Sign in to follow this  
Zedicologist

Cooking Food?

So im wondering want the incentive to having cooked food will be over your normal can of beans in the future.  With the complex health, food, and thirst mechanics they could do so many things with it.  Im sure you will be able to cook various types of meals combining ingredients and what not.  I dont think that is confirmed but im sure it will be in game.  

But what im wondering will it fill fill you up faster?  

Make it easier to achieve HEALTHY STATUS.

They could even make it where eating a hot meal will help with your body tempature once the tempature mechanic gets added in.

With all these complex mechanics the possibilities are endless with what they can do and more than likely will do.

With all this stuff and with the medical systems, it adds a level of depth not seen in any other game out there, that i know of anyway.  And i love it. XD

Anyways If any of you have some info on any of these topics feel free to post.  I know how hard any LEGIT DayZ info is to come by lol

Cheers.

Cooking is confirmed.

How advanced we do not know, but it will involve hunting.

Huntin and also they are adding enviromental resources that you will be able to collect.  The resources are not known yet but im sure some stuff will be edible.

Hunting/cooking gets rid of the need to scavenge cities for food, and most likely cooked food will be more healthy for you.

Hopefully you can cook canned food too which gives more bonus maybe? Rice etc

But what im wondering will it fill fill you up faster?  

Make it easier to achieve HEALTHY STATUS.

Raw meat takes a longer time to be digested, so I guess that eating a steak would kill your hunger faster or something like that.

You won't have to go into cities if you don't want to.

I've also posted this before, but here are some (unconfirmed) values to compare different foods:

aAdmCXW.png

• Like 1

Zollicoffer, where did you get this list about the food? Is it trustable or you wouldn't recommend me to use it?

Zollicoffer, where did you get this list about the food? Is it trustable or you wouldn't recommend me to use it?

I wouldn't put alot of faith in that list.  I already see issues such as the calorie listing for canteen/water bottle....  Medina(sp) has some great videos on YouTube about the real value of the foods he has confirmed so far.  The est of that list above (the cooked stuff) can't be confirmed until they're patched in anyways, so there's little point speculating until we see what they have when it's put in game.

Edited by Phantasm

I imagine cooked food will be more nutritious than canned or raw.

Now we just need Ramen noodles that stack to 5 in the backpack.

Maybe Tapatio hot sauce.