ChristmasLunch

Thinking of being helpful? Don't...

I see both points.

1.) the bambi could suckpunch him, knock him out, and take his stuff + pistol

2.) why engage in conversation if you're going to kill someone?

I see both sides. I've seen plenty of youtube videos of guys getting shot when all they were doing is being friendly and trying to help.

The more stuff I gather, the more I dont trust people. I think thats the game motto. I recently had a player pretty stocked up minus a gun (he had an axe) beg me to heal him. I thought "this guy has plenty of stuff- he doesn't at the most basic level have a tshirt?" And how much of a problem are zombies to a stacked player? None of it added up, so I killed him. It seemed like a trick- as I'm healing him, he can arm his axe and chop me. Why take the risk? I dont know this player. Better safe than sorry. He's not one of the players I group with.  I do think farming is a lot of the fun of this game, but lots of people you cant trust in this game. I dont mind dying from a wicked gun battle, but me dying from me being stupid- ehhh, no thanks. I'll err on the side of extreme caution. If you dont know how to tear your shirt into rags at this point, why am I going to sacrifice a 2 hour farm to risk it all to heal you? He might have a gun, afterall.

• Like 1

Hi Christmas Lunch, I'm sorry to say there are plenty of players out there just like that.  However, there are many others who are far more sporting and honourable in the way they play.  Be careful but don't let them get you down.  If you ever see me on a server say hi, I don't kill other players and am happy to lend a hand to anyone who needs help. :thumbsup:

Hi Sula,

How would I know it was you? :P

Do you know if the devs are bringing back the feature from the mod that allowed you to see the players name if you had the crosshair aimed at them?

Thanks for the offer, though :3

*Will quote and respond to other comments when I get home*

• Like 1

You would know it was me because I always use this name and because of the way I would play.  I would never approach you, so if someone does under my name, then it isn't me. :thumbsup:

I really don't know of any planned developments, sorry. 

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

Actually, I'm totally confused right now.

Yesterday I ran all the way from Berezino to Elektro on a full server. Met a total of at least 8 players. 4 fresh spawns, 4 armed players. I ran right in the middle of the road, no cover or anything; I was fully equipped (clothing,tactical vest,mountain bp, mosin with pristine PU, fire axe, magnum). So yep, I was expecting to be killed or robbed around halfway there probably :D

So. Let's go deeper into details. Logged in on a top floor of a berezino construction yard. First contact right away with the guy that was sitting on a crane nearby in a full military gear (absolutely having the upper hand on me). Short chat, and I went out of there, looted 2 pubs and ran to the coast. There I met consecutively 2 fresh spawns with the interval of like 5-10 minutes, gave them both a protector case with a full pack of rice, full canteen, can opener and compass (I got this cases for this particular reason). Then I met 2 more fresh spawns in the same time. One said he don't need anything, to the other I gave my fire axe and some food. Between Solnichniy and Kamyshovo I met a group of 2 armed guys in military gear, was greeted and after a short conversation I continued my adventure. And between Kamyshovo and Elektro I met the last military-equipped player, he asked for some water, got 2 can of beans instead from me and off we go. Elektro was quite empty and I got through it without any contacts.

I am genuinely confused. And satisfied even more than that. If I can meet like 8 players in a row without even taking my gun into hands... Probably, I should remain friendly and never ever consider KoS over it. Just because there are players that are here to interact, not to point-and-shoot. It's all the fun you can get from the alpha anyway.

• Like 2

I help people all the time. Have only been crossed once, and that guy paid with his life.

So your answer is to ban people who BOUGHT the game for playing the game making it impossible to play? I find that outrageous

You fail to see the big picture. 

i got shot yesterday, being stupid adjusting my vid settings while in the open, lost a ton of gear, i aint mad, kinda fun getting all that stuff again, but now i know not to stand in the open, i like this game ive only played it for 6 hours but it is loads of fun even if you die now and then

i am glad you put that video, i hope in future they could implement a automatic kick/ban for dicks shooting at spawns at unarmed people on PvE servers (says on server name clearly) It's so fuckin frustrating ... Even if you say friendly still they shoot..I just stared playing this game and all i see is unmannered spawn killing kids even on PvE servers meant for beginners...I am crying for a spawn protection or some kind of auto kick especially for PvE servers..

A friend and I were traveling in an open area near the southern coast when a zombie ran up on me. I drew by rifle and downed it, right after that we heard a gun shot coming at us from nearby. We ran into a nearby wooded section, and were continually fired upon until we were able to escape the area: lesson learned, from now on I'll try and stick to my fire-axe for zombies.

I don't get why people do that shit.

As a fresh spawn I had a guy yesterday in Elektro power station beat me to death with an axe, even though I blatantly only had my clothes and nothing else.

Just what do people think they are going to gain by murdering people for nothing this early in the alpha?

I have experienced that myself so many times. So now finally I got a good character with a complete military kit, so I decided to go down to the coast and be an hero, watching some of the spawn places in order to see if I couldn't teach some of those spawnbandits a lesson. Although a full 40 player server not much was going on during those couple of hours. There was one guy being chased by two others, but they were all unarmed so a couple of warning shots scared them off (all 3 of them fleeing in the same direction!).

I am patient though, so I will continue doing it. Nailing one of those bastards will really make the game worthwhile for me.

No such thing as a medkit, unless he wanted you to give him a red bag with a cross on it then that should of raised some alarm bells.

Edit: Also the standard pair of jeans can hold a loaded pistol, which can fuck anyone up, but he was probably just a dick.

Could be a saline IV...I'm currently looking for someone to give one to me. came across this vid and don't think I'll bother now lol

People suck. We had six of us running around last night in a group and came across a lone guy armed with only a knife, we all had rifles and sidearms. We let him go on his way no problem.

Try not to interact with anyone when you're by yourself, if you plan on going around helping people bring a friend or 2, or 3, or 4, you can never travel with enough people. Keep your distance from people, even if they seem un-armed, if your going to approach someone by your self, do so with great caution. If you're going to give someone items, again, keep your distance, have a friend stand beside you with a weapon ready watching the other player while you put what ever items it is you are giving the other player on the floor. After dropping said items, say "good bye, safe travels!" then get out of there. You never know who else could be watching.

Good luck :)