Sign in to follow this  
RB30E

coop squads

Could have a squad menu at the start menu so you can join a squad and have instant allies that can work together and the one perk about joing a squad is that your first spawn in the server you can spawn near them or select a city on the map close to them to join up with them. I think this could help cooperative play and make the experience a bit more fun as you will make allies that you can muck around with and work as a team to stay alive. Squads could have a base start point as bandits or survivors aswell so you know what kind of team you are joining. Also it could make more interesting firefights. Doing this though with the zombies in there current state could make them a void factor in the game, so possibly make them spawn in greater numbers in the city and have random large herds in the forrest/country side.

obvious troll is obvious, its a sugguestion thread to give the devs ideas not for people to troll go somewhere else please.

the way you say it, is troll you could say i dont agree for this this and this reason. Not wanna hold ya mates hand go find him. you are obviously a 1 man ffa survivor killer.

Nah.. i dont think so.. if there should be this menu it will become roleplay, now its reallistic if you want friend make friedns like in real life..

You want more? Fine.

Part of DayZ is meeting people in-game and the uncertainty that comes with it. Another part of it is the feeling of being alone and wanting to change that.

If we add in a squad/group system, it removes those unique elements from this game.

I think it would be a good idea. In a zombie apocalypse, you wanna team up with people you already know.

Ok good point but when you say the uncertainty that comes with it, its kinda laughable because i am certain that every player i come across will either kill me on sight or pretend to be friendly then kill me. So how do i go in to have some co-op play when i know this will happen everytime? I like the being alone part of the game but i also like grouping up with people and playing with them to and im sure there are players like me out there so how do you sugguest that is catered for aswell? As it stands its just a free for all kill or be killed mentality and i dont see op zombies fixing this. So i believe that some sort of team up mechanic has to be put in for people that like team work maybe not a spawn on your buddy system but a way to make it so bandit/buzz kills can still play their role with out making everyone shoot each other making it the way it is now.

Just have faith. I've worked with people more times than I've been killed by bandits. And I'm all by myself.

You gotta be smart about who you approach. If someone is all geared up and by themselves sneaking around with a large sniper rifle, yeah stay the fuck away. If you see a couple guys looking for loot with basic weapons, they'll most likely want the help you offer. And always make contact before exposing yourself. If someone doesn't respond in direct chat, be cautious and maybe even run away.

No' date=' no & no.

You wanna hold your friends hand? Go find each other.

[/quote']

This.

Plus, as a bandit, I would just join squads then murder them all. The only way this would work is if it forced friendly fire to be off, which would be the anti-thesis of DayZ.

I understand that squads would be sort of a downer for the game but until the imature or scared players leave the game you can't trust anyone. There are no survivors atm im even a bandit because i cant trust anyone I've tried teaming up with people and all they do is wait for my back to be turned and shot me in the back or stabbed me. Something need to be done to make a more even spread of survivors and bandits, I cant really think of any other way. Does anyone else have a good idea to even it out?

I understand that squads would be sort of a downer for the game but until the imature or scared players leave the game you can't trust anyone. There are no survivors atm im even a bandit because i cant trust anyone I've tried teaming up with people and all they do is wait for my back to be turned and shot me in the back or stabbed me. Something need to be done to make a more even spread of survivors and bandits' date=' I cant really think of any other way. Does anyone else have a good idea to even it out?

[/quote']

Be proactive. Find people who have similar goals in DayZ to yourself and work with them. Stop waiting for the game to do it for you, because it's not going to.

Stop waiting for the game to do it for you' date=' because it's not going to.

[/quote']

You cant possibly know that at this stage of the development.

Go to 18:30 you will hear that Rockets next big goal for DayZ is fostering team building.

good interview but when he was gonna talk about his plans he got sidetracked so yeah that sucked -_-

Stop waiting for the game to do it for you' date=' because it's not going to.

[/quote']

You cant possibly know that at this stage of the development.

Go to 18:30 you will hear that Rockets next big goal for DayZ is fostering team building.

Fostering team building and making the game a nice friendly co-op game are two very different things.