Mcleane

Should Cannibalism be in DayZ?

Should Cannibalism be in DayZ  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannibalism be in DayZ

A rather simple question with a somewhat complex answer simply put I would love to see this in DayZ and I do realize this might exacerbate KOS, I also believe that there should be some health issues with long term consumption of human meat not sure if this happens IRL or not, need to do some research and come back to that.

Disclaimer

I understand that there is a millions things that take priority which I fully support, this is something I would like to see in the distant future when major things are fixed and alpha is finished.

/Edit I forgot to mention I know it is confirmed just wandered about peoples impressions this isn't a lobby to get it into the game.  

Edited by Mcleane
  • Like 5

I agree there should be an option to cannibalise a body, but there would be possible side effects like shaking hands etc - Kuru disease i think it's called?

I mean if there is a body and you have the means to cut off some meat i would like to see the option.

• Like 4

Ewwwww..... 

But I think its a cool idea y'know, shows a similar trait between those on edge and those which are causing the world chaos......

I like it

It is cool but it could cost serious damage to the reputation of the game.

Especially in countries like Germany and Australia, it would be an instant ban.

• Like 5

Yes.

Everyone forgets Dayz is a survival game. The men and women who settled the American west were regular people cast into a life and death survival situation.

Sometimes eating your fellow man means survival. Personaly, nuff said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donner_Party

Edited by RyBo

Thank God for Steam eh??

This pisses me off so much... Fucking governement, who the hell are you to tell me what I play and how to live my life?

I'd kinda like to see them ban it tough... Gives me a reason to riot and burn some shit down :P

• Like 2

whenever I think about a new feature being added to this game I find myself asking the following questions

is it representative of life in what I imagine to be a post apocalyptic world?

does it fit in with the overall feel of the game?

is it something I could see myself doing/using?

does it challenge me to perhaps make choices I hope I never need to confront in real life?

does it add something new to the overall experience?

will carebears hate it?

and when the answer to all of these questions is 'yes', as is the case here, then it has my full support

Edited by Feral
  • Like 7

If the devs want keep selling their product they shouldn't. There are alot of countries that would ban DayZ for this. 

Germany , Australia and Nee Zealand thats not a lot of countries , thats few.

Germany , Australia and Nee Zealand thats not a lot of countries , thats few.

New Zealand? Well forget about it then, thats where the head dev is from.

• Like 1

Other.

I couldn't care less actually. The aversion towards cannibalism is solely based on culture anyway and when there's no more food, most people would probably resort to cannibalism to survive.

However, seeing as it's not a good practice from a pathological view point, there ought to be consequences. As someone mentioned, kuru and/or CJD.

I'd prefer that other things got priority over this though.

Edited by subliminal_city
  • Like 2

If I'm not mistaken one of the mods of the mod added a cannibalism feature over a year ago, epoch? 2017?

I'd like to see some evidence of it having been banned in any country on earth, post here please.

Edited by Feral

Only if they make food rare enough and the consequences like the disease some poeple described make people think about doing it and don't just make bandits don't have to loot anymore.

I don't see any reason it should be added, from a gameplay perspective but if it were it definitely needs some harmful side effects. Shakiness sounds like a good one, maybe others.

And sure you could cut someone up in the real world and eat them, but it also doesn't take a whole 5 seconds to field dress either. So don't bring realism into it unless you want field dressing to be a nastier and longer process that makes "gutting" very much a chore unlike in the mod, in which case no one would even bother eating other players because it's a chore and leaves you exposed.

I'd rather wait and see how hunting goes before saying, "You know what this game needs? A reason to kill people." We've got enough as it is. Particularly if it will get the game banned in some countries for a needless feature but I don't know a lot about that. I know the mod could do whatever it wanted as it was a mod. Mods can pretty much do whatever they want. Skyrim mods are enough to see that alone.

However cannibalism is in Skyrim unless it was removed for certain countries and I don't think it was banned.

I don't see any reason it should be added,

in a world of limited resources and an absence of law and order it would happen.

there is absolutely no evidence that this addition would result in the game being banned anywhere, there are mods out there which contain this feature already and have been around for months if not years, so far none have been banned.

in a world of limited resources and an absence of law and order it would happen.

there is absolutely no evidence that this addition would result in the game being banned anywhere, there are mods out there which contain this feature already and have been around for months if not years, so far none have been banned.

"from a gameplay perspective"

Mods indicate nothing, by the way. Misery for STALKER has drugs which would get it banned in various places. Mods for Fallout have the same. Skyrim has sex mods like crazy, even a pedophile mod I think. Mods mean nothing to the governments, products being sold and licensed do.

You conveniently ignored my explanation of why I don't think it should be added. Thanks.

• Like 1

*logs on*

*finds dead body in the road*

*equips hunting knife*

*harvests three cuts of meat*

*makes campfire*

*cooks meat*

*goes to south east coast*

*gives fresh spawn some cooked meat*

*gets thanked*

*logs off*

• Like 2

-snip-

Reminds me of Fallout 3 and the strange meat. If it did have negative side effects and wasn't immediately identified as human meat it would be used nefariously no doubt.

It will make game too easy when you can just eat people.

But I vote yes.

Edited by Frosti