Sign in to follow this  
Dchil

12 gauge Shotgun. What happened to it?

I have seen the wiki talking about the shotgun which is supposed to be in the game and spawning in barns. I have seen  the picture of all the things already in the game files, which includes a shotgun and it's sawn off cousin. I think i have seen the shotgun in some videos of earlier in the Alpha but i have never seen one in game. I have heard that it isn't in yet and i've also read things which make it sound like it was in the game but something broke and they removed it.

So, what happened to it? Does anyone have any photos except for that render of a "Hunting rifle" that was floated around the forums before SA went public? Anyone know when it will be in (readded?) and if it was taken out then for what reason?

The shotgun was a terrible racist, and it didn't reflect well on Rocket and Co. so it had to be removed and it will be replaced soon by a more politically correct model.

Edited by Hefeweizen
  • Like 2

They havnt it got it working properly yet.  Im sure they put it off to the side until they fixed the more pressing issues at hand.  It will be in the game but you just have to give it time for all these features and be patient 

They havnt it got it working properly yet.  Im sure they put it off to the side until they fixed the more pressing issues at hand.  It will be in the game but you just have to give it time for all these features and be patient 

What could go wrong with it? Pellet distribution upon firing? Animations? Damage?

I heard a story of a single lone Bambi went north with the last shotgun and never returned...Who knows though it could just be too early in the game for more guns maybe.? >.<

Yeah if thats the case of it than shotgun ammo types should not EVEN be spawning in game yet.

I think the shotgun is not very necessary

it may not be necessary, but in a world full of farms and different types of rural areas its gonna be hard to explain why you cant find a shotgun or why they haven't decided to put it in the game, its going to be implemented at one point or another and I'm happy it will be.

I think the shotgun is not very necessary

As a primary rifle-size weapon, it's probably not going to be used by anyone for longer than needed.

However, as a sawn-off shotgun, it can be an excellent close-up side arm.

I envision people picking up the shotgun as a primary weapon when they're freshly spawned, and later sawing off the barrel and stock once they find something more appropriate for their rifle slot.

• Like 1

As a primary rifle-size weapon, it's probably not going to be used by anyone for longer than needed.

However, as a sawn-off shotgun, it can be an excellent close-up side arm.

I envision people picking up the shotgun as a primary weapon when they're freshly spawned, and later sawing off the barrel and stock once they find something more appropriate for their rifle slot.

I would use the shotgun as a primary weapon against players. Although, I like to RP a little bit and my character isn't good with rifles hence the noob cannon. Makes it a little more challenge for me!