Sign in to follow this  
MagnuZ

Logout timer

logout timer  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How long should be a possible upcoming logout timer?

• 0 [sec]
    • 10 [sec]
    • 15 [sec]
    • 20 [sec]
    • 30 [sec]
    • 30+ [sec]

Hi there,

saw a lot of discussions about logout time in several topics. So I am interested to see what is your choice.

MagnuZ

I think it shoud be 30 seconds.

Not only that but i think they should have a certain symbol over the head of the character to show they in the logout period.  This way if they are combat logging then the person hunting them can clearly see they are trying to combat log and fire upon them.  And those who randomly come accross one (not in battle) know that the person in question is not a threat to them and can peacefully move on.

I know that this system would counteract the whole realism side of things, but then again i cant remember the last time someone vanished in the middle of a pub brawl :p

• Like 1

There's no point to it. Unless a system is implemented where a server side ( AI ) version of you is forced to stay in the server for the duration, then ALT F4 beats it. Same as it was with the mod. " You are in combat ( 30, 29 28 ) People just Alt F4, Once the server stops receiving data from your client, You're gone.

• Like 2

There's no point to it. Unless a system is implemented where a server side ( AI ) version of you is forced to stay in the server for the duration, then ALT F4 beats it. Same as it was with the mod. " You are in combat ( 30, 29 28 ) People just Alt F4, Once the server stops receiving data from your client, You're gone.

Not really, all they would have to do is implement the above regardless of reason for disconnect, therefore catching Alt-F4 people and the likes.

Not necessarily plenty of mmo's keep your character in game for the duration even with you being disconnected and i'm pretty sure rocket has said on reddit they would be implementing a logout timer as a priority when he returns.

Edit: 30 seconds i think would be perfect, short enough to wait without being annoying and long enough to stop people trying to combat log.

Edited by twingunz
  • Like 2

Maybe they should implement a force logout (i dont know) with 1h "ban" for all servers and respawning in nomansland - same for Alt+F4.

I voted for 15 seconds, as that is the lowest I would accept. Anything lower is not really useful. Anything higher is an annoyance.

How about something like this.

If you want to log out of the game, you need to make camp (maybe get a sleeping bag out or something similar?) If you log out without doing this, your character stands up in plain sight for 30 seconds?

How about something like this.

If you want to log out of the game, you need to make camp (maybe get a sleeping bag out or something similar?) If you log out without doing this, your character stands up in plain sight for 30 seconds?

Sounds more realistic. But i think it needs some month before camping is possible ingame. For now they should concentrate on pure anticombat logging with a bit of balancing (timer). 

Are we talking about a timer that's always active, you click exit and have to wait however long to leave? Or a timer that activates when you enter combat (however that's judged), and when it runs out you can leave?

For the first option, 15 seconds.

For the latter, 30 seconds.

Edited by Zeet.

30 seconds rofl. 

i cant wait to alt f4 instead of waiting 30 seconds cause people need to cry and bitch

30 seconds rofl. 

i cant wait to alt f4 instead of waiting 30 seconds cause people need to cry and bitch

And I can't wait when your character remains in world for 30seconds after you Alt+ F4.

• Like 3

And I can't wait when your character remains in world for 30seconds after you Alt+ F4.

Ill be playing in servers with proper coding, once they release the admin tools. So no my body wont remain in the server.

Nice Try.........You never had it

30 seconds rofl. 

Thanks for the positive contribution. Well done.

30 seconds rofl. 

An AI will be ingame, your head will be shot to a bloody red mist. Have fun!

Ill be playing in servers with proper coding, once they release the admin tools. So no my body wont remain in the server.

Nice Try.........You never had it

I think you're a little too young and immature for this game.

I think you're a little too young and immature for this game.

Im 22 years old. Im up getting ready for work. Nice try tho kid

I just think its extremely funny that you kids need a 30 second log out timer.

Next its going to be if you get into a gun fight you enter the thunderdome and no one is allowed to leave till someone dies.

Im 22 years old. Im up getting ready for work. Nice try tho kid

I just think its extremely funny that you kids need a 30 second log out timer.

Next its going to be if you get into a gun fight you enter the thunderdome and no one is allowed to leave till someone dies.

Ok, so you're old and immature, good for you. And the logout timer is to stop people from alt f4ing or plainly exiting like you've stated before you already do the moment you see danger. These people are called pussies by the majority of the playerbase who don't combat log.

And this cancerous lazy behavior is going to be weaved out of the game, with no options to put it back in. So don't get your hopes up kid.

Those 30 seconds of your character standing idle are going to be the funnest moments a person can have in DayZ. Time to put away the guns, and take out the fists.

Edited by Zeet.
  • Like 3

I think it shoud be 30 seconds.

Not only that but i think they should have a certain symbol over the head of the character to show they in the logout period.  This way if they are combat logging then the person hunting them can clearly see they are trying to combat log and fire upon them.  And those who randomly come accross one (not in battle) know that the person in question is not a threat to them and can peacefully move on.

I know that this system would counteract the whole realism side of things, but then again i cant remember the last time someone vanished in the middle of a pub brawl :P

I agree with 30 seconds, but surely the symbol thing is a terrible idea. Waiting for the timer is NOT combat logging...

Example. You are approaching a town, after quite a long play, and want to have one final scavenge for food and ammo. Just at the edge of the town, you spot a group of armed players moving in from the other side, yet they dont see you. You then forget about looting and decide to log out. 

So what then? A massive symbol above your head sayiong "I'm logging out, please leave me alone(?!)" appears above your head for all to see, while your trying to hide in a good spot.

No offence but I think that is a bad idea..

I agree with 30 seconds, but surely the symbol thing is a terrible idea. Waiting for the timer is NOT combat logging...

Example. You are approaching a town, after quite a long play, and want to have one final scavenge for food and ammo. Just at the edge of the town, you spot a group of armed players moving in from the other side, yet they dont see you. You then forget about looting and decide to log out. 

So what then? A massive symbol above your head sayiong "I'm logging out, please leave me alone(?!)" appears above your head for all to see, while your trying to hide in a good spot.

No offence but I think that is a bad idea..

Most of the time, I see people come up behind me. Once they see I'm heavily armed. They combat log and I didn't even turn my character around to show that I saw them. This behavior is pathetic.

Ok, so you're old and immature, good for you. And the logout timer is to stop people from alt f4ing or plainly exiting like you've stated before you already do the moment you see danger. These people are called pussies.

And this cancerous lazy behavior is going to be weaved out of the game, with no options to put it back in. So don't get your hopes up kid.

Those 30 seconds of your character standing idle are going to be the funnest moments a person can have in DayZ. Time to put away the guns, and take out the fists.

in another thread you said that you combat logged rofl. enjoy combat logging for now shitty. your time is almost up. There will always be a way around logging out if they add a timer. EZ PZ

Most of the time, I see people come up behind me. Once they see I'm heavily armed. They combat log and I didn't even turn my character around to show that I saw them. This behavior is pathetic.

you're prolly one of those kids that hide in a tree the entire time and think youre really good when you get a kill every 3 hours.

Edited by Crakka

you're prolly one of those kids that hide in a tree the entire time and think youre really good when you get a kill every 3 hours.

Actually, I've killed 1 person in 40 hours to test how a fireaxe works. I'm generally friendly, and sneaky. I have better ways to spend my time than ruin other peoples fun and work they put into getting their equipment.

I would for specific circumstances. Such as a group of heavily armed assholes server hop right next to me. I'd type fuck you in chat and log. That's pretty much it.

And let me get that quote for you. Since you've gone and taken it totally out of context. Which someone of your caliber intelligence is expected to do.

Edited by Zeet.