Sign in to follow this  
robophant

CaseCeption - now whats going on here? o.O

v0UIBsO.png

YO DAWG, I HERD YOU LIKE BACKPACKS SO PUT A BACKPACK IN YOUR BACKPACK SO YOU CAN BACKPACK WHILE YOU BACKPACK

...but srsly, will it get me banned or my character wiped when doing this? Is there a limit to this? like a max.weight or sumthin? Also, will it make the server crash when doing it excessively?

Edited by robophant
  • Like 1

Already on bug list.

yeah i know, but that wasn't my question :p

Nah man your fine, However I think its going to be very confusing find certain items in your inventory.

• Like 1

Nah man your fine, However I think its going to be very confusing find certain items in your inventory.

i put all the vital stuff into my hotkey-bar so i can even pull my fireaxe out of my backpack which is in another backpack which is in another backpack which is in another backpack... :p

i put all the vital stuff into my hotkey-bar so i can even pull my fireaxe out of my backpack which is in another backpack which is in another backpack which is in another backpack... :P

So just for the record how many incepted backpacks do you have?

So just for the record how many incepted backpacks do you have?

only 2 atm, but i have big plans... :D

Ah the desync shall be amazing i cant wait till you rubber band so hard you will end up doing re runs of your trip to electro.. This is in the bug list expect at some point your bag in a bag will no longer be possible.

Are people that keen to exploit they will do anything for a little more storagee room and this leads to my next question what do you need all this room for cargo pants a jacket a tac vest and mountain pack give you more than enough room for anything of use ( i mean in its current alpha state alot of the things you pick up dont even have a use......

I was going to do the same thing with a mountain backpack, then the hunters backpack and then the taloon and then a box and in it a rotten kiwi.

Wait.

Isn't it so that you get no bonus doing this, or rather, the only bonus you have is carrying multiple backpacks to give to a friend? Last I heard is that putting a backpack in a backpack takes all the slots. Or at least if they're the same, or so. Is that not true?

Wait.

Isn't it so that you get no bonus doing this, or rather, the only bonus you have is carrying multiple backpacks to give to a friend? Last I heard is that putting a backpack in a backpack takes all the slots. Or at least if they're the same, or so. Is that not true?

Yes, putting a backpack inside a backpack takes up all of the slots in the parent backpack. When I've tried to do it, I've only been able to put empty backpacks into another backpack, although that might just be a quirk of the (fickle) inventory screen.

Yes, putting a backpack inside a backpack takes up all of the slots in the parent backpack. When I've tried to do it, I've only been able to put empty backpacks into another backpack, although that might just be a quirk of the (fickle) inventory screen.

it's a quirk...

when i put a hunter backpack into another one i will still have the bottom row of slots available for hoarding stuff

In regards to case-ception. I have tested this and personally after a while running around with a case in a case (or case in case in case in case in case etc) it causes me massive and I mean Massive desync to where I can't even play anymore. I've tested this several times on several servers and every time when i drop the cases, I resync and am lagless. I also tested this with pant-ception (pants in pants in pants etc) and had the same desync issue. Even just picking up a pair of pants in my pants would ALWAYS raise my desync by at least 10, immediately it would drop to 0 upon dropping and this wouldn't happen with "regular" items I would pick up (such as sodas, weapons, food).

On another note, and this May be convenience because I haven't tested this, I have had my character reset on me probably a dozen times since I've started playing. About a 30-40% of those resets have been right after getting a few cases in my inventory.

Might vary from person to person I'm sure, just thought I'd share.

Edited by Maia