Solopopo

Compass always wrong?

Anyone else notice that compasses don't point the right way? Every compass I find always has north facing the east coast. What's up with that? Also, I found a map, but it only includes the south east part of the map?

Edited by Solopopo

Never ran into the compass bug. But they have indeed segmented the maps into only bits, so you will need a minor library to collect the entire map of Chernarus. Don't know what that is about.

Not worth risking losing all my items, haha, but thank you. 

Never ran into the compass bug. But they have indeed segmented the maps into only bits, so you will need a minor library to collect the entire map of Chernarus. Don't know what that is about. 

Hmm, I must have two of the same map sections than. 

Edited by Solopopo

Every compass I find always has north facing the east coast.

Never experienced this.

+1 never had a bad compass, of course, you don't actually need one! Sun, moon, stars, clouds; need I say more? No, didn't think so!

As to the maps, found a W map and an E map. Put them together and guess what? Yep, that's right. A complete map of Chernarus that only takes up one inventory slot. Pretty craft-y if I do say so myself.

+1 never had a bad compass, of course, you don't actually need one! Sun, moon, stars, clouds; need I say more? No, didn't think so!

As to the maps, found a W map and an E map. Put them together and guess what? Yep, that's right. A complete map of Chernarus that only takes up one inventory slot. Pretty craft-y if I do say so myself.

So much work for something that you can get to by simply minimizing the game. Good job on completing the map though. 

Anyone else notice that compasses don't point the right way? Every compass I find always has north facing the east coast. What's up with that? Also, I found a map, but it only includes the south east part of the map?

Stop picking up "Ruined" compasses.

• Like 2

Nope, cannot say I've had issues with the compass facing the wrong way. I've played Arma enough to navigate the Chernarus without the need for maps  :P

Edited by G24HAM

Stop picking up "Ruined" compasses.

All of my tested compasses are pristine, including the one I have now. 

My pristine compass sent me north but showed south tonight. Ended up in Petrovka when I was heading for Vybor.

Haven't yet seen this bug yet. I did find NE and E parts of the map but they wouldn't combine. 

Ah, didn't know you could combine them. But I've found NW, SE etc maps as well, so are you sure you just need W and E to make a complete map?

Haven't yet seen this bug yet. I did find NE and E parts of the map but they wouldn't combine. 

NE+E would be the same as just an east map.

I've noticed that compasses in DayZ SA work based on where your head is pointing. They'll change direction if you look around with Alt + mouse. Don't think I've ran into the wrong facing compass bug, however.

A ruined compass works as fine as a pristine one currently. (unless they changed anything since 113925, but I doubt it)

As to the maps: There are 9 different maps available: NE, SE, SW, NW, N, E, S, W, Complete.

Combining two small maps (NE, SE, SW, NW) gives a medium map. Combining two of those (S+N or E+W) gives the complete map.

NE+E would be the same as just an east map.

Actually, I was wrong. I have north and east that didn't combine. Had to check to be sure.

If you are in doubt as to where you are going just use the sun. If it's at your back you are heading north.

You know you can combine the map segments right? Half to half, and quarter to quarter. Just not diagonally.

I should expand on that. Opposite halves will combine, so and east and west half will combine, but not an East and North half. You can't get a 3/4 map for some reason. Likewise, you can combine a SE and NE map to create an East map, but you can't combine a SE and NW corner. Make sense?

Edited by Merrick362

I never experience this problem compass always doing great job for me ;)

I notice sun is always in wrong place but is because they don't put code for accurate sun rise/setting :thumbsup:  :)

Use the fucking sun, who needs compasses I'm like the Bear Grylls, I eat grass, drink sea water and still survive.

I am a survivor!

If you are in doubt as to where you are going just use the sun. If it's at your back you are heading north.

Incorrect. That would depend totally on the time of day. I guess you get lost a lot huh?

• Like 1