Sign in to follow this  
Famous123

Are they gona make the map bigger then 255km?

Hey this might be a stupid question or just missed it on search. But is rocket gonna make the map bigger then 255km?  I mean i saw a Dev blog a while back where Rocket added the Utes island in Chernarus. So I'm wondering are there still plans for that?

There already is bigger playable terrain, expanding the map.

Does not matter if the map is 155 km or 3 km so long as it has crappy coastal spawns and not completely randomly generated ones in land only 2 percent of the map will be populated.

• Like 2

Does not matter if the map is 155 km or 3 km so long as it has crappy coastal spawns and not completely randomly generated ones in land only 2 percent of the map will be populated.

I did not understand that...

• Like 3

i have heard Dean talking about that in those epic 3hours long ingame videos he made.

i think, that he even mentioned that the game-code could maybe allow that you could be able to go to the border of the map and then switch automatically to another server with a other map. (somehow)

that would be awesome

Edited by Ozar
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure community servers will have more maps, but to be fair, i've played over 80 hours and not explored the whole map, also played many hours in the other version.

Good. Then the lazy do not move, which leaves the rest of the map as a reward for those that will make the effort ... nothing wrong with that and quite reflective of society :lol:

• Like 4

I did not understand that...

It means people will play around balota, cherno making the rest of the map useless.

• Like 1

Because walking is hard.

Well if anyone played the mod. A server with 60 people was kinda crowded. You would have a person in most of the important towns. And the cities a death trap. Plus add vehicles and you will see the map is actually small. And i heard rocket is trying to aim for 100+ population in the server. That will make the map seem super crowded. Look at the big picture guys. All the feature Rocket is adding is great but i hope he makes the map super big that can accommodate 100+ people. The reason there is hardly anyone up north is there is no loot re spawn and no incentive to stay up north, its boring.  And the server hopping is rampant making people to gear up to easy and a safe way to get high end gear. Once he fixes that the real paranoia will set in. The best defense from people is people with bigger and better guns (from Rick Grimes). People who don't travel up north is missing a huge chuck of what day z is about. Your missing the random encounter. The rare moment when you can stalk or meet people while traveling. Or watching random firefight and ambushes from a safe distance. Well i hope Rockets make the map twice as big and add more interesting cities in the north.

Edited by Famous123

Do you really need more empty space with nothing to do and no one to see?

I would prefer the devs spent their time and resources putting some badly needed content from the Mod into this game before wasting a single second with the map 

more guns > bigger map

cars > bigger map

crafting > bigger map

player structures > bigger map

The list goes on and on and on and on  

Edited by captainvette2112

look at dayzdb map...up north...all those roads and flat areas put in. I'd say they have something planned up there.

Would also be nice to expand into a country that speaks English. Trying to read those damn city names in Russian is difficult! :D

There is so much to expand within the current map I really hope they don't expand the landmass anytime soon. Get some more dynamic areas, populate it with huntable wildlife. Give us some persistant ability for loot storage. This 225km will seem much smaller when that happens!

I wish for more woods/empty areas. There isn't enough space to hide a tent/base

• Like 1

Because walking is hard.

He's saying that people are dumb and only occupy the coast not that he himself agrees with that decision. It's pretty clear he doesn't like it. I always go in land personally and never see a soul even on a max pop server. Pretty sad really.

Do you really need more empty space with nothing to do and no one to see?

I would prefer the devs spent their time and resources putting some badly needed content from the Mod into this game before wasting a single second with the map 

more guns > bigger map

cars > bigger map

crafting > bigger map

player structures > bigger map

The list goes on and on and on and on  

Hold your horses there, nobody ever gave a time-frame. Map could be done tomorrow, in a week, in 10 years; nobody specified times or dates.

why would one want to spawn in the middle of the forest with no food, no water, and no human interaction? It would take away from the game entirly, I think coastal spawns should remain.

You don't want to - that's the whole point of the early game. You get the survival situation in unknown territory forced upon you.

Think of a school trip in a bus, like from Prague to Constanta. You just slept, you don't know how long, when the bus crashed and you barely escaped alive. As you slept the last hour(s) (don't ask me how you did that in a bus full of school kids!), you have no idea where you are, maybe Czech Rep. Slovakia, Hungary, Romania??? You are the only one that escaped from your bus which went up in flames, and you feel hungry and thirsty.

Make Chernarus the transit country and continue with your own story.

Or better yet, come up with something on your own, but keep the survival and unknown territory in the start of your tale ;)

Edited by Rantanplan

I think the dev team has a plan and even if people want more things added to the game, we can still see a glimpse of what is really important in the mind of the team: big maps, lots of loots lying around, alot of zombies, animals...

Those things cannot be implanted if the servers are not stable.

Give them some time. The biggest issue right now is the server. Once it's done, things will go way faster and you'll see the map go further north.