Business Gecko

No healing status.

So my blood level was probably at about 3000/5000 judging on how the saturation on my screen was, so i started eating and drinking until i started healing.

After a good 20 minutes with a invisible but obviously full virtual stomach, there was a noticable difference in the saturation of my screen.

So my question is, is this "Healing\Healthy" status visible from the inventory menu? Throughout the time i was healing, i continuously checked my menu and the "Healing\Healthy" status effect did not appear.

Resources : Merino's DayZ In-Depth Guides (All Credit to Merino obviously)

I would recommend watching these if you're new to the game.

Edited by Business Gecko

I have the healthy status right now. You have to eat and drink ALOT and make sure you aren't sick whatnot. You will eventually get it.

I only got healing status once, though I have been healing many other times.

Well got same problem and healing/healthy status finnaly appeared but after like 4-5 hours of surviving and eating and drinking very well.

So if you live shorter then 3-4 hours then you better get a friend to give you blood transfusion or something becouse healing from eating and drinking to full will not happen any time soon.

Well got same problem and healing/healthy status finnaly appeared but after like 4-5 hours of surviving and eating and drinking very well.

So if you live shorter then 3-4 hours then you better get a friend to give you blood transfusion or something becouse healing from eating and drinking to full will not happen any time soon.

Happened to me in 2 hours. Just eat all you can and don't exhaust yourself.

Today I took a couple of beatings from zombie hordes, passed out once and got to the point where I could barely see anything by how low my blood was at... pretty much the closest I've ever been to death on this game without actually dying. I was aiming for the Healing/Healthy status (I've gotten it before fairly easily, once you get used to it, it comes almost naturally) and I noticed that even though I'd eaten a pretty decent amount, the "Healing" status wasn't there. I went into a building, alt-tabbed shortly, re-entered, exited the building and sure enough, the color was returning. Seems like the "Healing" status was missing or appearing, disappearing then reappearing intermittently... not sure what was really going on there.

Once I was back to full, the "Healthy" status reappeared and stayed there, however. Generally though, yes the status indicators (though normally just white writing without colored in boxes like food/water) should appear where your hungry/thirsty statuses normally appear. Seeing as what I went through today with the "Healing" status being a bit wonky, I wouldn't so much trust that, but the "Healthy" seemed to be alright. I guess looking for changers in colors coming back might be the most help, even if it does take awhile on the first form of "Healthy" status.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Sab
  • Like 1

Not true, I can achieve "HEALTHY" status about 30 mins in after I am a new spawn, and usually can keep it until I die, Drink till your stomach is full, eat A LOT, I do it all the time.

0hz9.png

I tend to get it very early after a new spawn now. Just eat and drink a lot, nothing more to it.

You need to get your energy level up. Eating one or two full stomach's full isn't enough. You need to get full and stay full for a while.

You also need to balance how much food you eat and water you drink.

You can fill your stomach with water but it won't give you any energy and on the other hand you can have plenty of energy but if you're dehydrated you won't be healthy.

I have a "Healthy" status and my guy hasn't complained about being hungry or thirsty for days.

Thanks for all the replies guys, jammin' beans and tuna down my throat and sticking my face under the water pump right now.

Edit: Any idea how long it takes for your stomach to clear?

Edited by Business Gecko

No idea how long it takes your stomach to fully clear, today I spent about 5 - 10 minutes running after filling up my stomach on water and it was good for another 15 - 20 drinks from a pump if that helps.

Edited by Sab

IIRC from those videos,

The stomach empties at 1 per second which I think is milliliters.

A canteen is 100mL, a drink form a well pump is 5mL

Usually when I first get into game, when it's as a fresh spawn after a death, I'll immediately load myself up with food/drink until the healthy tag comes up.. Unless I'm going to reclaim my goodies from my body after a death, then I don't worry about it.  It does take long at all, as the others said.. 30 mins maybe, and your Healthy status is there.

Then maybe it had to do something with me running too much and depleting energy with no time for proper regeneration.

I've cleaned my wounds after 3 different zombie hits, eat/drink and get "healthy," and then i"healthy" disappears soon afterwards. I clean my wounds again/take anitbiotics and I'm sick again - repeat food/water cycle, get healthy and then it disappears, Does each zombie hit need to be treated individually or do all wounds at once get treated at the same time? What am I missing here?

Meh, it's most likely most people don't get it is because they stop eating\drinking until it says "My stomach feels stuffed\My stomach feels full"

You can actually eat quite a bit more until you should actually stop eating, "I feel Over-Fed/My stomach feels bigger than normal"

I've cleaned my wounds after 3 different zombie hits, eat/drink and get "healthy," and then i"healthy" disappears soon afterwards. I clean my wounds again/take anitbiotics and I'm sick again - repeat food/water cycle, get healthy and then it disappears, Does each zombie hit need to be treated individually or do all wounds at once get treated at the same time? What am I missing here?

Ah this was really confusing for me too, but the reality of it is, when you clean your wounds you get a sick status.

You will get status messages saying stuff like "My wounds don't hurt as much/My wounds look cleaner"

You simply just have to wait until it says "My wounds don't hurt anymore\My wounds have healed" and the sick status will disappear.

That was the case for me anyway.

• Like 1

I've been hit a few times and just bandaged without cleaning. my "Healthy" status never changed.

You're problem may be that you're eating enough to get  your water and energy levels high enough for a Healthy status, but you're not keeping your levels there.

Your energy and water levels will depete over time, even if you're not moving, You need to keep eating and drinking. Water needs to stay avove 3500 and Energy needs to stay above 5000 (IIRC)
These videos explain all the numbers...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9YSGX22B6Z3k9-hJzJcz4w/videos

Edited by Hutch

I felt like the healthy thing was an urban myth lol. Earlier today I watched those same vids and within 10 mins healthy status. You really have to cram the food down. I ate maybe 1 bag of rice, 3 tins of something or other then had to wash it down with 2 bottles of water to compensate for rice dehydration. Then 2 cans of drink for the energy value that water didn't give me.

Even then i didn't have the status, but i was getting full messages. Five mins later I'v looted more food and drink, then soon as the messages stopped, i gorged again....another 3 cans and 2 sodas. Finally i saw it......Il never get that feeling of achievement from it again lol....but there it was, healing. After a few mins it turned to healthy :)  

• Like 1

I felt like the healthy thing was an urban myth lol. Earlier today I watched those same vids and within 10 mins healthy status. You really have to cram the food down. I ate maybe 1 bag of rice, 3 tins of something or other then had to wash it down with 2 bottles of water to compensate for rice dehydration. Then 2 cans of drink for the energy value that water didn't give me.

Even then i didn't have the status, but i was getting full messages. Five mins later I'v looted more food and drink, then soon as the messages stopped, i gorged again....another 3 cans and 2 sodas. Finally i saw it......Il never get that feeling of achievement from it again lol....but there it was, healing. After a few mins it turned to healthy :)

Yeah, that was like that time when I was watching that StreamerHouse "Inigo" guy on twitch.tv. His screen colors were black and white so he was obviously desperatly in need of health, he even asked to his squad if they had something to heal him and obviously they hadn't. So I tried to explain him through his tchat how to get the "healing" status in details.

He tried to get it for litteraly 5mins and then his friends and he mocked me on vocal like "I tried and it doesn't work, enough with your bullshit dude huehuehue what does the fox say?" (I didn't get that last one)

People think this is a myth because even though people explained to them how to get things done, they are too lazy to do it properly or they are just too stupid.

Edited by Isamu7