Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

Being Able To Carry 2 Rifle Sized Guns Would Be Nice

So basically since we can carry a large melee weapon and 1 rifle sized weapon i think the option to carry 2 rifle sized guns on you rather than a melee and one gun should be an option for latter. Only difference is you'd be sacrificing stealth and a free none bullet weapon in exchange for 2 fire arms. Meaning you couldn't carry a melee if you go this rout. But i really don't see why we cant since we can carry like 4 or 5 pistol sized weapons with us at all time lol.

What do you guys think? As long as there is some pros and cons to carrying both types i don't really see the issue.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 4

He sprayed his axe with disinfectant then ate it.... trust me.

• Like 2

Have fun figuring out how ;P

HoAlx7y.jpg

I figured out how kind of but you have to be holding the other one in your hand which is weird.

He sprayed his axe with disinfectant then ate it.... trust me.

I dont know why you would do that in the first place lol.

You can carry one gun on your shoulder and the other in your hands. But you cannot do anything else with the gun in your hands, and every time you drink or eat, you'll drop the weapon. It's a pain, but it's do-able.

Its possible to do so now just extremely annoying 

Yeah see my issue is the Mosin is great for range but lacks the automatic quick rushing you would need for forced entries and such. I hate leaving a good weapon behind that offers other advantages. I know we will be getting more variety with guns but seriously there both good for certain situations.

Yeah see my issue is the Mosin is great for range but lacks the automatic quick rushing you would need for forced entries and such. I hate leaving a good weapon behind that offers other advantages. I know we will be getting more variety with guns but seriously there both good for certain situations.

It is called a bipod and a scope for the M4...

`

It is called a bipod and a scope for the M4...

You cannot equip a long range scope on the M4 though as fare as i know. Iv tried it unless you need a certain piece to make that function.

Ive been told they will add a gear piece so u can carry 2 rifles later

Yeah that would be nice like an extra rare strap or something like that.

• Like 1

But wait. The axe is quite big and takes a back slot.

So ...

What if you try to exchange the axe in favor of another rifle? Possible? Gunception? Anyone?

But wait. The axe is quite big and takes a back slot.

So ...

What if you try to exchange the axe in favor of another rifle? Possible? Gunception? Anyone?

Thats pretty much what i meant. So basically you give up stealth by being able to carry 2 rifle sized weapons rather than something like an axe and 1 rifle. The only problem would be if you run out of bullets you'd ether have to run or try to fist fight it out.

You are not supposed to run around as a jack of all trades, you should chose a weapon and by that your task in a group.

While people might be able to carry two long firearms (from a realism perspective), I don't think that it make sense from a gameplay perspective, as everybody would be running around with one close/mid-range and one long-range weapon.

This would take away a lot from the tactical aspect of combat.

Edited by Baarn

You are not supposed to run around as a jack of all trades, you should chose a weapon and by that your task in a group.

While people might be able to carry two long firearms (from a realism perspective), I don't think that it make sense from a gameplay perspective, as everybody would be running around with one close/mid-range and one long-range weapon.

cant tell if srs

Than that should hold true with pistols as well but it dosn't seeing how you can carry both the FNX and Colt at any given time.

I was thinking about carrying multiple weapons. I came up with a question; why does the military let their solders carry only one rifle?

The only thing I can think of why you never see professional soldiers carrying more than one rifle Is probably training, cost, efficiency, and It would also be heavy and cumbersome.

I'd imagine that if the game was real and I was in that world, how the fuck would I be able to carry 2 rifles, backpack, axe, gear and cloths? It would be too much. I think to carry 2 weapons it should be a pain in the ass. You should definitely need to sacrifice something important in order to carry 2 weapons. Like a backpack. Or speed. It should be a huge sacrifice, one that would make you question if it is worth doing so. I persinally think that the current system is not too bad.

I totally agree with OP about two long guns to replace rifle/melee.

I personally own a backpack that carries a shotgun and bolt rifle.

Or maybe offer a dragbag, with little carry capacity but allows for two long guns.

I think that's on purpose. You're supposed to have to make the choice. Spray and pray, or monotonous bolt action? You can do both, but that also entails a compromise. I like the current system, one of the many aspects in which the clunkiness of the ARMA engine helps in the immersion.

I think that's on purpose. You're supposed to have to make the choice. Spray and pray, or monotonous bolt action? You can do both, but that also entails a compromise. I like the current system, one of the many aspects in which the clunkiness of the ARMA engine helps in the immersion.

But if some kind of penalty AKA not being able to use a melee weapon or added weight to carrying capacity was added would you be in favor of this? Considering its a zombie apocalypse and more guns will be added this feature will become more of a want feature i believe for MANY players when more gun types get added. Im not saying having 20 guns on one character but 2 long guns AND only 2 long guns should be at least acceptable. And remember we can carry almost 7 pistols our pack without consequences.

The gun bag would sort out this problem mes thinks,

Hopefully it will get included

Kind of like the one Rick had in Walking Dead in season one?