Sign in to follow this  
Karmaterror

Morphine Addictive

Ok, so i found my first morphine injector today. I inspected it and it mentioned something about addictive behaviour. Is this in yet, or has anyone had any side effects from morphine yet?

Yeah I had morphine once for a cracked wisdom tooth, i took too much and went cold turkey the next day. worst come down ever. shit is worse than any hangover you'll ever feel times by 1000. I felt like I'd had sex with a Train.

why anyone would want to use that stuff more than once. is beyond me. those heroin addicts must have some serious problems.

but yeh. Side effects. Being hot and cold. massively feeling shakey. pooping yourself. hallucinations. throwing up. and general nausea.

• Like 4

Opiates IRL need some time to develop dependance.  You don't withdrawal unless you chronically take them and then magically stop.  Taking them for a few days/weeks is perfectly safe with no let down. 

Source:  Registered Nurse for over 6+ years in Acute care.

• Like 4

Oh wow! I can't wait to inject my next captive with many morphine to get him addicted before I realise him!

When I broke my ankle I had a button to give myself a dose, and while I didn't use it, when I woke up knowing it was in me I didn't feel another need for it but it fucked with my senses, or I attributed it to the morphine.

An addiction if you use it often (why would you?) would be interesting, but even more so would be the side effects. Sure it magically fixes your broken bone, but it needs to screw you up a bit, if only for a little while.

• Like 2

Opiates IRL need some time to develop dependance.  You don't withdrawal unless you chronically take them and then magically stop.  Taking them for a few days/weeks is perfectly safe with no let down. 

Source:  Registered Nurse for over 6+ years in Acute care.

actually that's not true at all. like I stated. I took too much .. one time and one time only.  and I had a horrible time the next day.. Source = I took far too much morphine one night.

actually that's not true at all. like I stated. I took too much .. one time and one time only.  and I had a horrible time the next day.. Source = I took far too much morphine one night.

I wasnt aware that my post was directed towards your statement.  It was a blanket statement.  I've never heard of anyone withdrawing from any opiate from a 1 time dose, even if they took too much.  And its very unlikely you had morphine in your possession, probably percocet or vicodin.

• Like 1

I wasnt aware that my post was directed towards your statement.  It was a blanket statement.  I've never heard of anyone withdrawing from any opiate from a 1 time dose, even if they took too much.  And its very unlikely you had morphine in your possession, probably percocet or vicodin.

No it was Morphine. Oramorph, the liquid variety. and Diamorphine which was the tablet form. I took both.

It would be cool to set up a bambi addiction facility in Elektro, guarded, maintained, and made by bandits.

Bambis are handcuffed and taken in then injected with ASDFGHJKL-:;() morphine. Released and forced to survive a ddict.

No it was Morphine. Oramorph, the liquid variety. and Diamorphine which was the tablet form. I took both. 

Thats great but I've still yet to see someone who had a withdrawal from a 1 time dose.  Even if you took a "whole lot".  And I've taken care of a lot of overdose victims.

Thats great but I've still yet to see someone who had a withdrawal from a 1 time dose.  Even if you took a "whole lot".  And I've taken care of a lot of overdose victims.

well you don't need to See someone. I'm downright TELLING you I had first and once only use and withdrawl. I'm very straight edge and know my body. I felt like crap for 2 days after the withdrawl too

well you don't need to See someone. I'm downright TELLING you I had first and once only use and withdrawl. I'm very straight edge and know my body. I felt like crap for 2 days after the withdrawl too

K thats still great and all but you dont withdrawal from something until you reach some form of physical dependance.  This takes more than 1 dose.  Just for good measure i'll throw in some literature.  I could go deeper but I feel I've proved my point. 

http://www.eperc.mcw.edu/EPERC/FastFactsIndex/ff_095.htm

• Like 3

To be honest that sounds like a nocebo effect. You've heard stories of withdrawal and had a fear of them and your own fear makes you sick. Sounds far fetched I know, but the mind is a powerful thing - hence why the inverse, the placebo effect is so well documented :)

• Like 1

All the proof I need that whatever you felt was psychosomatic.

That's not how opiates work. It's physically impossible for you to go through withdrawal after only using it once. Unless you're allergic to it either nothing happened, or it was all in your head.

Edited by Sencha

All the proof I need that whatever you felt was psychosomatic.

That's now how opiates work. It's physically impossible for you to go through withdrawal after only using it once. Unless you're allergic to it either nothing happened, or it was all in your head.

You can still have still have somewhat of a comedown... though I haven't really heard of it in morphine, there is definitely one when it comes to stimulants. 

He sure as fuck wasn't addicted after one day. 

Withdrawal is the bad end of tolerance/dependence. 

You only have opiate withdrawals if you have a tolerance/dependence on opiates, because the withdrawals are caused by the absence of opiates in a system that is dependent on them. 

It's two sides of the same coin, tolerance/dependence and withdrawal. 

And, wouldn't you know, kids like to tell stories on the internet!

Edited by HCHellCaptain

It takes a while to form an addiction, it's not a simple case of "take it once as a painkiller and you're addicted" or there's no way in hell that it would be used in medicine at all.

I don't think this would add anything to the game, I think it's just an aesthetic feature.

What you had were side effects, not withdrawals.

As my name states, if any of you know any thing about addiction, I for one have gone through the whole cycle of addiction and from that came to know a lot about it and I know for a fact that there is know way anybody can have any withdrawal symptoms after one use. It would take weeks even longer if you weren't injecting them. It is a nasty thing to have and would be kind of interesting to see it in the game. Maybe have your character throw up and not respond well to your movements or maybe even not move at all cause just moving and getting around is hell when your going through that. Cant wait to see.

i need to clean my bong its got black resin paste in it