Sign in to follow this  
doublebrain

Low Tier Military/Civilian Security

There should be more low tier military buildings that replace the barracks and camps everywhere. In this security buildings you would find mostly pistols, light bulletproof vests and rarely SMGs. Of course also things like weapon attachments and holsters but no high tier military weapons/gear (for now that would only be the M4 and most of the military clothing).

Security buildings are for example: Police stations, security at airports, gatehouses at bigger facilities

Those buildings should replace for example Balota airport, which should be reworked into a civilian airport in my opinion. Police stations would obviously appear in bigger cities like Cherno and Berenzino.

Having only low tier military loot at some locations would prevent people from getting geared up too fast (just look at balota) and would create some balance. You still got a higher chance to find a weapon in this buildings than by searching regular houses but if you want high tier stuff you need to go to the military only areas (where PvP is even more common).

• Like 4

Yeah, i totally agree, i run to balota and i get geared under 2hours

• Like 1

ya a trip to blota and the town on blotas hill got me tons of food gear and a m4

Security: also need riot gear (helms and shield) i think they would be laying around :) and night sticks

• Like 1

I really like your idea of replacing military facilities and loot with "civilian security" ones!

Not realy a big topic in early alpha, but maybe later on.

I run to Bolota, get geared, and then fall through a floor in 2 hours and lose everything. :( Wash, rinse, repeat.

Did you play DayZero?  They modified the square building that is at Otmel(and a lot of places) to be a security building.  It had SMGs and low end military.  It was really great.  It had only one exit and was a death trap for unarmed players.  Super fun and helped a lot for early game.

I run to balota and i get geared under 5 minutes