Sign in to follow this  
DKR

My Humble Suggestions

In no particular order are my ideas for the SA. A few of them, admittedly, will probably be implemented, but I haven't specifically heard about them yet. I left out other ideas, as other members have already suggested them. Some good ones out there!

Appropriate Post-Processing Effects in 1st Person

From sunglasses, masks, etc. Anything that "covers" the eyes or diminishes FOV. Perhaps sunglasses, for example, lowers the brightness slightly, but greatly reduces sunglare. Getting hit in the head without protection will blur vision for a second or two....etc

Appropriate Sound Effects

Opening backpack, opening ammo box, putting clothes on, vomiting, doors opening, etc.

Thermal Binoculars

The thermal scope on the L85 in the mod was overpowered, definitely. If thermal binoculars were available as a rare item, you would have to put your weapon away to use them. It would need to be balanced, which is why I suggest thermal capabilities be limited to binoculars and not scopes for weapons. No overpowered Thermal or even NV goggles...make them surveyor scopes or binoculars. Something you have to stop, put gun down, pull out the thermals, survey area, and put back. Same with NV goggles?

Dramatic Clouds and Skyboxes

I'm picturing Real Clouds mod for Skyrim...or the clouds in Stalker:COP. The deep, dark, ominous couds off in the distance or overhead give a real sense of atmosphere. Is it possible to see them in the distance and have them roll in, bringing rain and lightning? I love the sky in DayZ SA, but I'm itchin for some more epic skyboxes.

Skybox Examples

Stalker 1

Stalker 2

Stalker 3

Zombie Sounds

Can the sounds of zombies be improved? I'd love to hear some bloodthirsty rage in their voices...would also like to hear some ambient zombie sounds around cities.

Default Flashlight

Increase the ambient lighting around the light cone from the flashlight. The edges of the cone have been softened, which is nice compared to the razor sharp edges of the light cone from the mod. But there should be a bit more ambient lighting around the cone of light IMO.

Add a Maglight

Perhaps it could be a military item...or just a rare civilian item. A heavy flashlight with an LED ultra-white tone, extended range, enhanced brightness, and....doubles as a melee weapon?? :)

Melee Weapons

You know...the obvious one. Chainsaw, katana, machete, baton, sledgehammer. Fix the clunky melee controls first though.

Do Something with Skalisty Island

'Nuff said

Variable Zombie Attributes

Not every single zombie has the exact same health, damage, and speed. I'm not suggesting a wide range of variability in the attributes of zombies, but a mild one. Instead of different zombie "types", as proposed in this forum, just randomize their health, damage, and speed attributes within a moderate range. Keep us on our toes!

Abilities

Allow us to crush glass...maybe it's a glass mug, or a light bulb...with rags and sprinkle them on the ground. When another player walks over it, we'll hear the cracking sound of glass, which will alert us to their presence.

Board up doors with some wood of some kind. A player must axe at it to break it open.

Craft Torches

2-4 wooden sticks, duct tape, rags, and kerosine. Light with matches......or add in lighters...??

Craft Fishing Poles

Maybe some wodden sticks, maybe some strings, some lure...I don't know. Or just add them to the loot table for buildings around the coast. Put fish in the sea of course....or just make it so that you have a chance to catch something every minute or so. Cook them, eat them, slap your enemies in the face with them. You get the idea.

Bows

Compound Bows and Crossbows....that are actual weapons. Let us hunt both animals and humans with bows! Don't make them weak...just relatively short range compared to rifles. They're deadly!!

Facepaint

Small containers of facepaint can go a long way when you don't have a mask that blends in with the environment.

-Dustin

Edited by DKR
  • Like 13

good ideas, especially stalker-like clouds

jupiter_yanov1.jpg

Edited by Gdaddy22
  • Like 1

Sir I appluad you,

You have obviously done your reasearch and not posted the same rubbish as everyone else

ALTHOUGH

Crafting is being worked on atm, so thats already covered, but kudos for the rest mate

Thermal Binoculars

The thermal scope on the L85 in the mod was overpowered, definitely. If thermal binoculars were available as a rare item, you would have to put your weapon away to use them. It would be fun but would need to be balanced, which is why I suggest thermal capabilities be limited to binoculars and not scopes for weapons.

-Dustin

This is the first suggestion of thermal that I am almost ok with.  NVGs were really, really game breaking in the Mod.  Your idea would require that a spotter could give good enough direction to a sniper, to target someone.  And it would almost only punish campers, as anyone moving would have moved before you switched to your gun.  I personally would like to avoid all NV or Thermal, as it makes too big of a gap between the haves and have nots.

Default Flashlight

Increase the ambient lighting around the light cone from the flashlight. The edges of the cone have been softened, which is nice compared to the razor sharp edges of the light cone from the mod. But there should be a bit more ambient lighting around the cone of light IMO.

-Dustin

As Rocket has said, and anyone who played it has noticed, the Arma engine doesn't handle light very well.  It has been stated by Bohemia that the engine was not designed for night combat. (It's a good thing that war only happens during the day!)  The thing that drives me crazy is how dim the street lights are.  They are less bright that your flashlight.

Edited by Taggert13
  • Like 1

It has been stated by Bohemia that the engine was not designed for night combat. (It's a good thing that war only happens during the day!)

Well, they could restate that it wasn't made for night combat without thermal/nightvision scopes and NVGs, that workes quite well in Arma2 imo.

And why can't there be war during night time? It's not like they stop mid-fight at 20:00, shake their hands and will make out an appointment for the next morning when they want to continue.

• Like 1

This is the first suggestion of thermal that I am almost ok with.  NVGs were really, really game breaking in the Mod.  Your idea would require that a spotter could give good enough direction to a sniper, to target someone.  And it would almost only punish campers, as anyone moving would have moved before you switched to your gun.  I personally would like to avoid all NV or Thermal, as it makes too big of a gap between the haves and have nots.

As Rocket has said, and anyone who played it has noticed, the Arma engine doesn't handle light very well.  It has been stated by Bohemia that the engine was not designed for night combat. (It's a good thing that war only happens during the day!)  The thing that drives me crazy is how dim the street lights are.  They are less bright that your flashlight.

On the Thermal issue....you have a valid point. However....I would come back at you by pointing out that thermal binoculars would, as you say, require a spotter if you plan on shooting someone. This is the direct opposite of the previous incarnation of thermal capabilites in the mod, which allowed you to use your thermal scope and shoot at the same time. NOW...you can only use them to survey, standing still, weapon down...even if you had a spotter...hey, thermal binoculars would be a team-building exercise! I think the balance is NV binoculars and Thermal binoculars...not something you can use as you move around and shoot..which is OP.

Appropriate Post-Processing Effects in 1st Person

From sunglasses, masks, etc. Anything that "covers" the eyes or diminishes FOV. Perhaps sunglasses, for example, lowers the brightness slightly, but greatly reduces sunglare. Getting hit in the head without protection will blur vision for a second or two....etc

-Dustin

Yes please! But have to balance it between 1. and 3. person? If you reduce visability in 1. person no one is gonna use 1. person, except if they are forced to do so.

Edited by Hama

Yes please! But have to balance it between 1. and 3. person? If you reduce visability in 1. person no one is gonna use 1. person, except if they are forced to do so.

You make a good point.

Maybe apply the visual filters (colour, brightness etc.) to third person and do the same, plus any visual cues like glasses frames or gasmasks to first person?

Very good point man. I thought about that. From my understanding...correct me if I'm wrong...3rd person is available solely to make up for our "limited" FOV in-game. IRL, we have like 180 degree FOV, in-game is much lower. That being said, I would suggest it only apply to 1st person view. It would affect your visual capacity to look down sights, binoculars, ACOG scopes, etc.

I would like night vision have 3D style so like looking through the PU scope.

Same with thermal if they decide to ever add it.

Like these ideas. As for thermal - I feel it should be kept out of the game. Even if it's something you have to alternate with your weapon you could still spot someone then snipe them.

Like these ideas. As for thermal - I feel it should be kept out of the game. Even if it's something you have to alternate with your weapon you could still spot someone then snipe them.

I respectively disagree. If you couldn't use them except for night time...once you survey the area with the thermals and put them away when you're done...you can't see shit again. For the most part. I see your point though.

I just miss that thermal L85 :)

• Like 1

Maglights aren't military...

I own a maglight, and it wasn't expensive. Jeez most of the people I know own a maglight.

The problem with FLIR or any thermal sights is people assume they only read heat off of any living thing or vehicle. A better representation would be something where heat radiates objects like paved roads,metal shacks and hangers and any other type of object that could collect heat in day hours.

• Like 1

Maglights aren't military...

I own a maglight, and it wasn't expensive. Jeez most of the people I know own a maglight.

I can also go to Wal-mart and buy camo pants....why are those military loot?

I get your point though! :)

On another note, the thermal sight could eat batteries quickly to prevent prolonged camping. 

That's an interesting idea!

I can also go to Wal-mart and buy camo pants....why are those military loot?

I get your point though! :)

I find camo pants in houses?

LOL

You have been a sarcastic brat on several forum posts.

*noted