Alpha Cowboy

The starting "kit" bothers me.

My backstory, while on vacation in some random country, the zombie apocalypse began. While in a military cargo plane on our way back to North America, someone on the flight becomes infected and starts going crazy, then more and more until the whole plane is madness. Rather than wait my turn to be eaten by these monsters, I grab a parachute and jump. Landing near the shoreline of Chernarus or maybe inland a little ways.

Flashlight is there for gameplay purposes. People bitch enough when it's dark, imagine if they had no light

source.

No starting gear please.

Edited by bad_mojo
  • Like 1

Current starting inventory = A flashlight, pristine clothing, and lots of stupidity.

Its almost like its a video game and the focus is on authenticity based design to make the game fun.

Starting with no flashlight is a terrible idea, just because you like to crank the gamma and brightness at night doesn't mean everyone else does.

As far as the novy spawn, you've go to remember they're working with Bohemia now, and Bohemia decided to abandon any pretense of plausibility with the development and 'release' of Arma3. 

So it doesn't matter whether or not its plausible that a shipwreck survivor would find himself in Novy Sobor. 

I'm not really clear why you character wears a T shirt over an undershirt

Nipples are offensive. 

sarcasm 

​Flashlight makes sense for what others stated (no point repeating) what i'd like is your clothes to be ruined as well to encourage you to change clothes to the 1st thing you find instead of just waiting on them 6 slot pants and 4 slot top with no incentive (other than vanity) to change your starter clothes, that way it'd force people out of there all green starting clothes for a white tee or striped tee.

Before I start I am NOT advocating for starting kits like we've seen on many private hives where you start with a full military kit ready to go to war.

However I think the starting kit needs some tweaks. While I understand starting with just a flashlight (because the only real thing to do in game is collect loot) it makes very little sense from a lore/immersion standpoint. Look at the game world, it looks like its been months since the outbreak, no one would have survived to this point with just a flashlight.

What I would suggest would be keeping the flashlight but adding wear to it and reducing the batteries charge, and adding a knife, a water bottle or can of soda, a box of matches, and possibly a partially eaten can of beans, all with wear and/or a low amount remaining.

The would be much closer to what at minimum would be required to have survived to this point without affecting the game to any noticeable extent.

NO

(i will keep posting this until people wake up and stop posting stupid things)

Who cares about the story, I just remember there being a thing on the original mod site early 2012 which said "You've woken ashore on a foreign country and you...."

If the website still had the thing I'd show you but yeh. The thing about the novy sobor spawn is it's a bug you spawn there. And I don't think you can spawn there anyway with last update. I dunno this for sure though...

In regards to the gear you spawn with. I don't think it'd matter if you spawned with a flashlight or not cause who actually uses it. I just turn up my gamma and brightness if it's too dark but most of the time I don't bother cause the game isn't all that dark.

If anything it'd make more sense to start wth a backpack or something like that cause if it is a few months into the apocalypse who wouldn't have one but make the backpack ruined or useless

Edited by Flagella

The one break to this being the Novy Sobor spawn.

In that case, it was an airship. It could happen!

Current starting inventory = A flashlight, pristine clothing, and lots of stupidity.

LOL! And everyone wants to make the flashlight and clothing optional. Priceless!

They should make it so you can hit people with the flashlight.

Don't you guys know the real Dayz story?

After the virus spread, the Predators picked up the world's most 1337 players from around a part of the Eastern Bloc and put their consciousness into real bodies. They then drop some crappy tinned food, a bunch of rotten fruit and guns that aren't 100% accurate to make them all really annoyed and angry. They watch, and laugh. 

Don't you guys know the real Dayz story?

After the virus spread, the Predators picked up the world's most 1337 players from around a part of the Eastern Bloc and put their consciousness into real bodies. They then drop some crappy tinned food, a bunch of rotten fruit and guns that aren't 100% accurate to make them all really annoyed and angry. They watch, and laugh.

You forgot the cloning facilities.