deebz1234

Females in DayZ (IRL)

So tell me, how do you get your better halves in to DayZ?

Any tips?

Id love the wife to play DayZ, but i just see that as an impossible task haha!

Share your experiences either playing too much DayZ and getting in shite for it, or getting the other half addicted to it.

I can't imagine how crap it would be to play DayZ without any FPS experience. Start off with something simple. like Minecraft or Half-Life 1. Get used to the keyboard and mouse.   

Then get her to watch the Walking Dead.

Hint at trying DayZ in a month or two after she's picked up on the handling. 

That's even if she buys into it. Wouldn't you have to buy another PC for the real experience of playing together? 

They are likely playing to spend time with you or make you happy. One word: Reciprocation. 

Do something with her that she enjoys doing on her spare time. Then she will be more open to playing a video game with you. 

• Like 2

tell them is sims 3D ;)

• Like 1

My g/f is very understanding, but only so...Shes into playing Mario and other classic games on the arcade cabinet Im building, but thats about it. 

• Like 1

DayZ is a bit heavy to throw a girlfriend/wife into, could cause some mild problems specially if she dies in the game and you have legged it to cover, Not speaking from personal experience, I would start with what the game industry calls Gateway Games, Things like mild FPS games like as mentioned Half-Life,Counter-Strike (for basic tactical gameplay) and then all the other cookie cutter fps games you can find for the PC.

tell them is sims 3D ;)

KoS FTW! :thumbsup: :beans: :thumbsup: :beans:

Mine has and plays Dayz :), she did the mod too :)

But then she more of a gamer than i am tbh as i prefer the pub and football lol

l4d2 combined with the sims, that's all you need to say i'm sure shes played L4D yeah? most girls i know that play dem video games love the L4D if not get her to play that first i guess haha

Edit: oh and clothing customization bitches love the clothing customization haha

Edited by twingunz

So tell me, how do you get your better halves in to DayZ?

Any tips?

Id love the wife to play DayZ, but i just see that as an impossible task haha!

Share your experiences either playing too much DayZ and getting in shite for it, or getting the other half addicted to it.

It depends on what type of gamer your g/b/f/spouse is.  If they like FPS, Zombies, survival and Roguelikes they will probably like DayZ.  If they're more of a casual gamer then...probably not.

Induce delirium by way of rotten kiwi, proceed to force game.

Edited by Mookzen
  • Like 1

My Gf actually likes to watch me play this and she's like the bandit from hell, keeps shouting things like "shoot him, and don't shout that friendly-shit", also keeps asking wheter we can still cannibalice corpses. :P  Gotta love her.

Too bad we have only one good computer so I would need to buy new powerfull laptop or something for her to play, and she's played too much console games to be able to use mouse and keyboard effeciently what is needed in fps-games.