Sign in to follow this  
Aimstrong

DayZ (mod) Soundtrack in SA

DayZ Soundtrack  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have the old soundtrack back and hear it in the standalone?

I turn it off anyway, but it was awesome.

You miss it? Ok, I vote "yes". :P

• Like 1

I didn't really like it very much. It was nice but it blocked out other sounds too much. I think I used to have it playing at really low volume so that it became a kind of background sound.

In the SA I think I would prefer more background ambient sounds instead.

• Like 2

I didn't really like it very much. It was nice but it blocked out other sounds too much. I think I used to have it playing at really low volume so that it became a kind of background sound.

I was going to post this exactly.

Meh, I always turned it off. I don't really consider it realistic hearing music without speakers....

• Like 1

I agree, and seeing as the soundtrack would constantly play the same tracks over and over again, it got fairly repetitive very quickly. A new soundtrack is needed for the SA.

For me, soundtracks are a large part for games and movies. I feel like the SA needs far more soundtracks than the mod, and it needs a specific theme to it.

Well the Question is what is the goal of DayZ? Horror Game or realism? For a Horror Game a creepy Music is necessary but if you try to make realistic survival Game there is no need for music. Or do you always hear music, when you go outside?

I would like some sort of soundtrack in the menu, kind of like the fallout theme.

No friggen battlefield dubstep or anything.

Something emotional but also inspiring I don't care if it feels like it's putting feelings in my face because I think that's what a post apocalyptic game should do.