Sign in to follow this  
melihs11

two computers, same house can't play same server - battleye kicks one of us

hey guys

so me and my friend cant play together on the same server.. he can join and it lets us play for a little while but then he gets kicked.

we both have seperate steam accounts,  i did "-port=2350" in launch options, but still he gets kicked.

i've searched high and wide online but still nothing works. few other people are having this problem too.

also updated his battleye .dll file patch that we downloaded from the battleye site but that doesn't work, he still gets kicked.

i'm pulling my hair out cause we just want to play on the same server!

port forwarding in my router settings maybe? what would i need to do there?

any help would be appreciated, thank you.

i have also updated my routers firmware (iinet with bob2 modem) to the latest, still the same problem.

thank you.

edit: he jut tried playing on a different server to me and he still gets kicked..

Edited by melihs11
  • Like 1

hey guys

so me and my friend cant play together on the same server.. he can join and it lets us play for a little while but then he gets kicked.

we both have seperate steam accounts,  i did "-port=2350" in launch options, but still he gets kicked.

i've searched high and wide online but still nothing works. few other people are having this problem too.

also updated his battleye .dll file patch that we downloaded from the battleye site but that doesn't work, he still gets kicked.

i'm pulling my hair out cause we just want to play on the same server!

port forwarding in my router settings maybe? what would i need to do there?

any help would be appreciated, thank you.

i have also updated my routers firmware (iinet with bob2 modem) to the latest, still the same problem.

thank you.

Could be kicking you because your computers have the same IP address? Not sure 

• Like 1

I'd say, due to Battlleeye not having CD keys to go off, that BE is using Ip addresses instead. There is a high probability that Be is kicking one of you because your Ip addresses are probably the same. 

Try getting an IP changer. (don't ask me where because i have no clue on where to get one on the internet)

• Like 2

So what's the exact kick message? Does this only occur when playing together?

I'd say, due to Battlleeye not having CD keys to go off, that BE is using Ip addresses instead. There is a high probability that Be is kicking one of you because your Ip addresses are probably the same.

Incorrect, BE is using the steam ID so there shouldn't be a problem as long as seperate accounts are used.

• Like 1

I can almost guarantee that it's the IP address.  Even if you use an internal proxy you're still going to have the same external (Internet) IP address.  There is a server setting where this restriction can be disabled.  It was also present in the mod.  I have two members in my clan who are in the same house and they had the same problem.  I was able to fix it for them by disabling the same IP check.  But since these servers are hosted by GSPs with limited server control I don't know if you will find a fix for this until private hives become available.  The only solution would be for one of you to sign up with an external proxy or VPN service.  Several are available online and can be found with a Google search.  The one downside to that may be a sizable hit in regard to ping.  But it may be your only option until private hives and servers are supported.

Edited by Darth_Rogue
  • Like 2

I figured out a work around. Go into "Control Panel", open up "Internet Options", go to the "Connections" tab, click the LAN Settings button, check the allow proxy box and enter this for the address: 154.15.8.72 | Port: 80 and check the "bypass proxy server for local addresses" box then apply settings. 

When you have this activated you will not be able to access web pages through your browser like chrome or IE, but you will be able to play with your friend. 

Hope this helped like it helped us.

I figured out a work around. Go into "Control Panel", open up "Internet Options", go to the "Connections" tab, click the LAN Settings button, check the allow proxy box and enter this for the address: 154.15.8.72 | Port: 80 and check the "bypass proxy server for local addresses" box then apply settings. 

When you have this activated you will not be able to access web pages through your browser like chrome or IE, but you will be able to play with your friend. 

Hope this helped like it helped us.

public ip proxy in switzerland ? port 80

ip72.frankfurt.pub-ip.de.psi.net

interesting. anyone know what is this ? ip cloud ?

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

public ip proxy in switzerland ? port 80

ip72.frankfurt.pub-ip.de.psi.net

interesting. anyone know what is this ? ip cloud ?

It is just a free proxy anyone can use in order to bypass IP scans and anything of the sort. I found it in an example on a tutorial website and figured it wouldn't work, but it seemed to have worked. I honestly was very surprised that it did. I am sure you have nothing to worry about when using this. It is just a proxy.

• Like 1