Mcleane

Do you remember the first person you met in SA?

First person I ran into was a man without pants on trying to cave my head in with a  baseball bat , this encounter set the bar very high for my expectations of player interaction.

First person I met was actually a friend of mine from a different community purely by chance. I don't even have him added on steam, we just ended up with the same spawn on the same server and recognised each other.

This was when I had a shit PC so I couldn't see anything in the pitch dark so basically we lost each other quickly and then someone kept punching me. :D

Met a guy in Elektro, neither of us had anything but axes. Later ran into the same guy in a village inland, we chatted a bit about where to find backpacks, and went our separate ways. 

some really great and funny first encounters.

Fresh spawn female just ran up to me and tried to punch me.  I ran to a shed, found a Splitting Axe and used it to split her skull.

During closed alpha testing though a Reddit mod shot me in the face.

Yes, we discussed how to get the torch working, then sadly he was killed by a Zombie. He fought valiantly, but I couldn't save him. 

Edited by Shaun of the Dead

Looting a town (cant remember which) when this guy comes running out of a building, obviously new spawn yelling out for help as a zombie came charging out after him.   I pulled out my firemans axe and layed the zombie down.

The guy had nothing so I dropped him some water, bandages and a compass.  He said he was new to DayZ and he was waiting for his friend, so I kept an eye out until his also new spawn friend showed up.  Gave him some bandages food and another compass, and for being a good bunch, I gave the first guy my spare firemans axe and the second guy a knife (hey its better than nothing right).

Then I went on with my day

It was my first char in DayZ on a lowish population server. I was wondering around the north area for hours and hours and hours without seeing a single soul.  I had sooo much gear. Eventually I wondered (not entirely intentionally) back to the south coast and ran into these two chaps.