Sign in to follow this  
Synnx

Should I buy Arma II & Arrowhead?

I bought DayZ Standalone and I really like it apart from there only being 4 guns and kind of hard to find, I was wondering should I buy Arma II and Arrowhead so I can mess around with Nightvision and other things that arent in the SA yet. I really just want to find a sniper and a ghillie suit and stuff, just wanted to know if its worth buying now or if I should just wait till SA is up to that stage.

Thanks guys.

EDIT: I watch FrankieIN1080PonPC and he tends to find DMRs at every location he goes too, thats all I want. is that possible? thanks again (:

Edited by Synnx
  • Like 1

Should you buy it? Yes!

Just for the mod and only to spend very few hours? Hmmm.

I asked myself the same question and ended up spending 1,500 hours in OA and thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. It's well worth it not only from the DayZ point of view.

Mess around in the editor, get your own missions done.

Fly around in helicopters using the Armory (if you fail you respawn. :) )

There's loads of things to do outside the DayZ mod - if it's on sale again around 10€, then don't hesitate trying it out. :)

• Like 2

Should you buy it? Yes!

Just for the mod and only to spend very few hours? Hmmm.

I asked myself the same question and ended up spending 1,500 hours in OA and thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. It's well worth it not only from the DayZ point of view.

Mess around in the editor, get your own missions done.

Fly around in helicopters using the Armory (if you fail you respawn. :) )

There's loads of things to do outside the DayZ mod - if it's on sale again around 10€, then don't hesitate trying it out. :)

I dont think it will go on sale again sadly, it will cost me 24 euros for them both I think.

I bought DayZ Standalone and I really like it apart from there only being 4 guns and kind of hard to find, I was wondering should I buy Arma II and Arrowhead so I can mess around with Nightvision and other things that arent in the SA yet. I really just want to find a sniper and a ghillie suit and stuff, just wanted to know if its worth buying now or if I should just wait till SA is up to that stage.

It´s worth every $$$.

If someone in the mod guides you, then yes.

If not... be ready for a difficult learning curve.

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 1

It´s worth every $$$.

If someone in the mod guides you, then yes.

If not... be ready for a difficult learning curve.

Ill buy it right now, thanks NoCheats.

• Like 1

Wait, buy the compele edition... you get better graphics... :P

How is it better graphics? o.O

Edited by Synnx

moment... I search pics...

Only example...

hero costume... bad textures...

hero nice textures...

many outfits, some cars, weapons etc use textures from the DLC´s...

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 1

moment... I search pics...

How big is the download for all of this and the DayZ mod? Only got 16GB left on my SSD, will have to install them all on my hard drive.

moment... :P

27,5 GB >:(

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 1

moment... :P

Okay and will I be able to find snipers and ghillie suits easily? Or will I have to hunt for hours and hours through the forests? Ive never explored the forests yet on DayZ SA I always follow the road to cherno incase I get lost.

When you know the game you should have a sniper in 1 h.

When you play on the same server you need 10 min ... (tent, base etc)

• Like 1

When you know the game you should have a sniper in 1 h.

When you play on the same server you need 10 min ... (tent, base etc)

Okay I bought it, thanks NoCheats.

• Like 1

Okay and will I be able to find snipers and ghillie suits easily? Or will I have to hunt for hours and hours through the forests? Ive never explored the forests yet on DayZ SA I always follow the road to cherno incase I get lost.

Since you've already bought it, install it and play it for a few days without coming here or looking on the internet for help (beyond the basic "what button do I press to do that" kind of thing).  The first week or so with the mod was extremely fun.  I'm not kidding when I tell you I probably didn't get a "military" type weapon for three weeks.  I didn't know the map, I didn't know where I was going, I didn't know military weapons even existed in the game... I didn't know anything about it and it was AWESOME.

Get yourself an axe, matches, a hunting knife, a can of beans for the road, a water bottle, and some basic medical supplies... then head into the wilderness for awhile.  Raid the smaller towns and avoid the population centers.  The game is really a unique experience if you avoid others.  It makes those encounters and tense moments of confrontation all the better.  If you want to play with a  sniper rifle there's plenty of opportunity to do that in ArmA 2 proper and you don't have to worry if it's going to take you ten minutes or ten hours to find one because you'll just spawn with one.

Truthfully, I'd still play the mod if I could go back to that "fresh spawn" feeling before the deathmatch got truly out of hand!

Edited by Soupee
  • Like 3

Yes buy them lol, and not just for dayz mod. The editor will give you hours and hours of fun. Also you can share the missions you make with your friends in seconds, without them having to download a thing. 

As far as getting it for dayz mod. Id say yes, the SA wont have as many features as the mod for quite some time. So you could use the mod to get used to the map, and gameplay of the engine. Plus if its a year till beta, then thats a years worth of fun form Dayz mod :)

• Like 1

The reason he said for you to buy the complete edition is because it comes with all the DLC which includes all the meshes and textures needed for it to look nice. If you don't it will just load "Lie" version of the original textures/meshes.

• Like 1

Bought the game and downloaded them all, im having trouble joining servers though, could you guys help me out please?

This is for DayZ Mod, thanks.

Some servers wont let me join cause im on version 162, and the required version is 162.103718, and the ones that I can will reject me telling me to change some files in my directory? some give me an error saying "bad version, server rejected connection" any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edited by Synnx

What error/message do you get when joining?

Did you connect trough Dayz commander or Arma 2?

• Like 1

wait for the SA, the mod is a ton of work to set up, and might have alot of items in it but its not as fluid as the SA

Overall I'd wait til later this year when the alpha has progressed further

What error/message do you get when joining?

Did you connect trough Dayz commander or Arma 2?

I connected through Arma 2 DayZ Mod, ive already played a little of Arma II when I was waiting for the DLCs to download, Im trying to play Arma II DayZ Mod.

Edited by Synnx

When I open DayZ Mod something pops up saying "Addon 'dayz_anim''''' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'" if thats any help,

My advice....download DayZ Commander.

Its great, what it does is let you check that everything you need to play is in place, then gives you a server browser with loooooads of options.

1. Download and install DayZ Commander

2. Go to installl/update tab

3. first make sure the beta is up to date

4. then make sure dayz is up to date (or install a veriation like epoch or overwatch)

5. set up server filters and pick one 

6. enjoy :)

Also be sure to start arma 2 and OA on there own before trying to run dayz....that sets up some required player files and stuff. 6 launcher is another alternative to commander. Commander is just the one i prefer :)

Edited by Karmaterror
  • Like 1

My advice....download DayZ Commander.

Its great, what it does is let you check that everything you need to play is in place, then gives you a server browser with loooooads of options.

1. Download and install DayZ Commander

2. Go to installl/update tab

3. first make sure the beta is up to date

4. then make sure dayz is up to date (or install a veriation like epoch or overwatch)

5. set up server filters and pick one 

6. enjoy :)

Also be sure to start arma 2 and OA on there own before trying to run dayz....that sets up some required player files and stuff. 6 launcher is another alternative to commander. Commander is just the one i prefer :)

Can I download DayZ Commander on steam? I cant find it.