daltar08

Issues with firearms in Dayz SA (real world shooters perspective)

*get rid of that darn aiming dot with the exception of melee weapons, its just an unfair advantage for a game that was adapted from a mil-sim

I see your perspective on this point, but you gotta think, you'd have people taping aiming dots to their screen. No matter of cheat detection will stop that. It's better to have everybody on the same playing field.

M4 is all kinds of broken atm...  My guess is that it's stats are intentionally pushed towards "closer range" simply to test how smgs and less accurate rifles would work within game play.  Overall the difference in accuracy between magpul and other parts is FAR FAR FAR FAR too great, and even with full mag pull, the carbine is far less accurate than it should be...

This next part is kind of off topic, however I'd love to see barrels added to the list of weapon attachments for the m4 (and future weapons).  They should come in varying sizes as well, with the longest being 16 inchest, and the shortest being 10.5 inches.

They should not reimplement arma 2 ballistics.
THEY SHOULD BE USING ARMA 3'S BALLISTICS SYSTEM.

Reason: it is by far the most realistic weapon ballistics system in any game i have played. from the weapon sway, recoil, all the way to the effect of the wind and bullet drop.

while going back to arma 2 would still be an upgrade. It is no where near that of arma 3's amazing feat of realistic weaponry.

Mosins and M4... ts ts ts  *shaking head*

The Blaze doesn't have a sight, nor a scope, though it would be able to equip one :|

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1zgct6/will_the_blaze_95_get_any_scope_attachments/

I hope there is more on the way, since it can be pretty customizable(different barrels, stocks&"receivers"), scopes, stock-attachments,

Edited by irishroy

*Aiming properly results in poor accuracy.

I am a shooter too.  Try shooting at 500 meters with a CARBINE, using a small .223 round.

Mosin has perfect accuracy.

I do so every other weekend and it it's not hard. Granted I have only used iron sights up to 300m (haven't tried anything past that). The effective range of the standard M4A1 is around 500m, so obviously it hard to consistently hit the target to record how lethal the round is. People really need to top posting with little-to-no experience.

500 is almost tiwice the distance as 300 meters.  You said accurate, but exactly HOW accurate? Pull some photos of targets at 500 meters for 5.56 at carbine length.

Not to mention, that those rounds have been just sitting there for years, and so has the gun.  Both will not be in perfect condition.

Watch it and weep. Marines are required to hit 500m targets with the M4A1, so I really don't see why you think it's impossible.