Sign in to follow this  
braiboo

Being killed by server hoppers ruining game

My current character today made it to the north west airfeild and after staking it out to make sure no one was around,entered a building closing all doors behind me and looted it,just about to open doors and leave building and bang bang ,you are dead.This is about the 4th goddamn time in 10 plays this has happened,i can except that everyone kills on sight and i can except everyone farms loot points by server hopping but not this.

I think all players spawning in should be teleported at least half a mile from built up or high value loot areas.

Not trying to be a butthole but maybe try replying on an already made thread like this instead of making a new one?

• Like 4

I'm sure they are working on a fix to server hopping but I feel you. Look on the bright side though, if you get the drop on them you sometimes get great loot.

yeah probably should have replied to other threads but it was more of a rage post >:( .

You know you can clearly hear the sounds of mass reloading when someone logs in within a very wide area..... so next time you are in a building and hear that sound, stop looting and look around then blow them away while they are in load in lag. 

Oh look another one of these threads.  That makes # 10213081239281031 I think.

When you are going to NWAF, expect do die.

You not gonna survive like some super hero or something. You going to airfield, you will die sooner or later. But you will die.

i usually make it to the NE airfield when looking for guns/loot and going to an airfield is the most intense experience. lots and lots of activity. its a long run (30 mins from kammy), but well worth it- ive died and ive also succeeded and killed those being douchey.

personally, i think this is the best part of the game- very intense, gathering, listening for sounds, suddenly the door opens right after you find an M4 and load it- popopopop! me gots more loot. i was fully geared a few times and wanted to suicide just to experience that gathering part again lol.

dunno what the answer is. ive had people spawn in the room i was in. we both shat ourselves, usually weaponless, axes swinging, lol. you have to be very very cautious while looting in an airfield. its probably the most tense part of the game.

• Like 2

How is the supposed magic patch going to fix this? How are they gonna stop random people from spawning in the exact same place where they left the game? I'm very curious about this.

You know, I use to think that they were ruining the game myself. Until I started camping their server log in spots and killing them as they logged in. All you have to do is find out where to watch, then wait. You be killing them as well.

How is the supposed magic patch going to fix this? How are they gonna stop random people from spawning in the exact same place where they left the game? I'm very curious about this.

They won't and can't fix this problem. Deal with it

Add respawning loot and more different loot. Im 100% sure that this will get rid of 50-70% of the current server hoppers, if not even more. It's not fun joining a server with basicly no loot, right? Loot is a motivation to keep playing this game, to push yourself to run up to the north-west and try to find better and better gear. Right now, there is such a small variation it quickly get's booring.

Edited by grimsonfart

My current character today made it to the north west airfeild and after staking it out to make sure no one was around,entered a building closing all doors behind me and looted it,just about to open doors and leave building and bang bang ,you are dead.This is about the 4th goddamn time in 10 plays this has happened,i can except that everyone kills on sight and i can except everyone farms loot points by server hopping but not this.

I think all players spawning in should be teleported at least half a mile from built up or high value loot areas.

Sit in a corner - away from windows. Watch door and listen for spawning reload sound. Kill all server hopers in your loot spawn. Gather loot = profit. :) 

• Like 1

There are ways they could regulate spawning proximity or setup log-in spawn points for different zone of the map with enough that it wouldn't be obvious where characters appear when loggin in. 

Personally, Id like to see an anti-battlelog script or something added. Meaning you must wait 10 - 30 seconds to exit the game upon hitting exit. If you Alt + F4, then it leaves you in the game for 30 seconds. Problem solved.

i usually make it to the NE airfield when looking for guns/loot and going to an airfield is the most intense experience. lots and lots of activity. its a long run (30 mins from kammy), but well worth it- ive died and ive also succeeded and killed those being douchey.

personally, i think this is the best part of the game- very intense, gathering, listening for sounds, suddenly the door opens right after you find an M4 and load it- popopopop! me gots more loot. i was fully geared a few times and wanted to suicide just to experience that gathering part again lol.

dunno what the answer is. ive had people spawn in the room i was in. we both shat ourselves, usually weaponless, axes swinging, lol. you have to be very very cautious while looting in an airfield. its probably the most tense part of the game.

This

I love it, I had a few encounters at that airfield and it's my favorite place in the game.

The random sound glitches at the moment make hearing anything meaningful difficult at best

why not? its one of the main things taking away from the realism of the game.im sure if theres a will theres a way

well that's funny. they fixed it on several other games.

it's called. "SERVER SIDE CHARACTERS ONLY".

no character info is stored Client side. thus. you want to play with your leet ghillie guy? you can only do so on X server.

the same way world of warcraft works

Can't believe ppl are actually bitching about this, not only is the sound of reloading a weapon extremely loud when you first log in there's also depending on the server a 10 to 30 second window of inactivity, the person with the real disadvantage is the logger. Ppl get to eager to loot that they forget they are playing a game where ppl are out to get them. 

Personally, Id like to see an anti-battlelog script or something added. Meaning you must wait 10 - 30 seconds to exit the game upon hitting exit. If you Alt + F4, then it leaves you in the game for 30 seconds. Problem solved.

well all it would take is something like in Skyrim how you can't rest when an enemy or threat is nearby.  You press ESC and a popup appears that you can't exit while enemies are nearby and maybe a wait 20 second option so they can still try to exit.

I keep thinking the game should disallow re-spawn around certain areas. Even if it means a twenty minute run  to get to a loot zone. Players should by best practice be spawning in the wood away from buildings anyway.

Now I’ve not played the game only watch many hours of streams but to see a player take up a position open fire only to see that player taking incoming disappear on to another server run to where the positioned player is and spawn back in kills it for me just now. Its like using a private safe road to your enemy that they cant see.

Player A takes Shot, So Player B Character should be locked in to the server for a time be it fifteen minutes or until the distance between A & B has become such contact is broken.  If player B logs out they cant log back on next to player A.But as squad play seems the order of the day maybe the game needs a check box that recognises players in your own group. It’s something they will have to work on, but I’m confident they will get a system in place.

2013-12-24_00002_zps6ff8de9c.jpg

Thats the best fix I have found for server hoping so far. All that gear "they worked hard" for gone after one 7.62 to the dome.

• Like 3

I keep thinking the game should disallow re-spawn around certain areas. Even if it means a twenty minute run  to get to a loot zone. Players should by best practice be spawning in the wood away from buildings anyway.

Now I’ve not played the game only watch many hours of streams but to see a player take up a position open fire only to see that player taking incoming disappear on to another server run to where the positioned player is and spawn back in kills it for me just now. Its like using a private safe road to your enemy that they cant see.

Player A takes Shot, So Player B Character should be locked in to the server for a time be it fifteen minutes or until the distance between A & B has become such contact is broken.  If player B logs out they cant log back on next to player A.But as squad play seems the order of the day maybe the game needs a check box that recognises players in your own group. It’s something they will have to work on, but I’m confident they will get a system in place.

Hey buddy that's called ghosting, we're just talking about server hoppers right now.

2013-12-24_00002_zps6ff8de9c.jpg

Thats the best fix I have found for server hoping so far. All that gear "they worked hard" for gone after one 7.62 to the dome.

My god this screen shot...mmmmmmmm..... that's it I'm dropping my m4 and going to find mosin with longe range scope.

i agree a twenty minute run would also make loot farming less lucrative