Katabasis

STOP! I'm the Sheriff of Berezino. . . We need to talk . . . -Vids-

that bonus video made me cry so hard, you guys should get a award for that! hahahahahaah

• Like 1

ya man i'm 36 i work graveyard so i play early in the morning but last night i spread the word in a few towns about the sheriff, got some more viewers i think

new entry i put in the server number but it is offline i guess i will try later

Oh cool! I'll double check that the server is up. Shouldn't be down. What name do you go by in dayz? If I see you on I'll try and say hey. Also feel free to use teamspeak. If the server is down that's the place to let us know. Address is edited into the 1st post

Odin it was badass of you to take those great pics. You should work that into your backstory. Photographer maybe lol. Or not up to you. I had a great time playing with you. I know I had to jet just after you met up with us but I'm sure we will be having a ton of fun.

Thanks!! While looking back at the screenshots, I really think that's what I'm gonna do. I'm leaving the videos and streams to you Sheriff, and I'll try and capture events and moments with screenshots/pictures added with some story. I really enjoy doing that. I'm sad I missed yesterday's event, but I had some guests.

Posting some more screens of our meeting two days ago. Take care guys and see you soon!

Guarding the perimeter while Mason restock on water.

2014_01_18_00025.jpg

Clearing the infestation one zombie at a time. (and target practice in the mean time)

2014_01_18_00037.jpg

The Sheriff and Deputy Smiley under the sunset scanning for possible survivors in need, or bandits to take down.

2014_01_18_00038.jpg

On the road again... Doing our last sweep of the day.

2014_01_18_00041.jpg

Take care fellas.

• Like 1

Oh cool! I'll double check that the server is up. Shouldn't be down. What name do you go by in dayz? If I see you on I'll try and say hey. Also feel free to use teamspeak. If the server is down that's the place to let us know. Address is edited into the 1st post

ya i got it to work was entering it in filter, seen some people on got Ts3 as well, gonna log on soon

IGN:  Gavener

played with graphite for a bit he took me to the air strip i got some good loot but now i am sick so many zombies seem to be out

Edited by Gavener

well i had a big haul for when you guys logged back on but 2 bandits got me and i fear that didnt help the server i was packing 3 pairs of cuffs some keys loads of ammo a few guns food water and med supplys. 

well i had a big haul for when you guys logged back on but 2 bandits got me and i fear that didnt help the server i was packing 3 pairs of cuffs some keys loads of ammo a few guns food water and med supplys.

Justice will be served. Also let's own some nubs ;)

Hello guys,

just joined the server. But hence I'm playing in Europe, it's almost empty. Nevertheless, I just wanted to ask, why I can't seem to find the video links on the 1st post?! *puzzled* Sry for me stupid asking. :)

Cheers

edit: must be a browser issue, in Opera it worked. See u soon (I hope).

Edited by Eman666

The funny thing was when you said idk who was fighting who but they both are dead now....

there are quite a few people from europe that place, server is hopping to was almost 40/40 last night, can't wait till there pop size is upped

• Like 1

Hello guys,

just joined the server. But hence I'm playing in Europe, it's almost empty. Nevertheless, I just wanted to ask, why I can't seem to find the video links on the 1st post?! *puzzled* Sry for me stupid asking. :)

Cheers

edit: must be a browser issue, in Opera it worked. See u soon (I hope).

We may be getting a huge EU group playing named the Wasteland Enforcers. If you see any WE tags ingame head to elektro Iran hop in teamspeak and talk to their leader named Mortem

Awesome stuff but the quality of the vids are really bad. that cant be 720p can it?

anyway the vids are great just wish they where in higher quality.

:beans: :beans: :thumbsup:  for you sir

Edited by Happy-

Awesome stuff but the quality of the vids are really bad. that cant be 720p can it?

anyway the vids are great just wish they where in higher quality.

:beans: :beans: :thumbsup:  for you sir

Ya, its 720p coming from twitch.  So here is pretty much the only way anyone can stream dayz.  You have to use OBS + Intel Quick Sync.  But Intel Quick Sync isnt great yet and causes some choppiness.  Well, the only way to improve that is to stream at a higher bit rate, which I can do but viewers cannot watch it because 1) a lot of viewers dont have 10+mB dl speed and 2) twitch isnt doing a very good job buffering as well as they do not allow you to stream at too high a bit rate (cause it takes a much higher toll on their bandwidth).

Due to this, there is artifacting and a bit chop in the stream.  The stream vid is then backed up on twitch's website, where I can easily cut out a vid into whats called a "highlight".  That highlight is then sent to youtube and turned into a vid.  Thus the degradation is taken a bit further.  I have not had much time to figure out how to improve the quality since 1) intel quick sync is pretty freakin new and very very beta and 2) I dont make money off of this stuff so therefore cannot afford separate rendering software that YT let's play people use. (I cannot stream AND record directly to harddrive since that would be like doing two streams in one and streaming is already WAY hard on your computer.  I have a core I7 3770k, GTX 570, and 16 gigs of ram.  I can bump up the quality but then I lose fps which in a game like dayz = death.

3 days ago I played on the server and boy the encounters. In all my DayZ time it only happened a few times that most people I meet have some personality and good manners. It was certainly a very enjoyable evening.

For some reasons I couldn't take screenshots at first, nor could I type. Had to rebind keys to the ones that "worked".

Since the server was made hardcore, I was a fresh spawn. But a lucky one, since I got the Berezino spawn. I made my way into town and grabbed a few essential supplies. As I was on the second floor of the "main" pub, I heard a shot, a leg broke, and a guy saying "Hello?" in voip. I replied back and went out to the street to greet him and ask if he needed anything. I met with him in the town square and we exchange a few words when suddenly, a Doctor and a Lumberjack came out to the square to ask if we needed anything. We all shared some supplies and talked for about 15 mins. This light RP is amazing. We waved goodbye to each other, as I wanted to go back to Svetloyarsk to see what they had done to my hometown.

I deiced to stop at Refy and check out the cursed wrecked ship for a possible gun. I tried to be cautious, and made my way inside of it's belly. Then I heard a voice asking if I was hostile and if I was willing to spare some food in exchange for a mosin scope. I gladly accepted even though I didn't have the gun, and I was willing to give the food for free, as I try to help out fellow survivors as much as I can.

Meet Nathan.

2014_01_23_00149.jpg

He asked me if he could tag along and I gladly accepted. We talked a bit while making our way to Svetloyarsk. When we got there, the city seemed completely empty and all the doors were open. Some other survivors had already looted most goods in town. We kept an eye open, and as we were going to find a safe place to spend the night (log out cause it was getting late irl) someone close asked us if we could help him. It surprised us at first, but the chap didn't have a gun, and sounded sincere. He said he didn't have much health left and needed a transfusion. Again, I accepted to help him.

2014_01_23_00157.jpg

After helping Austen, we shared food and supplies, and went all in different directions. This was a great evening in the zombie apocalypse. Thanks guys for making such an enjoyable experience.

2014_01_23_00160.jpg

Well, see you, in the next chapter!

Odin, yet again excellent photography and storytelling. The server has been hopping the past couple days. We went from 900th rank to 155th in 3 days. Server is still deadly, we had a crazy 45 min firefight at NEAF yesterday. I flanked through the mountain just in time to watch a buddy get shot and their assailants running away through the nearby city.

Holymolies.. you must be on the opposite side of the planet. 150 ping. Ming! It stopped to 112. Ok, maybe I try that.

Please let sheriff smiley know I was having a blast until my computer froze. Didn't mean to disconnect from teamspeak without saying bye. Stupid Windows.

One hell of an addictive game.

Very true i took 1 day off sense buying it and that day i even played for a hour or so and got stopped by two men in clothes and camo with guns and berets, almost got shot was slow on F2 F3 etc, but they gave me ammo and let me go and a tip on not to spreypaint my gun

Please let sheriff smiley know I was having a blast until my computer froze. Didn't mean to disconnect from teamspeak without saying bye. Stupid Windows.

Will do.

Very true i took 1 day off sense buying it and that day i even played for a hour or so and got stopped by two men in clothes and camo with guns and berets, almost got shot was slow on F2 F3 etc, but they gave me ammo and let me go and a tip on not to spreypaint my gun

You can spraypaint it, it might just appear in a radius of 5 meters around you. I always seem to find my freshly painted gun in the street next to where I painted it.

Before painting it. (inside piano building)

2014_01_24_00034.jpg

After applying paint. (outside of said building...)

2014_01_24_00035.jpg

Odin, yet again excellent photography and storytelling. The server has been hopping the past couple days. We went from 900th rank to 155th in 3 days. Server is still deadly, we had a crazy 45 min firefight at NEAF yesterday. I flanked through the mountain just in time to watch a buddy get shot and their assailants running away through the nearby city.

Oh man I should try to play more often. Wish I could've been there!

Ya, its 720p coming from twitch.  So here is pretty much the only way anyone can stream dayz.  You have to use OBS + Intel Quick Sync.  But Intel Quick Sync isnt great yet and causes some choppiness.  Well, the only way to improve that is to stream at a higher bit rate, which I can do but viewers cannot watch it because 1) a lot of viewers dont have 10+mB dl speed and 2) twitch isnt doing a very good job buffering as well as they do not allow you to stream at too high a bit rate (cause it takes a much higher toll on their bandwidth).

Due to this, there is artifacting and a bit chop in the stream.  The stream vid is then backed up on twitch's website, where I can easily cut out a vid into whats called a "highlight".  That highlight is then sent to youtube and turned into a vid.  Thus the degradation is taken a bit further.  I have not had much time to figure out how to improve the quality since 1) intel quick sync is pretty freakin new and very very beta and 2) I dont make money off of this stuff so therefore cannot afford separate rendering software that YT let's play people use. (I cannot stream AND record directly to harddrive since that would be like doing two streams in one and streaming is already WAY hard on your computer.  I have a core I7 3770k, GTX 570, and 16 gigs of ram.  I can bump up the quality but then I lose fps which in a game like dayz = death.

appreciate you taking the time to explain this cheers.

First video 2 minutes in and I am already like wtf? You are the sheriff but you threaten the new spawn that you just shot at with shooting him again if he doesn't stop? What?