Sign in to follow this  
Zedicologist

The prison.

So most of you might know if you have watched any interviews or Dev blogs, they are adding a huge prison to Chernaurus.  There was talk about having it on one of the islands somewhere.  But in an interview they said they have pretty much scrapped that idea.

So if not on an island where?  

Im guessing it will be in the north somewhere.  Anyone have any facts or speculations?

Edited by Zedicologist

I would think near NEAF, IDK DayZ Aftermath had their Prison there.

I'm guessing police/riot gear. It could either be a good place to build a base, or be crawling with zeds. Or both.

Probably up north somewhere.  A lot of the buildings and towns haven't been 'added', but it obvious that they're going to be up there.  That or they would have to edit an existing town and put it in.  Though with the military camp at Stary Sobor gone they have some room to play with in that town alone.  Though it would make more sense for a large prison to be near a large town unless its a 'brand new' prison.

Do you know if they scrapped the idea of the prison itself or just the idea of putting it on an island?

Edited by BigMike

Wasn't the prison supposed to be off the south-east coast on the mod island, Utes? Shame they scrapped it. I like the idea of a prison on an island!

Edited by I Feel Thirsty

Wasn't the prison supposed to be off the south-east coast on the mod island, Utes? Shame they scrapped it. I like the idea of a prison on an island!

Yeah me too. Just like Alcatraz.

Probably up north somewhere.  A lot of the buildings and towns haven't been 'added', but it obvious that they're going to be up there.  That or they would have to edit an existing town and put it in.  Though with the military camp at Stary Sobor gone they have some room to play with in that town alone.  Though it would make more sense for a large prison to be near a large town unless its a 'brand new' prison.

Do you know if they scrapped the idea of the prison itself or just the idea of putting it on an island?

I saw that video too i don't think it was a devblog one, i think it was a 20 min gameplay but no they're not scrapping the island as far as i could tell he just basically said they put it on the island but it looked forced and didn't fit in so they decided to move it off of the island

They could 'convert' one of the castles or add another to act as the prison, sort of like Colditz.  There's a lot of farm land as well and where they place it would really depend on what type of prison it'll be (modern, semi modern, still active gulag, ect).  Then again there's always...Green Mountain.  *lighting and thunder* Or rather under Green Mountain.

I like the idea of Alcatraz and such, but isn't the map based on a real place (Chernarus) ? If so, they'd need to add the prison in the place it stands in real life, don't they? I mean, I guess...

I like the idea of Alcatraz and such, but isn't the map based on a real place (Chernarus) ? If so, they'd need to add the prison in the place it stands in real life, don't they? I mean, I guess...

The Vid i watched said they were using i think a model of a Ukrainian style prison to keep its authenticity.  So to answer your question. yes.  And it will be.   

Well the basically took the topographical map from somewhere in the Czech republic (actually half of a map, the coastline of Chernarus is actually a river on the real life counterpart.  FOUND IT! https://maps.google.de/?ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=50.678785,14.15657&spn=0.024121,0.054202&z=15)  They did take a lot of the town layouts and such from the real life maps (the Dev team went on a roadtrip to 'real' Chernarus and got a lot of detail inspiration).  But it's not an exact copy and paste sort of thing (when they develop that technology, please make a DayZ Oahu map, I want to practice for...unrelated events).

• Like 2

i cant wait for  prison it will make the best stronghold to set up in and i am sure it will be far north in the plains somewhere secluded far from towns or villages and hopefully swarming with zombies  

They'll have somewhere in the corner of the map, far away from players. It might be the end game sort of place

surely center of the map would be best ?

think about prisons most are out of town away from towns also putting it central makes it easier for all players to get to. or central to spawn locations. im just hoping the prison is like the walking dead and by the way i say that i mean epic !

The new NWAF.

I made a prediction of it being the new town up center north a while back, the roads and layout support this.. I was hoping the north would have a refugee camp of sorts, with a sewer system running the length of the map.

Anyone who played on Utes will realise there was not much there so if still included this is going to need something substantial. And considering the spawn requirements of the game, it will affect gameplay and that bubble thing.

Well the basically took the topographical map from somewhere in the Czech republic (actually half of a map, the coastline of Chernarus is actually a river on the real life counterpart.  FOUND IT! https://maps.google.de/?ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=50.678785,14.15657&spn=0.024121,0.054202&z=15)  They did take a lot of the town layouts and such from the real life maps (the Dev team went on a roadtrip to 'real' Chernarus and got a lot of detail inspiration).  But it's not an exact copy and paste sort of thing (when they develop that technology, please make a DayZ Oahu map, I want to practice for...unrelated events).

Good find. Really cool to see the real Stary, Novy, Berezhino and the landscape around it. There is even the football field in Berezhino.