Sign in to follow this  
rippertm

Combat Logger / Ghoster Exposed - DUCK YOU IF YOU DO THIS

Fuck. This is NOT the type of video I like to upload, but for the sake of DayZ, any person that combat logs and then on top of that ghosts, I will record it and upload it to my channel. Hoping the DayZ Dev team will have a fix for this soon. They mentioned they had a fix in progress, so we will see. Please watch the video and give me your feedback.

*EDIT* For the record, I apparently spoke with the combat logger who posted a comment on the video, he said in his defense he thought we were bandits killing fresh spawns. He also said that it's toxic what he did, so at the end of the day I have no hard feelings for the guy especially if he realized it, I think that's all that matters. 

Best,

Ripper X

Edited by rippertm
  • Like 6

Fuck. This is NOT the type of video I like to upload, but for the sake of DayZ, any person that combat logs and then on top of that ghosts, I will record it and upload it to my channel. Hoping the DayZ Dev team will have a fix for this soon. They mentioned they had a fix in progress, so we will see. Please watch the video and give me your feedback.

-snip-

Best,

Ripper X

Combat logging isn't cool but if you're gonna dedicate yourself to tracking down the steamid of every player that combat logs, it's not gonna leave a lot of time to actual play the game.

Why hanging out at the coast in full milgear?  Did you need flashlight batteries? :P

Yeah combat loggers/ghosters and people who camp the coast/newspawns are annoying. Granted by looking at the video, I'd give you the benefit of the doubt and guess you were just picking up your friend who was clearly unequipped.

Edited by Maia

Combat logging isn't cool but if you're gonna dedicate yourself to tracking down the steamid of every player that combat logs, it's not gonna leave a lot of time to actual play the game.

Why hanging out at the coast in full milgear?  Did you need flashlight batteries? :P

hahaha naw man, just saying I record alot, if it happens again while i'm recording i'll definitely post it. I'm not going on a spree here, just sucks when ppl take advantage.

how did you figure out who the logger was, just by looking at the profile list and noticing the same person going in and out?  BTW good job.

And to the other guys who think he may have been bambi killing I'm guessing he was picking his friend up, and there are people who still play as heroes helping the less fortunate on the coast.

in before "duck this if you do it"

edit: lorax, when you try to handcuff someone it says their name on the bottom left

Edited by SoWeMeetAgain

hahaha naw man, just saying I record alot, if it happens again while i'm recording i'll definitely post it. I'm not going on a spree here, just sucks when ppl take advantage.

It's gonna be fixed sooner or later.  The devs are finalizing the dev roadmap this month, maybe there will be a mention of fixing issues like that.

how did you figure out who the logger was, just by looking at the profile list and noticing the same person going in and out?  BTW good job.

And to the other guys who think he may have been bambi killing I'm guessing he was picking his friend up, and there are people who still play as heroes helping the less fortunate on the coast.

Yea Lorax, once you handcuff a player their name shows up on the bottom. From there we could see how many times he logged in and back out.

The only thing good about this is that they don't know how to engage in pvp when they fix this.

I wouldn't get so stressed about it. Let combat loggers and ghosters enjoy it while they can. The team is well aware of this problem (since the mod) and it won't be around long. Regardless, it is alpha so I don't see why you are so worked up about it. Great video though. cool voice morpher too. 

i dew it al dai errydai

stp with hate pls cus of jely

i x-sas wit teen-seevnti-fore yrs of xp 40killz and I KILL if i finde u toking trash bech

yolo swg beechs

(Please don't take this seriously)

in before "duck this if you do it"

edit: lorax, when you try to handcuff someone it says their name on the bottom left

called it B)

Well, of course this guy is sorry after he got caught. At least that could be the case. Most are only sorry if they get caught and called out on it, perhaps in a manner like this.

Keep doing that stuff. Combat logging is one thing. It's still annoying and going against gameplay. But if we were to compare, I think ghosting is worse. At least slightly.

But hey, it'll be somewhat fixed as soon as private hives are possible. At least, that would be one of a few possible solutions for a server.

Obivous culprit is obvious