RRambo

What is the Next Big Patch?

I am looking forward to more zombies and hunting / cooking .. that shit will add a nice extra tone to the game.

• Like 1

I am also excited to see some new stuff inside the game. But i really think the priority of increasing performance on servers to ad more stuff is higher than to put thing inside now and getting laggs und an more unstable version of the game. So the fundament have to reach a "1.0 Version" before building the "house". It fails this time in raising up more zombies so i dont expect more loot/animals/vehicles/etc not before solving the performance (engine/ servers) issues. Maybe we can expect some bugfixes in the near future that isnt feed on performance like.

- Combat logging (rocket said 2 days ago that it will be done when he comes back to europe - mid January)

- general server performance increase 

- server stabilisation

- lootfixes (0% bug, lootpositions etc)

- weaponbug (scopeissue)

- teleportingbug

- animations (more smooth)

- soundbugs (animals doing zombiesounds)

- better anticheat/hacks

- Zombie Ai (moving through walls)

Hope i could help

sryfor bad english

MagnuZ 

• Like 1

I'd like a shotgun but i think a more pressing issue is the fact that going down some stairs can kill you. Especially in fire stations.

According to Hicks' tweet - the next patch will be to close the PBO exploit.

What does it mean? Antihack? Can you explain?

What does it mean? Antihack? Can you explain?

It's to stop people from being able to see through trees/buildings etc. Like verifying userfiles

• Like 1

It's to stop people from being able to see through trees/buildings etc. Like verifying userfiles

Thx dude. Why should people do that  <_< i will never understand. 

I cant wait till the zombies are completely dialed its going to bring the game to whole other level.

RR

I doubt they'll ever be close to being completely dialled in unfortunately. 

Thx dude. Why should people do that  <_< i will never understand. 

I know it's stupid, but hey at least it should be fixed soon!

Well for the next couple Months you will only see bug fix and more bug fix and less new things that will be add.

So don't get your hops to high. 

MOAR HOPS PWEEZE.  I tend to go crazy on the hops when home-brewing.  :lol:

It would be nice if they fixed the random dieing as you log into a damn server or the random zombie noises for no reason, how about the retardedly inaccurate M4? or some animals, vehicles, zombies that don't run through walls, doors, fences or see you from 300m off and start sprinting at you.

Expect server stability updates, performance tweaks, security (hacking, combat logging, cheating, exploiting)

also keep in mind, there are more than 6 people working ;) theyll release more stuff at once than you think

I believe hunting is the next big feature adding patch planned, as i remember Dean stating on a a livestream that it was coming out not long after alpha was released but with the recent big bugs I assume it will be pushed back somewhat.

Simply put, I'd like to see the survival mechanics added to our survival game.

I doubt they'll ever be close to being completely dialled in unfortunately. 

.I bet once they get ragdoll the zombies will be so much better. I have full faith in Dean and the Team!

RR

It makes a lot of sense to make hunting/cooking with fires high on the to do list to open the wilderness up to players. That would be a great choice for a high priority, as it was one of my fav things about the original.

• Like 1

It makes a lot of sense to make hunting/cooking with fires high on the to do list to open the wilderness up to players. That would be a great choice for a high priority, as it was one of my fav things about the original.

Mine too I loved making camps in the woods. Throw some beer into the game, and call it camping.lol

RR

I only hope they will fix combat logging, it's really easy to put a 15 seconds timer to log out

I only hope they will fix combat logging, it's really easy to put a 15 seconds timer to log out

Agreed, and of coarse server hopping!

RR

The things I am most excited for are vehicles and player built structures.

Then more weapons/items.

Then stuff that improves the game behind the scenes (but I know this is actually the most important thing right now)

Question:

canyourunit.com says my PC can run DayZ with everything maxed with excellent FPS.

Obviously that's not the case, so what's up with that? Does the site have insufficient data to actually give you a proper result, or is the client-side performance affected by the alpha state?

Piss and shit obviously, it ought to be a dev priority second only to the sorely needed logout timer.

• Like 1

2 things would be enough. like stated a vehicle e.g. bike and more guns/items - alpha is there to test new stuff, beta is for bug fixes.