Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Depth

Does anyone have a problem with the zoom view?

Just wondering since a lot of people on here do not like 3rd person perspective since it isn't realistic and what not.

Should the zoom feature be restricted to using binoculars once those are implemented into the game?

Yeah I have a huge problem with it. 

Players should only have zoom features when using scopes or binoculars. 

You can get a ridiculous hawkeye when you lower your FOV and zoom in. It has no place in this game. 

hmm interesting. I use it often although it's so so ,,,ever so  painfully slow compared to arma 3.

Although I see the concern I would relate it to focusing in on a subject IRL, kind of like tunnel vision. If you see a friend in real life far away across a field your eyes focus on that point even though technically your field of view does not change, but you are focusing in. Maybe it could be lessened a bit.

The majority of people don't like 3rd person not because they think it is unrealistic (which of course it is) but rather because of the ridiculous advantage it gives. They don't like the cheese. While the realism behind the zoom feature can be debated, there isn't any unfair advantages associated with it like you're insinuating by comparing it to 3rd person view.

It's meant to represent focusing with human eyes seeing on a monitor you can't truly represent focus as there is no depth on a monitor and the normal focus or blur you get in games is not how human eyes work i think its a nice middle ground

• Like 1

It's meant to represent focusing with human eyes seeing on a monitor you can't truly represent focus as there is no depth on a monitor and the normal focus or blur you get in games is not how human eyes work i think its a nice middle ground

thats the problem there seems to be alot of mis information about what it represents.

Unlike tpv the zoom does represent something in real life.

The zoom is ment to fix the sheer limitations of game resolution that is nowhere near as high as what your actual eye sees.

• Like 3

Doesn't really matter what it is intended for... 

If I can have a more magnified view of a player because of lower FOV and right clicking then clearly I'm going to be able to spot him better if he isn't using optics + my settings. I can set up on a hill and use the best settings for hawkeye vision and then he is at a disadvantage. 

Poorly thought out feature like third person. We can safely assume that if they made a mistake like third person then surely they can have made another one. 

I don't know of any quality online FPS games that feature this hawkeye vision. 

Doesn't really matter what it is intended for... 

If I can have a more magnified view of a player because of lower FOV and right clicking then clearly I'm going to be able to spot him better if he isn't using optics + my settings. I can set up on a hill and use the best settings for hawkeye vision and then he is at a disadvantage. 

Poorly thought out feature like third person. We can safely assume that if they made a mistake like third person then surely they can have made another one. 

I don't know of any quality online FPS games that feature this hawkeye vision. 

Reason you don't know of any fps with this is because none of those fps are mil sims or are based off mil sim and more importantly none of those games need to simulate looking out at 1000s of meters.

Problem with the FOV is that depending on what the fov is objects are rendered out further.

Lower FOV = objects render much further.

This is a bug not a feature, objects should render at the same distance for everyone regardless of FOV or zoom settings.