chewythefirst

Dual screen wallpaper

so i just got photoshop and was using it for the first time there tonight and did this, tell me what  you guys think?

dayz_wallpaper_hd-HD_zpsd688160e.png

I globally like it :) the cloudy skie and the global darkness are matching with DayZ ambiance

things you can improve:

- proportional resize: it looks like you resized the original image, it's broking ratio and looks weird, especially with the deer stand (it looks flatten) and the bush in the midlle

- logo incrust: I like the idea to put the logo on the stand roof, but you should incrust it better, try to reduce opacity on the layer or play with layer mode

- smoke: the smoke you add on the left behind the trees line could be nice, but I've almost not seen it. If you want to suggest that the character is looking at it and will go scouting the area, you should make it more visible, and may be add a light glow suggesting that something is on fire in there

- character: i think something is wrong with it but can't really figure what. May be the difference of quality between the rest of the image (character = very good details quality / background = little bit blurry and pixelised), or may be the light (looks like he have some light on his left shoulder and his rifle, that is not consistant with the global light of the scene, as the sun looks to be in front of him)

hope this helps ;)

Edited by matiman

Alright I will be blunt for your own good and hope you can manage to learn and grow from your mistakes. The resolution is not even big enough to fill one regular screen, let alone a dual screen. The ratio is wrong. The DayZ logo's perspective is wrong. The image is too dark.

Edited by EchoZeero

Alright I will be blunt for your own good and hope you can manage to learn and grow from your mistakes. The resolution is not even big enough to fill one regular screen, let alone a dual screen. The ratio is wrong. The DayZ logo's perspective is wrong. The image is too dark.

i dont know why it downgraded the res, when i rendered it was 3124x1200. but again i am a beginner to Photoshop so have a lot to learn.

I globally like it :) the cloudy skie and the global darkness are matching with DayZ ambiance

things you can improve:

- proportional resize: it looks like you resized the original image, it's broking ratio and looks weird, especially with the deer stand (it looks flatten) and the bush in the midlle

- logo incrust: I like the idea to put the logo on the stand roof, but you should incrust it better, try to reduce opacity on the layer or play with layer mode

- smoke: the smoke you add on the left behind the trees line could be nice, but I've almost not seen it. If you want to suggest that the character is looking at it and will go scouting the area, you should make it more visible, and may be add a light glow suggesting that something is on fire in there

- character: i think something is wrong with it but can't really figure what. May be the difference of quality between the rest of the image (character = very good details quality / background = little bit blurry and pixelised), or may be the light (looks like he have some light on his left shoulder and his rifle, that is not consistant with the global light of the scene, as the sun looks to be in front of him)

hope this helps ;)

cheers to the tips, they help a lot. i havent even started to scratch the surace of photoshop yet so hopfully i get a lot better.