RRambo

What is the Next Big Patch?

2 thing i really want to be fixed right now after just playing....that text that tells your where u spawned in at. And for the food and drink to be tweaked i eat something then like 2 secs later I'm hungry again.Going to the bathroom would be so hilarious omg killing someone while there squirting mud in the woods haha. 

RR

Id LOVE somewhere i can store things and keep as my own when i die i can have a safe haven

• Like 1

2 things would be enough. like stated a vehicle e.g. bike and more guns/items - alpha is there to test new stuff, beta is for bug fixes.

I absolutely disagree! One of the reasons I love Rocket's design philosophy for SA is that content is slower to be integrated, but it's often in a close-to-complete form once it's introduced. I would much, much rather have content integrated slowly, in a stable platform, as opposed to an alpha feature rush where everything's half-assed and even more time is spent down the road making it play nice with other inclusions. 

Edited by KlassenT

I just wanted to hear people thoughts on what feature their most excited for? And if anyone has news on the next big patch, if its hunting or ragdoll, etc,.Let me know

RR

Monkeys. Monkey and birds. No discussion necessary, really. You can thank me later.

Monkeys. Monkey and birds. No discussion necessary, really. You can thank me later.

If you want monkeys, we are in Russia. I want Siberian tigers and grizzly bears.

Thoughts here are worthless. The only words to heed are those of the devs. If they don't post here disregard anything else.

Id LOVE somewhere i can store things and keep as my own when i die i can have a safe haven

Which would defeat the entire philosophy behind DayZ. Tents yes, but they can be found looted and destroyed. Safe storage will never happen

• Like 2

Thoughts here are worthless.

Which would defeat the entire philosophy behind DayZ. Tents yes, but they can be found looted and destroyed. Safe storage will never happen

Pretty contradictory.

The developers have set a lengthy time frame for their updates, but I think it's so they don't feel crunched for time. Personally I think we will be seeing more content sooner than they say. 

If you look at the latest Dev update, these are their priorities at the moment:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

• Server performance, stability and security
  • Animals & hunting
  • Cooking & gathering resources
  • Playable user customizable vehicles
  • Player created constructions in the environment
  • More complex interactions with the environment and crafting options
  • Streamlined user actions and interface
  • Control and animations expanded and improved for fluidity
  • Upgraded graphics and physics engine (including ragdoll, etc.)
  • Support of user mods and more flexibility for user hosted servers and game types
No clue what they'll patch in first though.

I think that's the order so first bug patches and security then animals and hunting then cooking and gathering resources etc etc

Hi !

About bug ... I have Arma 2 & it run very smoothly. But it's not the case with DayZ standalone : VERY BAD FRAMERATE when other player are in the same place or when i approach town or village ; IT'S STRANGE ! ! I have DayZ for Arma 2 too & it run smoothly !, WHY ? It's the same map with the SAME city location !
I know it's an Alpha but they start the development with an existing graphics engine with exsiting town & village which run great in Arma 2/DayZ mod !???

DayZ will be great , but you know, with 900,000 of copy sssssold ,they have the money now to do better than this & that after 2 years of developement !

I need more because of that !

I hope they make the coast sound even louder. Best thing in dayz is hearing the coast when youre no where near it

For the next patch i would just hope for tents so it would allready give a little bit of purpose to the game.

Also for the future i would suggest to the dayz team to not do like in arma 2 and put in a weapon with the name "DMR" since this is a weapon class like assault rifle or sniper etc... 

Oh and remove the battlefield 3 sun , i was allready happy when they removed it bf4 but now they've put it in dayz , seems i'm never going to get rid of it...

Edited by External89
  • Like 1

If you look at the latest Dev update, these are their priorities at the moment:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

• Server performance, stability and security
  • Animals & hunting
  • Cooking & gathering resources
  • More complex interactions with the environment and crafting options
  • Streamlined user actions and interface
  • Control and animations expanded and improved for fluidity
  • Upgraded graphics and physics engine (including ragdoll, etc.)
  • Support of user mods and more flexibility for user hosted servers and game types

No clue what they'll patch in first though.

Yeah this is more like a list they made when they released the alpha.. I will be happy to see them updating again. I am kind of concerned they will do to Dayz SA as they did to the mod.. Release a barebone game and let the community take over..

these need to go first

I hope they fix the audio glitches of cans opening and stuff when no ones near.....or am I just seriously losing it???? 

I hope they fix the audio glitches of cans opening and stuff when no ones near.....or am I just seriously losing it???? 

haha yeah and the rabbits making zombies noises freaks me out every time. One time it was really a zombie but i just ignored it.

RR

these need to go first

Why would you implement new content while there is still things to be fixed and finalized and then tested again?

Edited by bonsai

If the audio glitches went away and I wouldn't have to worry about an item glitching out when I drop it, I would be extremely happy :)

A functional suppressor for my pistol would be a welcomed bonus as well.

No one knows next patch because this dev team doesnt like the community enough to even keep in contact with them

• Like 1