Sign in to follow this  
Lyganesh

How was your first death?

Pretty self explanatory, just tell us how you first died when you started playing DayZ SA.

My first death was (Of course...) from a ladder. I was climbing up a ladder when suddenly, at the top, my character slips off and died. This was at a deer stand somewhere around the coast. I learned then that other players are my least concern, as I had several of these deaths.

Logged into a looted server, didn't know the map so I spent time going through empty houses on the coast.

Ended up dying from thirst and hunger... double whammy :D

Edited by Badass Preacher

I checked all the controls before i got in the game and had a good idea of what to expect/do.

I went to the first building I found and got a compass (yay) then I came out the building and a guy in full camo gunned me down with an M4 from about 50m away.

C'est la Dayz.

It was rather sad, 

I was zelenogorsk, a friend and I were looting barracks when some guy sheld us up. ( I respect that guy, he took on two of us without firing a shot) It then escalated quickly to the point where we had him held inside a barracks room with handcuffs :P

I force fed him disenfectant, only for me to die from food poising 5 mins later,

it was so bad!

A group of people handcuffed me, took my pants off and talked dirty with me for some time after which they killed me

Atleast I had cybersex

It was rather sad, 

I was zelenogorsk, a friend and I were looting barracks when some guy sheld us up. ( I respect that guy, he took on two of us without firing a shot) It then escalated quickly to the point where we had him held inside a barracks room with handcuffs :P

I force fed him disenfectant, only for me to die from food poising 5 mins later,

it was so bad!

I don't get it...

Did you accidentally drink disinfectant yourself and thus you died?

I don't get it...

Yeah, I got ina  huge firefight and apparently used disinfectant instead of bandages..... don't ask how because i don't know :P

I don't get it...

Of course he did. As a Scot he smelled the alcohol in the disinfectant and started drinking.

Food poisoning from rotten kiwi that was directly under a fresh kiwi and i couldnt see it.  Somebody was laughing about that one.

Spawned in, ran the coast a little bit full of excitement to be able to loot from most buildings, found two story old fishing shack like the one on Skalisty Island. I climbed up the ladder, didn't find any loot up there so I walked out through the window which was probably a 5 - 10 foot drop. Landed, tried to walk and got "You are dead." So sudden and so final, it was really shocking compared to the mod. I avoid taking any fast ways out of a building now.

Edited by Sab

i found some alcohol tincture... and it gave me the option to drink it... and well yea, curiosity killed the cat :(

Jumped off the first set of stairs in a barn thinking that surely a 3-4 foot fall would not harm me.

Broke my legs. Killed myself.

It was dark, was chased by an axe wielding clown, I hid in a tree, he still hacked me to death.

I beleive I died from attempting to kill one zombie with a pipewrench on a hillside near elektro... the bitch wouldnt go down without a fight... and she won...

went afk in stary upstairs for like 10 mins, came back and a zombie was feasting on my body :(

Spawned after downloading the game, was full of excitement only to find a fresh spawn with a fire extinguisher beating my head in. It was night time and I ran away and bled to death alone and lost in the dark.

Like many unfortunate moments in my life, my first death was premature.

sorry couldn't resist the gag opportunity.. it was actually something lame like a zombie hit leading to a bleed out before I knew about rags

Edited by phlOgistOn

Fresh spawn, found a nice little town on the coast. Was deserted, no zombies, yet no players. Nothing was looted. First twenty minutes of the game was spent carefully and attentively looting every nook and cranny. Was lucky enough to find a can opener, and an orange backpack. Couple houses later, I've stockpiled on beans, two water bottles, filled up at the well, found a nice white check shirt, grey cargo pants, and a few rounds of mosin ammo. A compass as well, which I felt was personally amazing since I wasent aware that the wind always blew east lol.

Went north to the next town, stocked up on vitamins, bandages, found a nice wood chopping axe to fend of zombies, a green ushanka, and was able to switch to a brown hoodie and autumn hunting pants, and brown hiking boots. Noticed there wasent a well tho, and I hadn't seen a pond in the woods I came out of. feeling pretty confident in my sustained survival, I thought I'd backtrack to the previous town for a fill up. Everything was going great, till I remembered my compass, and noticed I had gone northwest instead of south. Made a few sharp turns, and ended up looking at this large concrete building. Doors were open, figured a zombie had went inside. I know, right? Lol.

I notice a closed jail cell, and wondered if I could open it. Turns out I can, and was met with easily a full mag from an m4. I lay there unconscious and talked over VoIP, telling them a warning shot would of been enough.

The exact words I hear are "shoot his pack, in case he gets up" they line up perfectly and wing my pack with about ten more rounds. Somewhere during which, i died.

This was my welcome to the DayZ community

First death was accidental... I fell through a floor and into glitch abyss.

Eventually after server hopping 10+ times, I respawned on top of the house, and jumped to my death. 

• Like 1

I'm glad you asked. My first death came out of nowhere. Actually, I was running down the stairs of the hospital in Berezino and you know what happened? I went straight through the wall broke my legs. But that wasn't what killed me. 3 or 4 zombies came to finish me off but were gunned down by an M4. Shortly after the same M4 was used to end my life.