Sign in to follow this  
-Morph-

Mysterious deaths

I play the game solo, living the quiet life up north. I can go days and weeks without seeing a soul.

My last three deaths have all been the same, after up to a week surviving.

I just get the 'you are dead' message suddenly and inexplicably. There is no gun shot, no apparent enemy.

The most recent time happened inside a room with no windows, in a building I had cleared, in a un-looted town.

I am absolutley convinced now this is hackers or admins. Anyone else getting these deaths?

Makes it fairly pointless to do anything but join the coastal massacre...

I would like kill messages in game. Who killed me and by what means.

Edited by -Morph-

Desync can cause this. On your end, You're running around like a champ, To everyone and everything else, You're standing there like a derp, being eaten by zombies.

• Like 3

I had this issue and both times had people with me

Was inside a room facing the entrance with no possible way to get shot

I die and my teammates can't find my body

The other time I was climbing a ladder inside with a friend climbing up behind me (who was a good ten metres below me) when I just get

"You are dead"

My body didn't even fall past him, it just disappeared from the ladder above him and also couldn't be found (this was inside an apartment complex)

They cleared the building after and no one was around and no one logged off the server

So yeah, could be hackers or just a random bug

Next time it happens try pressing esc. For some people this allows us to see what is around our body... This is a great way to check, if it was a coalission bug, aka, falling through the floor etc :)

Next time it happens try pressing esc. For some people this allows us to see what is around our body... This is a great way to check, if it was a coalission bug, aka, falling through the floor etc :)

OK - will do. TY for the tip.

If it was in town and you didyn't saw players and were in building then it was probably zombie glitched in textures that killed you.

If it was in town and you didyn't saw players and were in building then it was probably zombie glitched in textures that killed you.

There were no zombies, in the entire town in fact! I was in the town north of the NE airfield, whihc apparently was saved the zombie apocolypse! ;)

This did in fact happen to me a couple of times. I've noticed I was always playing on a fairly empty (0 - 5 players) server. What I've found is that some servers stay empty for a reason (being bugged / desynced) so my theory is the server glitched me to die a few times.

Just my personal theory though, would like to hear if you experienced this on more crowded servers too?

This did in fact happen to me a couple of times. I've noticed I was always playing on a fairly empty (0 - 5 players) server. What I've found is that some servers stay empty for a reason (being bugged / desynced) so my theory is the server glitched me to die a few times.

Just my personal theory though, would like to hear if you experienced this on more crowded servers too?

I can't remember for the earlier deaths tbh, they were well over a week ago. But, yes, today I was on a low pop server too.

I remember something similar happening to me, entered a building in elektro. Yeah I know elektro. But anyway I heard no shots. No zombies. I just got the you are dead screen. And I had a headset on so I would have heard footsteps. It was weird.

I also died two times with no reason.

One time it happened at the new shipwreck north of Berezino.

Second death appeared in a building in the new town north of Berezino.

I remember the two different servers to be pretty empty.

I can say for sure, that nothin hit me, I didn't fall down a ladder or got shot.

I just received the "You are dead"-Message.

Bam-bam-baaa

Edited by VanDyke

This has happened to me once also. Can confirm that I was not killed by a player or zombie, it was definitely some kind of bug and was literally instant, out of nowhere. I can't even properly report it as a bug because I don't even have the slightest idea what caused it. I just... Died.

Edited by Mos1ey

yeah i have died a few times with no idea what has happened usually on stairs for me for some reason (in the stair cases perhaps desync causing me to be where i dont apear to be eg falling) but it has happened in buildings on the ground it has happened in 2 story buildings etc probably died 10 or more times in how i cant explain .

I always talk and listen when i am dead and have not heard anything ( as in someone checking my body ) the times i have i know i have died to a player lol.

Alpha bugs aye again hard to report because how do you recreate something that you have done hundreds of times but once in a while it kills you LOL

The other day my friend and I were traveling together, myself right behind him when he just slumped over dead, no sound of a shot.

We didn't really think it was a sniper because there was no sound, but a few second later I was hit and heard two shots, as the first missed.

So I suspect at least some of the "random death" reports are actually just people getting sniped and it's a sound bug that makes the shot silent.

i have had this once 2 days ago climbed down a ladder tolk 2 steps off it fell over and died

I was in a lift saft and my freind was sitting on the roof sniping so i can tell you 100% i was not shot

The other day my friend and I were traveling together, myself right behind him when he just slumped over dead, no sound of a shot.

We didn't really think it was a sniper because there was no sound, but a few second later I was hit and heard two shots, as the first missed.

So I suspect at least some of the "random death" reports are actually just people getting sniped and it's a sound bug that makes the shot silent.

Yeah I think a couple of the complaints are indeed sound bugs, but it happened to me on a completely empty server too. 

i have had this once 2 days ago climbed down a ladder tolk 2 steps off it fell over and died

I was in a lift saft and my freind was sitting on the roof sniping so i can tell you 100% i was not shot

Ladder climbing isn't 100% safe yet no but I think that's unrelated to the instant dead screen. What you described is that you fell over the ladder to your death. 

Edited by Problematic

Could be Sudden Adult Death Syndrome. That stuff's real, dudes and dudettes.

SADS ?

Happened to me when I was looting Cherno. I was inside a building when I logged off due to not receiving messages or something like that and the timer was going up. When I logged back on, I was getting decync but I didn't care. So 5 seconds in, You Are Dead. I was in the third floor of a building.