jasher11

More Roleplaying please?

So i searched the forums and didnt find any threads like this

What i would like is for more people to take up the idea of roleplaying. We already have enough psychotic sadist murderers and i want people to become a character, give yourself a story? Be a hero, medic, a REAL bandit, murderer friendly bambi helper, coast guard etc... Give yourself something to do once you reach "endgame" maybe get an M4 go to cherno kill 4 people then die so you canstart a fresh, rather than take extra ammo take extra food? I am doing this, my next life i am going to say i am not allowed into any military areas such as vybor/kabanino military base, balota airstrip, NE AF, NWAF so on and i will sit around in kamyshovo shoving beans and soda down the throats of new spawns in my luminous orange raincoat

• Like 7

I usually try to roleplay, since i play alone most of the time being a third shift employee. I like to skirt around the outsides of citys looking for snipers to hold up and teach a lesson in humility.(Taking all their things) And protecting people who are just trying to get by. I like to think im very sneaky :) 

i usually try to be a sneaky bandit  :P 

• Like 1

I tried, man. I REALLY did.

I had an idea, decided I was going to get kitted out, then start building "care packages".

Put a backpack loaded with food and water inside MY backpack, then went to Kamyshovo and waited.

I saw a fresh spawn show up, so I ran down the hill and caught up to him as he was getting a drink at the well. Scared the shit out of him, but was easily able to calm him down. Gave him the backpack, told him "good luck brother. I recommend getting off the coast, that's where all the bandits hang out."

His reply?

"Well Im just trying to get to balota and gear up. Thanks again man!"

I facepalmed (still think this needs to be an ingame gesture). I gave him a pack, food and water. He already had a wood splitter....he had EVERYTHING he needed to go north. Instead, he went to balota to "gear up", and since it was a high pop server, probably made it there, found it picked clean, then got captured, my food and water stolen, and bleach sprayed in every orifice.

The next guy I gave a storage box full of food and water, took it, put it in his hands, and tried to kill me with it. I killed him and took my stuff back.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for more roleplay, but I don't see it happening. Not with the game still in alpha, for one.

But until there is more to do, I will play the PvE role of surviving long enough to be "kitted out", and once that is done, I am going hunting.

When there is more to do ingame, I will do it. till then, however...

EDIT:

I will, however, also say that I, for one, ONLY hunt big game. Rabbits and deer don't interest me. I go for the elk, bears, cougars and mountain lions. You get the idea...

Edited by Crazykage
  • Like 2

I will find you! lol and probably take your gun and pants.

C'mon and give it a try :D  :P

i usually try to be a sneaky bandit  :P 

by bandit do you mean you kill people for funsies(KoS everyone) or do you handcuff people take their gear and leave them i a raincoat with 1 can of food?

by bandit do you mean you kill people for funsies(KoS everyone) or do you handcuff people take their gear and leave them i a raincoat with 1 can of food?

Depends totally on the situation... If it's possible without risking my life i'd choose the handcuff thing :)

• Like 1

Steam ID? Server? haha 

If u want to hunt me, you need to find a way to get me by yourself ;)

It is part of a bandit to stay hidden :P

I tried, man. I REALLY did.

I had an idea, decided I was going to get kitted out, then start building "care packages".

Put a backpack loaded with food and water inside MY backpack, then went to Kamyshovo and waited.

I saw a fresh spawn show up, so I ran down the hill and caught up to him as he was getting a drink at the well. Scared the shit out of him, but was easily able to calm him down. Gave him the backpack, told him "good luck brother. I recommend getting off the coast, that's where all the bandits hang out."

His reply?

"Well Im just trying to get to balota and gear up. Thanks again man!"

I facepalmed (still think this needs to be an ingame gesture). I gave him a pack, food and water. He already had a wood splitter....he had EVERYTHING he needed to go north. Instead, he went to balota to "gear up", and since it was a high pop server, probably made it there, found it picked clean, then got captured, my food and water stolen, and bleach sprayed in every orifice.

The next guy I gave a storage box full of food and water, took it, put it in his hands, and tried to kill me with it. I killed him and took my stuff back.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for more roleplay, but I don't see it happening. Not with the game still in alpha, for one.

But until there is more to do, I will play the PvE role of surviving long enough to be "kitted out", and once that is done, I am going hunting.

When there is more to do ingame, I will do it. till then, however...

thats the point there is nothing to do so roleplay, but at least you tried right more than most and i have given stuff to people only to be killed by them but if you die and lose all your stuff it take 20mins to get it back

i am a friendly survivor, usually found at my temporary camp at Black Lakes. I find peace in solitude and will be surviving on hunting and boiled water, once they add those functions. I take on mercenary work as a bodyguard for the medics, and try to help other survivors I meet. I never shoot on site, Unless shot at

EDIT:

I will, however, also say that I, for one, ONLY hunt big game. Rabbits and deer don't interest me. I go for the elk, bears, cougars and mountain lions. You get the idea...

This is an apocalypse. You will eat them if your hungry :P

dude, try looking for the dayzrp server on SA, I don't know if they like still RP since there isn't really any rule enforcement on SA but, that server would totally help you out man

A few guys tried to roleplay with Me the other day, but I had other plans. I was at Balota in a tent in between the barracks and the ATC tower and they ran up on Me yelling, "theres a guy, theres a guy......F2, F2. As they were saying F2 F2, I was rolling My eyes and shaking My head as I hit ESC and exit. You are  going to have to take My gear from my still warm dead body. 

When roleplaying, do you start each new 'life' trying to perform some other role? acting like you're a different person. This is important for my immersion.

IMO a roleplay server for DayZ should be implimented and only certain people would be whitelisted. Would be one of the best

I love roleplay, had some great experiences on Neverwinter nights RP servers but there is a couple of major issues...

Roleplay means that sometimes you have to accept to lose, surrender or things like this, most non roleplayers objective is to "win" at all cost, so it won't happen.

dude, try looking for the dayzrp server on SA, I don't know if they like still RP since there isn't really any rule enforcement on SA but, that server would totally help you out man

once private hives arrive i will live on the rp server

such an interested concept for SA.

half fucking hate RP half absolutely love it.

only way it would work is player whitelistings and some sort of entry application.

also server bans available to owners, etc

there are many who would join "RP" servers to take advantage of the rules and generally fuck with people ..

cant say I wouldnt try it haha

It would be nice if you have to choose a set role before playing a new game, not playing by the set role rules could invoke some sort of penalty. 

A few guys tried to roleplay with Me the other day, but I had other plans. I was at Balota in a tent in between the barracks and the ATC tower and they ran up on Me yelling, "theres a guy, theres a guy......F2, F2. As they were saying F2 F2, I was rolling My eyes and shaking My head as I hit ESC and exit. You are  going to have to take My gear from my still warm dead body. 

Jeez, you're such a badass for combat logging. 

• Like 1

I usually throw a slight RP attitude into my fresh spawn. Have some fun running up and down the coast talking with people, be inventive and you don't always have to some sort of deranged apocalyptic axe murderer without an axe.

Whats the worst gonna happen? Lose a T-shirt?