Solopopo

Compass always wrong?

I can't even get to the compass screen even with a pristine one. Anyone else having this issue?

i noticed that some people were complaining the new compass didn't always point north. 

i forget which thread, so i thought i'd make one here to clarify that this is by design and not a bug.

next time you pick up a pack of cereal read the back of the package. 

there's actually a disclaimer from the damn cheap cereal prize company saying that it doesn't always point north. 

so; the old compass is still the best compass.

Merged.

Anyone else notice that compasses don't point the right way? Every compass I find always has north facing the east coast. What's up with that? Also, I found a map, but it only includes the south east part of the map?

After reading this thread I think that half of the people have no clue how to use a compass.   The pointer has a red end that "always points north"  If you rotate your charactor and line up the North on outside of the compass with the red pointing direction then you are looking at your compass in the right direction.   If you just look at the compass rotated the wrong direction you are looking at the outside dial North not the magnetic red pointer..............duh  

• Like 1

After reading this thread I think that half of the people have no clue how to use a compass.   The pointer has a red end that "always points north"  If you rotate your charactor and line up the North on outside of the compass with the red pointing direction then you are looking at your compass in the right direction.   If you just look at the compass rotated the wrong direction you are looking at the outside dial North not the magnetic red pointer..............duh  

No, they were reading wrong due to a bug. I could go directly from POI to the next very accurately when I first started playing and then I believe .54 made some of them bug out. They're working great again as far as I can tell now and I really like the orienteering model one they added. 

Here is a screenshot of what OP is talking about.  This is the road going south out of Staroye, yet the compass points east.8opA9hy.jpg

When I put an old pristine compass in my toolbar and press it this screen does not show has something changed whilst I've been away?