Sign in to follow this  
chunkeymonkey79

Severe FPS problems

First post in a while!

Anyway, I've been having some pretty severe FPS problems lately. Don't know if it's just optimization issues or what, but i've been averaging 30fps in the wilderness, and 15-20 in cities.

Relevant Specs:

i5-3570k @ 3.4 ghz

2x GeForce GTX 660 (sli)

8GB RAM

My friends have usually been getting around 40-50 fps with their settings on medium. I even put everything on very low and I'm still only averaging 20fps in cities. No idea why, my FPS is 60+ in all my other games.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hardly severe. Some people are fine with 15-20. But to the point. 

Have you tried changing GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=(Value Shown) the value at the end of this line to 1?

Do the same with the value at the end of GPU_MaxFramesAhead=(Value)

Windows 8.1?

Hardly severe. Some people are fine with 15-20. But to the point. 

Have you tried changing GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=(Value Shown) the value at the end of this line to 1?

Do the same with the value at the end of GPU_MaxFramesAhead=(Value)

Nope, Windows 7 x64 bit

Yeah, already tried that fix, didn't work.

Lmao, that's so weird, I have a crappier system than yours and I get 30 FPS min on cities and 70 on average on High/Mid settings on 40/40 servers.

AMD 965 Black Edition
1 EVGA GTX 660
Windows 7 x64
8GB RAM

P.S.: Re-install the graphics driver, with clean installation. That usually fixes some of GTX with DayZ's problem.

Edited by Lyganesh

Nope, Windows 7 x64 bit

Yeah, already tried that fix, didn't work.

Damn. If I find any more FPS boosting tips I'll get back to you. Also try updating your drivers and closing all CPU-hungry programs before starting the game. Also go to control panel, security, and set your battery options to boost performance but guzzle charge faster

Lmao, that's so weird, I have a crappier system than yours and I get 30 FPS min on cities and 70 on average on High/Mid settings on 40/40 servers.

AMD 965 Black Edition

1 EVGA GTX 660

Windows 7 x64

8GB RAM

Yeah, the thing was: when I first installed it ran perfectly, and the performance has degraded over time. Idk why.

My specs:

i7-4930k @ 5.1GHz (watercooled)

32GB ddr3 @ 2133MHz

r9 290x @ 1140MHz core / 6000MHz memory

Dayz/OS installed on a 240GB Corsair Force GT SSD.

Settings: 

1080p

Vsync: Off

Tex Details/Filering: Very High

Objects/Terrain/Clouds: Very High

Shadows: Low

Antialiasing: Disabled

Alpha to Coverage: Disabled

Edge Smoothing: Disabled

HDR Quality: Very Low

Ambient Occlusion: Enabled

Post Process Quality: High

Bloom: Minimum

Rotation Blur: Minimum

CFG specific Changes:

preferredObjectViewDistance=1000

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

Launch Options:

-CpuCount=6 -ExThread=11 -maxVRAM=4095 -maxMem=32768

Top out @ 45fps in the wilderness, 30ish in cities, in the 20's with weapon out running around with other people.

I Know dropping shadows to off and disabling ambient occlusion nets me another ~10 fps, but the loss in detail is simply not worth it - and the pc should be more than capable of handing the game with most of the intensive settings low/disabled.

And I realize that some people would consider that (more than) playable, but I fear for mid range pc performance as more features are implemented (player crafting, wildlife, increased Z spawns, vehicles, more loot spawns, potentially enhanced weather effects etc). These will all have negative impacts on performance. Without some serious optimizations, I'm unsure if dayz will be playable for the majority.

Edited by Stuntz