wud

Wallhack

We (me and 2 friends of mine) just got a strange encounter were a dude MUST have wallhacked.
We where in a safe building with no visual sight into the building from outside, and got sprayed wtih a mosin through the wall. 
Never happend to me before.

Here are 2 screenshots that should make clear that there is no posibility that the dude could have seen us.

221100_screenshots_2014_01_14_00001.jpg

221100_screenshots_2014_01_14_00002.jpg

The shots went through the left wall on the second picture, and 5 shots later we ended up dead.

So guys.. the data is following

IP:       188.138.32.72:2502
Name;  DayZ DE 1-6 (Public/3PP:ON) 114008 - Hosted by MPGS.co

just take care of this German server ^^

Edited by dawud

Indeed ..they will
But at the moment servercodes are being optimized ..
so the best (and hopefully the last) time for hackers and script kiddies to push their damaged egos

Edited by dawud

theres already ways to look through walls using glitches alone but i dont think i'm allowed to post how to do it

Something similar happened to me last week. I remember reading some guys' post saying it was possible to disable walls and zombies from certain files - which doesn't even come up as a hack... I don't mind dying in this game from glitches, lag or whatever since this is alpha but dying from hackers or people who can see through walls is just no fun. I just changed servers last time and haven't encountered anything of the sort since.

@sigvatr
allready experienced that sometimes, when logging in inside a building, that textures of the housae failed to load..
wich could lead to something that appears like a hack if you exploit it.

@Sinfulsebastian
jup

Was your back against the wall if so part of your body may have clipped through it and he shot that part of you that clipped.

Seen this happen a few times.

Was your back against the wall if so part of your body may have clipped through it and he shot that part of you that clipped.

Seen this happen a few times.

This is reference to Battlefield 4 yes. But THIS happens in dayz/arma games too.

• Like 1

Apparently if you delete certain game files all buildings and walls disappear .

So not really a hack is a flaw in the game.

The shots went through various walls and no, our backs/limbs did not look out of the house..
As a matter of fact, we discused the pros and cons and came to the conclusion that it indeed, must have been scripts, the other guy used.
Just the second before all that happened i killed 2 guys with the .45 cal. semi auto that attacked my friend..the this guy joined and .. yeah... mentioned above 
Too sad that allways when i capture ingame-footage nothing happens.. and as soon as you stop capturing.. hell breaks loose O_o

Apparently if you delete certain game files all buildings and walls disappear .
So not really a hack is a flaw in the game. 

Shouldnt Steam verify the game files ?
This must be reported in the bugtracker

Edited by dawud

when I see topic name 'Wallhack' I was sure is again 3rd person debate happen ;)

• Like 2

collision is so wonky at the moment, you could drive trains through buildings....

after all this pile of intel it sounds to me like a mixture of glitch and luck what happend there..
if it was NOT a hack, then we do not mind
i do not bother ,since the mod lteached me not to get  overattached to gear

Edited by dawud

Hacking is such a big word.

There's an exploit, a very simple one, many people know about and it was reported to the feedback tracker ages ago, that allows players to simply remove every object in the game that isn't loot and terrain, i.e, every building, tree and rock are just gone, so players can see through them, walk through them and shoot through them.

Hicks posted about testing the solution to this problem nearly a week ago but I guess it didn't work cause the update never went live. You should consider the geometry to be completely optional until the 'signature verification' feature is enabled.

• Like 1

The buildings are pretty much deathtraps at the moment. You go in them, can fall/glitch through walls and usually die from fall dmg, zombies pop in and out as they please, 3rd person douchebags abuse their detached view and clip their camera into the walls to see you, kids delete files that they should not be able to play without letting them see through walls, bullets seem to penetrate walls so allowing for spray and pray kills should someone see you, and probably much more.

Get in, loot, get the hell out. Until the problems above get fixed, more time in a building = higher chance of death.

• Like 1

Hmmm...was it a 3PP server? Because bullets can travel through thin cover...maybe someone saw where you were hiding from the otherside of the open doorway, flanked and shot through the closed door at you? (or had a friend do so?) Yeah it's wall hacking, but it's a part of the game in 3PP :D

Edited by phlOgistOn

The buildings are pretty much deathtraps at the moment. You go in them, can fall/glitch through walls and usually die from fall dmg, zombies pop in and out as they please, 3rd person douchebags abuse their detached view and clip their camera into the walls to see you, kids delete files that they should not be able to play without letting them see through walls, bullets seem to penetrate walls so allowing for spray and pray kills should someone see you, and probably much more.

Get in, loot, get the hell out. Until the problems above get fixed, more time in a building = higher chance of death.

This is a very good argument for not playing at all

• Like 1