Sign in to follow this  
Hikurac

The future of DayZ, it's a simple question after all...

The future of DayZ, it's a simple question after all...  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What should DayZ be like, it's your choice.

• "More game-like", 3PV, auto-run key, more HUD, spawn near friends system, more admin control to public hive servers.
    • More of a simulator, vanilla public hive, as harsh and realistic as possible.

Perhaps a little extreme, however if you feel that you lean more to either side then choose that one.

Edited by Hikurac
  • Like 2

If they stick to their core and continue to make the game like it was meant to be made, i will play it for a very long time.  But if they go off track and start trying to please everyone like a lot of games do dumbing it down i will quit playing simple as that.  

But as of now they are making it even more hard with a lot of new mechanics coming later on in the year.  I have faith that they will continue to make the game as intended vrutal, harsh, and unforgiving.  That is why the game is so popular.

I'm really getting sick and fucking tired of these ridiculous "polls" where the answers are so obviously weighted in favor of the results that the OP wants to hear.

Like, hey, here's a poll guys, what do you think? Let me know!

a. I agree with you because I'm an awesome, brilliant and sexy human being who has a huge brain, an above-average dong and strikingly handsome facial features.

b. I disagree with you because I'm a pathetic loser with a penis shaped like a badminton shuttlecock that's been through too many high school gym classes and my breath smells like I just ate dogshit.

Go ahead and answer impartially! I'm REALLY interested in your opinions on this terribly pressing matter.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 5

You say that like this poll is the deciding factor on the course of the game, and like Dean gives a shit what the vocal minority thinks would make the game "easier". :P

From what I've seen they're really not looking for players input on how to change the course of the game. Sure there is some input in terms of loot balance and whatnot but I wouldn't worry about the vanilla game becoming what you listed in your first option. People bought the game as it is, based on Rocket's vision for it.

The people that are happy with the current systems aren't going to post every day about how they don't want them to change, it makes no sense. Trust me, if these sorts of changes started happening on the development side (rather than specific servers, which is great flexibility that makes PC gaming great) you'd hear just how strongly the silent majority really feels.

• Like 2

anti-game maximum difficult 100% complicate mechanics total realism NO COMPROMISE for coward and cry baby guys :thumbsup:  :)

Edited by KoS
  • Like 2

I personally wouldn't worry about the community swaying anything Rocket AKA Dean has in mind as i don't think gives a sh*t about our opinions and i think that's a good thing that he doesn't as we are idiots and would ruin the game, more power to him.

i hope he never even reads these forums tbh haha i mean really the majority of us have no idea what's possible or not and we think our ideas are the be all and end all to every problem and solution as if the devs have no idea what they're doing when in reality they have every idea what is happening and we are just opinionated assholes!

Edited by twingunz

I personally wouldn't worry about the community swaying anything Rocket AKA Dean has in mind as i don't think gives a sh*t about our opinions and i think that's a good thing that he doesn't as we are idiots and would ruin the game, more power to him.

i hope he never even reads these forums tbh haha i mean really the majority of us have no idea what's possible or not and we think our ideas are the be all and end all to every problem and solution as if the devs have no idea what they're doing when in reality they have every idea what is happening and we are just opinionated assholes!

speak for self >:(

don't make common mistake assume all guys same like you :D

there is too much great ideas from community coming AND DEVS LOOKING HERE FOR THIS

so take negative opinionate attitude and put in ass >:(

speak for self > :(

don't make common mistake assume all guys same like you :D

there is too much great ideas from community coming AND DEVS LOOKING HERE FOR THIS

so take negative opinionate attitude and put in ass > :(

Don't misinterpret me! i agree there's a lot of good ideas put out by the community (and equally as many bad) i myself post my ideas and dislikes too but in reality most of the good ideas are also obvious idea's that im sure 95% of them the dev team has thought of already or has better alternatives anyways if i completely disagreed with community input i wouldn't be active in the forums haha

DayZ will never be a simulator because of other players and their ability to find exploits to make the game less "harsh" for them.

Here's an example; Everyone here will probably agree that using a flashlight is suicide because you can be seen from damn near halfway across the map. Anyone not using their flashlight is relatively safer, but they also can't see a damn thing!... Now consider that any player can easily exploit their gamma settings until they can see in the dark. It's the best of both worlds! Thanks to gamma exploits, the "harshness" of the darkness now becomes an asset as you no longer have any drawbacks and can now wait in safety and shoot any unsuspecting roleplaying chumps "dumb enough" to turn their flashlights on.

To me, nothing breaks immersion more than assholes exploiting game mechanics. A game, like any book or movie, does not need to be realistic to be immersive (allowing my character to live longer than half a second in a fight does not break my suspension of disbelief in the slightest!). The sad irony is that many people who come to these forums and bitch whenever someone has a constructive suggestion that makes the game "less realistic" have probably server jumped, exploited gamma, or combat logged at least once.

Edited by Madix

Both options you have put in the poll are basically like the extreme right and left wing groups in politics. Whilst the right wing views that DayZ should be a "Harsh Zombie Apocalypse Simulator" are somewhat better than the biased left wing views of the shit you have posted which is basically a collective of all the things that most of the community are against. Your poll does nothing at all to contribute to displaying the views of firstly what PvE players actually want and secondly what the overall community actually want and as such you are a bitter moron.

So let me indulge you on how to make a poll suited to Pre-Alpha development of a game!

Step 1) Come up with a topic for your poll that is related to the subject matter

Step 2) Start to form the options your poll will include, how many will you have? what will they be?

Step 3) MAKE SURE YOUR OPTIONS ARE NOT BIASED OTHERWISE YOUR POLL IS USELESSSSSSSS!!  (See the emphasis here??)

Step 4) Make sure your options for your poll apply to a large audience for maximum results e.g. the simple options yes or no for an idea?, do not make specific references in your poll unless you are referring to a specific area of development.

Step 5) Submit your poll

Disclaimer Note:  if you get "flamed" or abused for your poll then you obviously did not follow steps 1-4 properly so go back to the drawing table for next time! :)

• Like 1

please do not make from that a ducking arcade like bf3/4, wot etc. because in the beginning everyone tells - simulator over9999 then to increase buy-rate, they create arcade for dumb morons(sorry for bad words)

In the end there is no right or wrong in this debate, there are decent arguments for both sides, so the answer is likely somewhere in the middle where the most players can agree on. Things like daylight servers are a real necessity, if I guess right that the time is tight to the server's location, and therefore ping? If it is and people everywhere want to play after work, they will most likely always play at night or take severe ping hits.

DayZ will always be a survival simulator, but a simulator does not need to be the plain thing some purists want it to be, it will always be simplified. Things like hitmarkers or a HUD will likely never be implemented. Some balance tweaks or visual mechanisms, will.