Sign in to follow this  
Brimstone99

MEDIC! Looting question :)

I am trying to gear up my character to maybe not kill everything in site.  I have some 

• epi pens
  • painkillers
  • syringe
  • antibiotics (tetra, and bottle)
  • 3 condoms (blood bags look like condoms)
  • vitamins
  • food
  • water
  • disinfect spray
  • bandages
  • and a defibrillator

What (i think) I need to find is starter kits, blood test kits (? blood type) and handcuffs.  Any idea how I can find these?  People seem to server hop A TON.  every hospital and garage seems to be looted on the coast.  Any suggestion on towns or better ways to find supplies?

Edited by Brimstone99
  • Like 1

I am trying to gear up my character to maybe not kill everything in site.  I have some 

• epi pens
  • painkillers
  • syringe
  • antibiotics (tetra, and bottle)
  • 3 condoms (blood bags look like condoms)
  • vitamins
  • food
  • water
  • disinfect spray
  • bandages
  • and a defibrillator

What (i think) I need to find is starter kits, blood test kits (? blood type) and handcuffs.  Any idea how I can find these?  People seem to server hop A TON.  every hospital and garage seems to be looted on the coast.  Any suggestion on towns or better ways to find supplies?

Try low pop servers and servers with "Restarts every X hours" in their description.

There is a Chernarus Map project detailing prime loot spots for Medical and general supplies. 

I found two sets of handcuffs in Zelenogorsk the storage units(there are two sets of them), and scored a morphine in one of the buildings. Might try there. :)

Edited by LuckyKoi

right well im a doctor for the friendly servers i recommend using these while you loot for meds as people never bother on these servers and cherno is your best bet as there about 7 hospitals 4 to 5 in the flats around town and 2 main ones in town im sure you can find a map online to guide you if your not sure where to find them.MAIN thing you need at all times are antibiotics these are alcohol or pills the bottle is useless till further updates.

Secondly blood test is always good to use on your self but every time you die it resets your blood type (plus at this moment in the game blood transfusions are more likely to kill you then help at all) so blood bags are waste of room now Iv starter packs and saline isatopes can be combined to make a saline kit which can be only used on other people from what i gathered so far but they reset your blood lvl to full amount(not necessary as vitamins and food/water do the exact same) but i highly recommend saline packs for emergencies (screen black and white) but make sure you have a friend in  case your the injured as only he can help you. defib is useless as a saline pack or epherine(only if head injury) shot  will bring people back from unconsciousness and i tested defibs on recently dead doesn't work(i am hopeful it will work soon as i would love to bring back those poor people who die from raiders)  so defibs are a room waster unless u enjoy luging around 20 pounds of electrical gear. main things you want ill make you a list.

Edited by Master V

alcohol+antibiotic pills

bandages(not rags)

carbon pills(for if you have consumed dirty food and drink i believe)

painkillers are always handy

epherine injections

WATER PURIFICATION TABLETS is the most important

disinfect spray (is your key to survival as everything u pick up is riddled with filth)

saline bags (the full kit if you can find or make them)

anything more is optional:

morphine

syringe

blood test

iv starter packs

blood bags (only if you have a suitable donor)

anything more is either useless at the moment or just not needed when it comes to meds and all of these items are found in hospitals or doctors houses located in every town

I found the saline iv pristine!  Also got a FA kit and some water tabs.  Also found a blood test kit!  O+ at the moment.  

While trying to figure this out some noob-a-saurus  blasted me in the head with a bat.  Returned fire, passed out for a while!  Woke up, he's on the ground bleeding.  Cause of death, the next 25 bullets to enter his body.

I'm out of space, might toss the defib, 1 syringe, bottle of brown stuff 

What do the water tabs do?

Edited by Brimstone99

What do the water tabs do?

If you fill your canteen/bottles from ponds or lakes, use water purification tabs on the container, othewise there is a big chance you'll get sick if you drink from it.

Try the Berezino Hospital in the city of Berezino on the northeast part of Chernarus. Not that many people come here so usually there's still good loot there

Edited by SurvivorX

morphine optional? Well tell me what happens when you fall off a ladder :D

and good luck using that saline without that optional iv kit we will just beat it into your arm until it get absorbed

Edited by Ynneead

You get back up again, die, fall through the world or break leg sang crawl around looking for sticks to make a splint

I wish there was clothing with red cross on it so those who want to play as medics aren't shot on sight.

I wish there was clothing with red cross on it so those who want to play as medics aren't shot on sight.

I'd take these and kill everyone >:(

I'd take these and kill everyone > :(

lol you would be in medic clothes, in a fire fight with other people in medic clothes lol