Katabasis

STOP! I'm the Sheriff of Berezino. . . We need to talk . . . -Vids-

First video 2 minutes in and I am already like wtf? You are the sheriff but you threaten the new spawn that you just shot at with shooting him again if he doesn't stop? What?

Sometimes the only way to get people to stop and listen is to threaten them. Also I was new to this. This was literally the first time I was trying out this role. I wanted to bandage him and apologize.

Tbh, right now new spawns gain too much from going aggro ASAP. Fists are OP and if anyone gets within 5 meters or so they can easily kill you. I state warnings to set expectations. I'm not naive. But you are right I was a bit too aggro those first vids.

• Like 1

Very true i took 1 day off sense buying it and that day i even played for a hour or so and got stopped by two men in clothes and camo with guns and berets, almost got shot was slow on F2 F3 etc, but they gave me ammo and let me go and a tip on not to spreypaint my gun

Then again, it's useless because you can't load 5 rounds anymore after painting it. Only able to chamber one round. 2 bugs for the price of 1 spray paint can! :D

Just wanted to say, I've spent the past few days with the "Sheriff" and his "posse". What a nice bunch of guys. Certainly add a new flavor of hand play to the world of DayZ. I think I'll be a semi-regular. I know I will. Lots of fun in such a danger filled environment. Hazzah from Pope Sinphaltimus Exmortus.

• Like 2

Ranger's are a group that shoots first and loot second i think, ive heard stories of fire fights with them there are 5+ of them online sometimes, kinda cool

3 guys on your server with Ranger in their name ganged up on me. You know them? I had to massacre them lol

Hah I've had some run ins with them. Solid bandit/military play. I'd love to chat with them and welcome them to the community and thank them for numerous firefights.

Nice Videos man! damnit i missed that event. I need to find a good group for this game lol.

Teamspeak is always open for 18+ and if you play on the server your bound to run into some interesting people.

Just wanted to say, I've spent the past few days with the "Sheriff" and his "posse". What a nice bunch of guys. Certainly add a new flavor of hand play to the world of DayZ. I think I'll be a semi-regular. I know I will. Lots of fun in such a danger filled environment. Hazzah from Pope Sinphaltimus Exmortus.

Wow super kind words. I'm sure everyone in our community appreciates hearing them. Dayz can be much more depending on the people involved. I'm hoping we continue to add new faces to the server.

• Like 1

Saw this post weeks ago but never got around to watching your series. It's pretty cool, starting ep 3 right now.

• Like 1

Joined the server for a bit yesterday and had an interesting encounter, or two.

I logged in and was around Refy, so I decided to check it out. I had previously painted my mosin by mistake and ditched it since now it was glitched. Searched the ship with my magnum in hand just in case, and while I was heading for the rear part, saw these two chaps in the distance running along the coast heading north towards the shipwreck.

2014_01_30_00004.jpg

Decided to go and great them. This shirtless and pants less man told me he was a shirt seller and asked me if I needed any. As a salesman, he roam around selling shirts to people. I politely declined since I had enough clothes on me and didn't need any more. He then proceeded to drop his axe to show he was no threat. I told him I wasn't hostile and that it wasn't needed. He could come and meet me on top deck and I could provide with food and supplies if needed, but warned him it was dangerous to walk around the ship. (I never run on that ship and double tap shift so I walk) He climbed the stairs and then told me he was used to ledges and wasn't afraid to fall. Next thing I knew he was screaming and flying to a certain death... :rolleyes:

2014_01_30_00011.jpg

It was too late for this poor fellow, and I couldn't even get a hold of his name. If you read this t-shirt salesman, please make yourself known!

I went around trying to find the other survivor he was with. Shortly after, I found him and told him about the misadventure of his friend. He told me they had just met and since they were heading in the same direction they decided to tag along. Greetings mister Chris G.!

2014_01_30_00013.jpg

We had just met, then...

2014_01_30_00015.jpg

Laughed for a bit and logged back in. We met again and talked for a few moments then went on to search the ship. I found a replacement for my mosin, and offered my magnum to Chris since he didn't have any guns.

2014_01_30_00020.jpg

2014_01_30_00023.jpg

We then parted ways as I was going back to Berezino, and he was heading north. Was nice meeting you Chris!

2014_01_30_00028.jpg

Now I'm back in Berezino! Hope I can catch up with the sheriff and his deputies! Take care guys! Thanks for the server!

2014_01_30_00064.jpg

• Like 1

SkS uses mosin parts as well and i found out a hidden Craft !

Green paint

Black paint

=Camo painted mosin

Awsome vids Katabasis & Co.

Had alot of good laughs watching'em

Keep up the good work :)

I heard you had issues with gameservers, are you gonna rent from another provider? Does this mean the end of Max Neeson? I hope we can get together again! I joined often during the past 2 weeks but there wasn't many players on. Take care Katabasis and I hope you get this issue fixed soon without many troubles!

What times do you guys usually play? You seem like a lot of fun and I would like to join. :)

What times do you guys usually play? You seem like a lot of fun and I would like to join. :)

Been playing between 9PM and midnight EST. Haven't seen the guys in a while though. I hope we can get this small community back together, I really enjoy my time on Katabasis' Katastrophe server!

I'll be in tonight. And on TS as well. Let's see if we can't get a large group together... Although proly not, it is Thursday evening, but I have no work tomorrow!

• Like 1

Last night was amazing. I'll need a few days to sort out the footage. Hopefully catch up tonight. Perhaps I can add about 3-6 more to the group and expand operations. ;)

EDIT : And this LOL!

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

I played for a while yesterday but didn't encounter anyone. (I don't often join TS for RP factor and I'm not a native english speaker...) Can't wait to see your footage Sinphaltimus! :thumbsup: 

Just tried the experimental servers some more before they went down, but it was still KoS/FoS fest... :rolleyes:

Haven't seen deputy smiley or the sheriff in a while, and last time I went to Berezino I shot every zombie  I saw (they were all at their original spawns)  and didn't encounter any survivors. It was a ghost town after that. Anyway take care fellas!

2014_02_13_00104.jpg

Last night was amazing. I'll need a few days to sort out the footage. Hopefully catch up tonight. Perhaps I can add about 3-6 more to the group and expand operations. ;)

Did you post the videos somewhere? Would really like to see what happened.

Also, sadly, haven't seen any guys on Katastrophe server lately. :(   I hope we'll ba able to catch each other for some quality gaming time and light RP, it's the only server I know that does some RP...

Man, I miss the Sherif of Berezino... It seems that since he's left, thise place has gone to hell!  :(

I wish you a great 2015 Kata! If you ever read this! Take care man!

(P.S.: Will you ever come back to DayZ? Is your brother still playing?)