Raptor05121

Left handed weapons

For us southpaws. Because 30% of the world is left-handed meaning $7.65 million of Rocket's income came from left-handed people.

Heh.

I like the idea of being able to select the handness of your player; it would tie in nicely with a suggestion I made on another topic about adding additional injuries such as broken arms. Breaking your shooting arm would mean having to use your other arm to fire a pistol, and doing so would have quite an effect on your accuracy.

I'm not sure whether the handness of a player would complicate things for the devs in terms of animations though.

LoL Gotta love your logic...920k sold copies..30% of the worlds population are lefthanded and that totally means 30% DayZ copies were bought by lefthanded ppl :D 

LoL Gotta love your logic...920k sold copies..30% of the worlds population are lefthanded and that totally means 30% DayZ copies were bought by lefthanded ppl :D 

Theoretically it would mean just that. His logic is just fine.

''Theoretically'' yes. But if its 30% out of 7billions and you move the same numbers to 900k thats just erm. stupid.

Also he already did count what money lefthanded people made for BI. So yeah, stupid.

Edited by OntyCZE

30% left-handed?

According to Wikipedia (which is fun to quote 'cos it may or may not be accurate), 10 % of men and 8 % women is left-handed.

For us southpaws. Because 30% of the world is left-handed meaning $7.65 million of Rocket's income came from left-handed people.

why?

Well if you want hot brass on your cheek every time you shoot lefty that's fine.  Yes they do make left handed guns and conversion kits, but that's a very small minority.  Some things it won't really mater (break action shotgun), but your standard AK/AR15 will eject the brass on the right side.

Lefthanders, yeee-haw.

AFAIK, da Vinci, Vincent van gogh, genghis khan, Caesar and also Obama are left-handed.

Why not? :D

Yep, as heard rumours, IZH 43 (double-barreled shotgun) will come into game. (Though Standalone Wiki describe it as WWII era shotgun, which is nonsense, it was constructed in 1984.)

Also i hope to see in game a rare MP40. It too fit good here and uses 9mm Para ammo. I guess, for lefthanded shoot from it wouldn't be also no problem.

A better idea would be to make left handed characters at the customization screen. I shoot my weapons left handed and its not too hard. The M4 has a brass defector for this reason, the AK series of weapons are very easy to use left handed and it would help make an attachment to your character.

The suggestions being made would be implemented much later in the development. Obviously the dev's priority now is fixing the major bugs and getting the core of the game stable.