GhostFire (DayZ)

Carrying Two Rifles

I`m sure most of you know this already but for those that don`t you can carry a rifle on your back and hold a rifle in your hands...

I only found this out recently and im sitting in a bush near Balota,

Mosin on my back with long scope and M4 in my hands with Acog.....Good luck :)

I have done this on occasion, but I find it isn't all that user friendly.  You drop the gun everytime you put anything else in your hand, which can lead to so awkward and terrifying moments.

I generally do it to hold a weapon for a friend I am meeting up with.

Edited by PhillyT

Pretty sure you can use two guns without a backpack too (if you want to avoid the constant dropping of your gun)

Pretty sure you can use two guns without a backpack too (if you want to avoid the constant dropping of your gun)

Yep, you can do this. I saw it in one of FrankieonPC's videos.

Yes, I watch his videos. They're pretty good and his voice is awesome.

I have done this on occasion, but I find it isn't all that user friendly.  You drop the gun everytime you put anything else in your hand, which can lead to so awkward and terrifying moments.

Sure it does get frantic if you forget and place a different item in your hands and drop rifle in the grass.

Its worse to be eating something after putting rifle down and the red chain appears for server restart lol but its nice to have different ranged rifles for that long walk :)

True.  Of course, if I could reliably hit and kill anyone with my mosin, I would most likely do it more often!

Ladders are your enemy here, I was holding a gun for my friend and navigating the shipwreck with two guns was actually like playing a puzzle game.

• Like 1

True.  Of course, if I could reliably hit and kill anyone with my mosin, I would most likely do it more often!

Mosins are easy to use if you range them correctly .. next time you get one practise on some of the undead at different distances .... they really don`t mind it

Ladders are your enemy here, I was holding a gun for my friend and navigating the shipwreck with two guns was actually like playing a puzzle game.

Lol yup i did a ladder other day had to face palm myself when my M4 vanished :)

Yeah, i know this also if you logout with it in your hand and join a different server, it'll appear in your TAB at the bottom, just drag it in your hands, and you can keep the gun forever until you die., but if you leave an server and keep it in your backpack it'll just drop out.

Edited by Ted_Youtube

I`m sure most of you know this already but for those that don`t you can carry a rifle on your back and hold a rifle in your hands...

I only found this out recently and im sitting in a bush near Balota,

Mosin on my back with long scope and M4 in my hands with Acog.....Good luck :)

Ar'ha the bush near Balota, watch your back.

Yup did know that, and as Ted said, you can log out with it in your hands, and it will appear under your backpack when you log in.

Hopefully in the future, you can replace your melee weapon for another main weapon, or dismantle weapons and put them in your backpack, for example the M4.

Merged. Please don't cross-post.

Yep, you can do this. I saw it in one of FrankieonPC's videos.

Yes, I watch his videos. They're pretty good and his voice is awesome.

You need to get out more, and get a girlfriend.