Sign in to follow this  
GH3OSTLY

Suggestion: Plate carriers, SAPI plates, and NVG additions.

First off, id like to say that the planned models for some of the stuff they want to add to the game look great, most noticeably the LBT 6094A plate carrier, and PVS 7 NVG unit as highlighted here. (P.S. This is a long post)

2m2dto4.jpg

Im just trying to put in some suggestions here mostly focused around the plate carrier system they are adding, as the 6094a is a very high tier plate carrier utilizing the molle PALS webbing system. Pals webbing is something that covers military-grade plate carriers, and allows different pouches to be attached depending on the missions demands as shown. Below is a 6094a with many different pouches using the pals webbing, and they can be removed and arranged in any fashion. So you could have more mag pouches to hold more mags, but less room for say, utility pouches to hold miscellaneous items. Or have more utility pouches and less room for mags to hold more food or something. I think making pouches an item should be imperative for the plate carrier system, as a 6094a wont be able to hold mags or anything else without pouches. Pouches come in many different colors as well.

5mlle1.jpg

Also with the addition with the plate carrier system, i think more types of carriers should be added to spice up variety. Below are all carriers used by military/law enforcement world wide.

Mayflower APC

mjv7s6.jpg

Banshee rifle plate carrier

2n0ova1.jpg

All of these hold medium SAPI plates in the front and back, as well as holding side plates.

23gzd41.jpg

One more thing i would like to touch on is the NVG types, and peripheral vision. The PVS 7 model which is planned is fine and dandy, but i think that more types should be added for more variety. PVS 15s would be a much better choice than PVS 7s as they are duel tubes, and should give you a wider peripheral view then a single tube on the PVS 7. Adding wider peripheral vision on different NVG optics is basically what im trying to get across here. Below are some shots of what looking through a single and duel tube should be like.

Single tube (PVS 14)

9ulsvd.jpg

^As you can see, this single tube really limits your peripherals, but that is always going to be a disadvantage with any single-tube NVG unit mounted on your head.^

Duel tubes (PVS 15)

a2aequ.jpg

^Though it might be hard to tell, there is a noticeable difference on your peripherals when comparing duel tubes to a single tube, and such a difference makes it that much more realistic, and could make a difference in a night fire-fight. Below is a picture of military PVS 15s.

24614iq.jpg

Last thing id like to add (almost done) is the addition of the PVS 14. This particular NVG unit is a single tube like the PVS 7, but can be used as an optic to be put behind certain sights, such as this EOtech below, so you can use optics more efficiently in the dark.

2rnuekp.jpg

Im not that great at writing huge posts on forums, but this is something i thought i might just bring up since the game is expanding into the world of tactical gear and night vision. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

I personally like the idea of having different grades of nightvision goggles would make playing at night actually viable. and i also like the idea of having the plate carriers with different pouches, would be nice to have a modular vest like that depending on your current needs for misc items and ammo.

Also so what if it isnt an military sim? Would still be nice to get some high end military gear.

DayZ is made to be realistic.....just trying to help here lol...

Oh sorry didn't see that, if a mod could move this there that would be appreciated, thanks.

I like the idea of MOLLE being a factor here instead of simply having a set amount of inventory on your plate carrier. I don't know how in depth they wanted to go with them, but I would definitely be looting far and wide for extra MOLLE pouches.

Maybe making the SAPIs separate, rarer loot items as well? Or maybe giving you one but it becomes almost useless after one or two ballistic hits and you have to find another?

Edited by Hells High

Banshee is something we actually use along with the Crye Precession plate carriers, PVS-15s are only for aviation and Special Operators, PVS-14 in a much more common military NVG and there is no reason why the Long Range Scope can't fit on the M4 and everything else with an upper rail system.

• Like 1

First off, id like to say that the planned models for some of the stuff they want to add to the game look great, most noticeably the LBT 6094A plate carrier, and PVS 7 NVG unit as highlighted here. (P.S. This is a long post)

2m2dto4.jpg

Im just trying to put in some suggestions here mostly focused around the plate carrier system they are adding, as the 6094a is a very high tier plate carrier utilizing the molle PALS webbing system. Pals webbing is something that covers military-grade plate carriers, and allows different pouches to be attached depending on the missions demands as shown. Below is a 6094a with many different pouches using the pals webbing, and they can be removed and arranged in any fashion. So you could have more mag pouches to hold more mags, but less room for say, utility pouches to hold miscellaneous items. Or have more utility pouches and less room for mags to hold more food or something. I think making pouches an item should be imperative for the plate carrier system, as a 6094a wont be able to hold mags or anything else without pouches. Pouches come in many different colors as well.

5mlle1.jpg

Also with the addition with the plate carrier system, i think more types of carriers should be added to spice up variety. Below are all carriers used by military/law enforcement world wide.

Mayflower APC

mjv7s6.jpg

Banshee rifle plate carrier

2n0ova1.jpg

All of these hold medium SAPI plates in the front and back, as well as holding side plates.

23gzd41.jpg

One more thing i would like to touch on is the NVG types, and peripheral vision. The PVS 7 model which is planned is fine and dandy, but i think that more types should be added for more variety. PVS 15s would be a much better choice than PVS 7s as they are duel tubes, and should give you a wider peripheral view then a single tube on the PVS 7. Adding wider peripheral vision on different NVG optics is basically what im trying to get across here. Below are some shots of what looking through a single and duel tube should be like.

Single tube (PVS 14)

9ulsvd.jpg

^As you can see, this single tube really limits your peripherals, but that is always going to be a disadvantage with any single-tube NVG unit mounted on your head.^

Duel tubes (PVS 15)

a2aequ.jpg

^Though it might be hard to tell, there is a noticeable difference on your peripherals when comparing duel tubes to a single tube, and such a difference makes it that much more realistic, and could make a difference in a night fire-fight. Below is a picture of military PVS 15s.

24614iq.jpg

Last thing id like to add (almost done) is the addition of the PVS 14. This particular NVG unit is a single tube like the PVS 7, but can be used as an optic to be put behind certain sights, such as this EOtech below, so you can use optics more efficiently in the dark.

2rnuekp.jpg

Im not that great at writing huge posts on forums, but this is something i thought i might just bring up since the game is expanding into the world of tactical gear and night vision. What do you guys think?

Sounds good and all but it doesnt help to the whole survival aspect, im not saying you but alot of people want High powered snipers and assualt rifles etc, this is a zombie survival game, and I dont think in a apocolypse you would find a whole bunch of long range millitary scopes and millitary vests.. Although you could find them, it is super unlikely. 

• Like 1

Sounds good and all but it doesnt help to the whole survival aspect, im not saying you but alot of people want High powered snipers and assualt rifles etc, this is a zombie survival game, and I dont think in a apocolypse you would find a whole bunch of long range millitary scopes and millitary vests.. Although you could find them, it is super unlikely. 

Can't be too sure in a post-Soviet country.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Chernarus#Military_Zones

Edited by TIC321
  • Like 1

This is not an army sim....or is it? Play vanilla...

Although I agreee with you on the army sim thing but valuable(and rare) items like that would make the game so much more realistic after getting these items you will think twice about popping shots at that guy in the open field :D I bet your heart would be going nuts even harder when u had something like that to loose.

Edited by Deimise

I really hope that if they do add NVGs, they're not able to use them with equipment. Make them their own item you have to pull out and peek through like binoculars.

Using goggles with weapons is a shit idea in my opinion and will only result in people camping hills in the night with long range weaponry. If you don't believe me, go join any server on the mod that is night time with 30 people and go into cherno, see how long before some dude with a NV DMR pops you from 400 meters.

@Deimise

I agree that it is unrealistic to not have these things in the game but like it or not if one player has it the other one wants one too. Since you never know if they really disabled duping the game will be flooded by these items in a blink of an eye. And in time rare will not be rare anymore unless rocket manages to keep the numbers at bay by spawning these items via another list and as globally limited items and not spawned by the server itself.

Edited by Enforcer