Sign in to follow this  
Zeet.

Warning to Chernarus swimmers.

I vaulted off a dam into a little river (3-4 foot drop), the moment I hit the water, my mosin which wasn't in my hands, my pistol which was in my backpack, and my backpack automatically unequipped themselves and floated on the water. The pistol somehow came out of the backpack, without my doing.

Took me many minutes to find a way to get my items back, very painstaking. Involved eating once I glitched my items back to shore too magically reequip everything.

I posted a bug report here if you want more details.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=6393

My question is has this happened to anyone before? And is this suppose to happen?

2014-01-09_00001_zpsf1e8a312.jpg

Edited by Zeet.
  • Like 1

I thought either 2 things would happen when I jumped off. Either I would clip to the bottom and die because of alpha, inducing some good laughter. Or get a nice swim. I was surprised to say the least. If this is suppose to happen why does it happen?

Edited by Zeet.

I thought either 2 things would happen when I jumped off. Either I would clip to the bottom and die because of alpha, inducing some good laughter. Or get a nice swim. I was surprised to say the least. If this is suppose to happen why does it happen?

I know you're supposed to have a chance to drop items while in water. Not sure if the same goes for ejecting from vehicles or generally hitting the ground/water at high speed. Maybe a combination of the two made the system to loopy and have you shit out items at an increased frequency?

I know you're supposed to have a chance to drop items while in water. Not sure if the same goes for ejecting from vehicles or generally hitting the ground/water at high speed. Maybe a combination of the two made the system to loopy and have you shit out items at an increased frequency?

My first rationalization was that in a situation like D-day, many had to drop backpacks and other gear when they jumped out of the U-boats trying to dodge mg42 fire to stop themselves from sinking. But my pistol wasn't in my hand, and it came out of the backpack. I don't understand that. Lmfao. 

Edit: And when I hit the water, this happened immediately. And I couldn't pick the items back up. I had to glitch them onto land. And then eat something inside of my backpack, and that reequipped everything instantly, including my mosin?

Edited by Zeet.

Cool story, bro.

Actually though. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to be careful / kind of want to experiment myself now. I find myself diving off piers now and then for shits and gigs.

Edited by bonesnap

Yeah, I think next time I die. I'm going to get a backpack, fill it with misc items and see if this is suppose to happen.

My first rationalization was that in a situation like D-day, many had to drop backpacks and other gear when they jumped out of the U-boats trying to dodge mg42 fire to stop themselves from sinking. But my pistol wasn't in my hand, and it came out of the backpack. I don't understand that. Lmfao. 

Edit: And when I hit the water, this happened immediately. And I couldn't pick the items back up. I had to glitch them onto land. And then eat something inside of my backpack, and that reequipped everything instantly, including my mosin?

I must confess I didn't know about backpacks floating off.

But I assume which item you lose is determined by a random number which corresponds to an item slot, which then in turn is selected in the backpack. And since the pistol takes up four, it's more likely to be chosen.

No clue why the rifle flew off though.

I must confess I didn't know about backpacks floating off.

But I assume which item you lose is determined by a random number which corresponds to an item slot, which then in turn is selected in the backpack. And since the pistol takes up four, it's more likely to be chosen.

No clue why the rifle flew off though.

I had 2 floating pistol clips that I didn't manage to capture in the screenshot. They also flew out of my raincoat and pants. :S

And then still, everything reequipped when I ate rice from my backpack.

Edited by Zeet.

I had 2 floating pistol clips that I didn't manage to capture in the screenshot. They also flew out of the backpack. :S

Perhaps your guy was hydrophobic? Attempted to make a small panicked island from all his shit as soon as he hit the water.

Perhaps your guy was hydrophobic? Attempted to make a small panicked island from all his shit as soon as he hit the water.

Then spends 30 minutes clipping the island made out of items to the shore, so I can eat rice and magically get everything back. Lmfao.

Now i am off to see if this happens lets find the nearest bridge and go for a dive to see what happens....

If a feature it could be an interesting one oh have to ask was there any damage done from this drop (you or the gear you lost ??)

Now i am off to see if this happens lets find the nearest bridge and go for a dive to see what happens....

If a feature it could be an interesting one oh have to ask was there any damage done from this drop (you or the gear you lost ??)

Nope, no damage at all. I'm still using the exact same mosin, pistol, pants, and backpack.

Edit: And I luckily didn't lose any gear permanently. I was able to get every item back.

Edited by Zeet.

Nope, no damage at all. I'm still using the exact same mosin, pistol, pants, and backpack.

Edit: And I luckily didn't lose any gear permanently. I was able to get every item back.

Ah yes you got everything back as you had the time to do it?? what if someone was shooting at you and thats why you jumped into the water?

Thats why i think if it was a feature ( maybe one that hadnt worked quite right in the alpha dont know YET) it could be interesting the whole risk reward thing eg jumping saved you from getting shot but you had to leave behind what accidentally feel out in the water in your escape plan  catch where i am heading in my usually crazed thinking LOL

If that was there intent all i can say is i tip my hat rocket deep thinking ( again it may have just been a bug i hope not lol )

Edited by SoulFirez

Ah yes you got everything back as you had the time to do it?? what if someone was shooting at you and thats why you jumped into the water?

Thats why i think if it was a feature ( maybe one that hadnt worked quite right in the alpha dont know YET) it could be interesting the whole risk reward thing eg jumping saved you from getting shot but you had to leave behind what accidentally feel out in the water in your escape plan  ctach where i am heading in my usually crazed thinking LOL

If that was there intent all i can say is i tip my hat rocket deep thinking ( again it may have just been a bug i hope not lol )

I think if you jump in the water while being chased you'll probably end up dead based on how fast you can swim. And if this is suppose to happen, the way I got my stuff back isn't suppose to happen.

really a Bug

happened to me and it was not until I returned to the bank that my stuff reappeared in character

really a Bug

happened to me and it was not until I returned to the bank that my stuff reappeared in character

Should be some type of visual bug then. :S

yup its a little bug happend to me too. I was so panic..  and then my inventory magical was there again

yup its a little bug happend to me too. I was so panic..  and then my inventory magical was there again

Ok good! I'm glad people can get their inventory back. I posted this because I was worried about if other players experienced this and couldn't get their inventory back. Happy its not that serious.