them, and it should be destroyed if dropped and excluded from looting. This wouldn't give the player any advantage over the average player, but would give a nice little thing to show that you participated in the game's alpha. Then again I'm quite stupid, so what do you think about this idea?

Edited by Contriturate
  • Like 3

im torn.

on the one hand, i like the general concept of little cosmetic perks for players who have been aboard from the start. on the other hand, i am not sure if it fits the special setting of DayZ.

• Like 1

Fantastic idea and this should be the shirt.

Black with "DAYZ" in white lettering on the front. Same as the logo with the zed as the hole in the A.

You get it on beach spawn. It is part of the loot table. Just Alpha users get it on spawn if they pick that shirt from the list.

Rockett can thank us later...

Edited by RyBo

im torn.

on the one hand, i like the general concept of little cosmetic perks for players who have been aboard from the start. on the other hand, i am not sure if it fits the special setting of DayZ.

I mean not like a shirt that says "ALPHA PARTICIPANT" I mean like for example maybe an option of a special version of the default, bandit, and hero skins (if they do in fact include it.)

Edited by Contriturate
  • Like 1

I think that when the game goes into full release that all alpha participants should receive the ability to wear (for example) a special shirt or clothing piece available to only them, and it should be destroyed if dropped and excluded from looting. This wouldn't give the player any advantage over the average player, but would give a nice little thing to show that you participated in the game's alpha. Then again I'm quite stupid, so what do you think about this idea?

A t-shirt with a DayZ logo on it would be cool and I think I would be okay with it, if it was something we could pick as part of default character customization but something that could still be both dropped and spawn as loot in-game.  I don't really think there should be any real exclusives otherwise to me, it establishes a precedent we don't need in DayZ.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 3

Interesting idea, but too limiting. I'd settle for Alpha/Beta badges on the forum. We've basically got that with the 'join date' functionality, but a little brag graphic would be great.

But, just playing with the idea, and violating all kinds of copyright and IP rights:

11955856935_f93905d80c_o.jpg

Edited by DJPorterNZ

In my feeling this opens pandorras box. And pandorra has many cosmetic ingame items in her box to sell to people.

A t-shirt with a DayZ logo on it would be cool and I think I would be okay with it, if it was something we could pick as part of default character customization but something that could still be both dropped and spawn as loot in-game.  I don't really think there should be any real exclusives otherwise to me, it establishes a precedent we don't need in DayZ.

You kind of just changed my opinion. I actually agree with letting it be dropped. It could be a great accessory or maybe you could rip it up into rags and save your life. Thanks for the response :)

In my feeling this opens pandorras box. And pandorra has many cosmetic ingame items in her box to sell to people.

Honestly, I did not even think of that. I'm absolutely freakin' torn on this right now. It seems like a good idea, but there are quite a few flaws along with it :l

I kinda like the idea of having a little something to show we are special.  :P

Just make a simple exclusive T-Shirt selectable from the character creator for people who participated in the Alpha and that's it.

Like the idea but not shirt, maybe a scarf or something. It should be forever destryoed during death, it can't be looted. Once we wear the shirt and we die, we will never have it again, we only have one chance. 

Also, how would the devs manage to give all players who are testing alpha a special item? 

Edited by Gdaddy22

Well, i usualy get rid of my shirt at the begin of spawn because i just wand bandages for precautions, so i think that it should be somthing that you wouldnt trade in for a hoddie/rain coat. So it should be like, a Arm band or somthing that you CAN throw out if you want to and other non-alpha players cant pick up off you/loot.

A special item would be cool actually. Some sort of special can opener that doesn't appear in the loot tables and you only get one the first time you spawn. Forum would be filled with "can I get another can opener? I tripped and died and lost it".

but..dayz dont exist in the lore of dayz.

What do you think everyone was playing on the computers in all the houses?

DayZeption!

I'd honestly be happy with a forum tag or something. 

Shirt would be cool too but I disagree with the ''DayZ'' shirt, seems just a tad to out of touch with the rest of clothing items. 

Cool idea, I'm also on  the fence about this. I feel like it would take away some of the immersion.

alpha participants should get an rpg with infinite rounds every time they spawn, also tanks.

Edited by Wigbig

Hell no.

No special shit.

You bought the game. Woop-de-doo.

Don't know how I feel, guess I just don't care all too much about it, but I will say this. Over a million people have bought the alpha so basically everyone you run into will have this shirt if they want to wear it.

I would feel so special after release. Knowing that only 2 million people would have that shirt, so awesome!