herd

Weapon drops ANY kind of ammo in the inventory

Date/Time: 22.06.2012

What happened:

Say you have any weapon equipped as your primary. Say you have ALL kinds of ammo in your main inventory slots. If you open your inventory, select the main weapon, and click drop - ALL the ammo of ANY kind will also drop!

Where you were: this bug happens everywhere on the map

What you were doing: open inventory -> select main weapon -> click the "drop" button

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.4

*Server(s) you were on: any server

Ok, it happens also if you pick up a knife (sic !) or an axe. The second you pick it up all the ammo and the main weapon drops to the ground. Even if you pick up the knife.

Very bugged and broken. Please fix.

Yup. This happened to me a lot of times as well.

When I pick up a weapon, I drop every other type of ammo in my inventory. it's pretty ass...

It also happens(atleast to me) when I pick up more ammo or certain items that seem to rearrange my inventory, nothing too gamebreaking, but it is annoying to have to pick up everything from the ground again :P

I dont think its Dayz specific problem it the arma 2 game engine itself.

I dont think its Dayz specific problem it the arma 2 game engine itself.

So what ? They fix those things in beta patches exactly FOR DayZ.

they didn't fixed these things they fixed the water bug only, so player woun't loose his gear when swimming, what you talking about is different system its makes it easier for regular arma 2 player change his weapon its not considered for dayz and also there probably bugs in that system...

Moreover, if you pick up a tool (knife, binocular) with full inventory, you will drop some things

Look like an item first goes to the inventory, replace cells and then goes to the tool inventory.

Update - already opened: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34077

WOW they fixed it! I cant believe it.

Latest beta patch:

[93989] Changed: When dropping weapon unrelated magazine will not be dropped

they didn't fixed these things they fixed the water bug only' date=' so player woun't loose his gear when swimming, what you talking about is different system its makes it easier for regular arma 2 player change his weapon its not considered for dayz and also there probably bugs in that system...

[/quote']

How is picking up a knife/watch etc is useful to a regular ARMA2 player if ALL the ammo drops???

you dont pick knife in Arma...

its just drops all the mags that cant be used by your weapon...

well its fixed anyway. Good thing noone asked the moaning people here