Sign in to follow this  
autoloon

What to do if robbed by proper bandits

Requirements: FNX45, .357 revolver with ammo (beginner) or any weapon (advanced)

So you are going to be captured. We have all been there. Sometimes multiple bandits just get the drop on you. So what can you do? 

Step 1: Establish communication immediately with your attackers. Let them know you are friendly quickly so they do not shoot you. 

Step 2: TAB and immediately drop your loaded pistol to the ground then move forward until you are told to stop. Then F2. (note: do not give in to the temptation to drop anything other than your pistol. You cannot risk tipping the bandits that you have dropped anything. 

Step 3: Surrender to captivity. Cooperate with all bloodwork, surrender your inventory, do not resist when they lock you down. 

Step 4: When the bandits have left you, quickly break free and collect your pistol. You should be able to catch up with the bandits and engage them. 

Step 5: If successful, you now have more gear than you started with, and you outsmarted a bandit squad. Good job! 

• Like 7

My guide:

Step one: Run.

If that didn't work, step two: Shoot.

If that didn't work, "you are dead".

• Like 8

yea if this ever happened... Usually its "oh shit some bandits, let me put my hands up" (you are dead)

Ive never even gotten the chance to be properly robbed and I would be so happy if it actually happened to me...

• Like 3

Any bandit squad who's worth thier salt would check the surrounding area for weapons and take the ammo for themselves, If they don't then they deserve to be punished for thier incompetence.

Proper bandits would dileguate before you can uncuff and earch your gun.

The 'bandits' we have will just shoot and call themselves bandits.

I just shoot at anything armed. I guess I could be called a survivor?

if they want "all your stuff" just run or fight. There is no difference between dying and losing all your stuff.

So, if they tell you to drop a certain item, just drop it. If you are allowed to keep most of your items you should accept the offer.

There is no difference between dying and losing all your stuff.

Not if you play the game like a shooter.

You could try and take into consideration your character "feelings" and treat him like he's unique.

My buddy just plays a track of a six year old asking what's happening, then starts crying. He explains his son is watching him, and they are pretending the birds and trees are a park since he cannot go outside due to the cold. Most players just let him go while saying sorry.

• Like 4

My buddy just plays a track of a six year old asking what's happening, then starts crying. He explains his son is watching him, and they are pretending the birds and trees are a park since he cannot go outside due to the cold. Most players just let him go while saying sorry.

Damn..

Damn..

Oh it's backfired to lol. He was telling me one bandit said "well now it's story time, and I'm the evil queen" and shot him.

• Like 1

Y'know, I remember when in the mod people were complaining that bandits should rob and not KOS.

Now here we are in SA and everyone is complaining if someone interacts with them beyond "FRIENDLYFRIENDLYFRIENDLY"

Oh it's backfired to lol. He was telling me one bandit said "well now it's story time, and I'm the evil queen" and shot him.

Haha, damn he should get fraps  :P

Not if you play the game like a shooter.

You could try and take into consideration your character "feelings" and treat him like he's unique.

What you mean is roleplaying. Sadly most people dont do it. 

I like it, but in this alpha state its not worth it ;) 

Youll die to some bug or smth and you get ripped out of your role.

Nope. Can't do that, sorry, as I'm not a pussy.

You want something from me, Bandit or otherwise, you'll come correct and you'll sure as hell be asking nicely. Otherwise you might as well be shooting me in the head all KoS-style, 'cause we aren't going to be doing any business!

• Like 1

My favorite are the "merciful bandits" that always say something along the lines of, "don't worry bro, I won't kill you," failing to realize that right now your loot is worth more than your life

This is how i deal with bandits when they try to hold me up :)

Good stuff.

simple, don't put yourself in a position to be held up in! you'll find plenty of loot inland! if you wanna survive, stay away from open areas, towns, cities and main roads! ;) if anyone does appear, hide and sneak off or get the jump on them :) 

1 - pretend to comply, act like a sap all placid and spineless, make them feel in total control and entirely relaxed, gather yourself and breathe.

2 - wait for the guy to begin cuffing you while deciding which one you are going to try and punch to death and assess the best route out of here, then...

3 - SCREAM! as loud as you can into direct, scream anything, this will distract and confuse them, if done well it can instil panic and complete disarray.

4 - fists raised sprint and melee attack while still screaming and maybe they'll get you but by god their hearts will be racing and you might just escape with your life and your dignity in tact.

5 - if you are still alive zig zag at full speed towards cover and potential freedom

then, hunt the fuckers down.

Edited by Feral
  • Like 1

You shout down the mic 'No i wont be your power trip today' and then you alt f4 out of there and laugh your head off at the alpha game that we are all playing.

Also be sure to poison any food you are carrying on you before hand. Only eat the food that you find as you find it. This also helps you to avoid throwing up eventually. 

HolyLance, that was an epic video.. Probably one of the smartest players I've seen in YouTube videos lately, and great action. Could have done without the intro, though.. The video stands on its own. No need to apologize for your language. This is an adult game. You could have had the last guy if you fired a second earlier, but I know how laggy the game is sometimes.. sometimes you're dead before the game registers you even got hit. Those guys had the worst reflexes, and the aim on them.. holy cow.

Requirements: FNX45, .357 revolver with ammo (beginner) or any weapon (advanced)

So you are going to be captured. We have all been there. Sometimes multiple bandits just get the drop on you. So what can you do? 

Step 1: Establish communication immediately with your attackers. Let them know you are friendly quickly so they do not shoot you. 

Step 2: TAB and immediately drop your loaded pistol to the ground then move forward until you are told to stop. Then F2. (note: do not give in to the temptation to drop anything other than your pistol. You cannot risk tipping the bandits that you have dropped anything. 

Step 3: Surrender to captivity. Cooperate with all bloodwork, surrender your inventory, do not resist when they lock you down. 

Step 4: When the bandits have left you, quickly break free and collect your pistol. You should be able to catch up with the bandits and engage them. 

Step 5: If successful, you now have more gear than you started with, and you outsmarted a bandit squad. Good job! 

Ok so basically I won't hold anyone up anymore.  Back to simply KOSing, taking what I need, and making sure I hide the corpse or use it as bait.  No problem.