Sign in to follow this  
JLynch92

Gun battles

Right start of suggestion is abit of a little story,

Group of 3 playing, got to airfield and got weapons and fully loaded backpacks 35/35 items. Assault vests full, combat trousers full, on out way down South to meet another one of out friends we see another group of 3 people running towards us, we took cover between a massive rock separating 3 of us to 3 of them, one of them decided to try flanking us and we killed him, we moved back into more cover with a load of trees and another one come towards us shooting us. We started shooting back at least 2/3 bullets hitting him from a M4. He signs out the server and comes back in; In a different position knowing where we are straight away. His friend then does the same and comes back in a different position. They kill one of our friends who's dead straight away.

Suggestion; Make a way in which they can't quit game and come straight back into same server right in the middle of a gun battle. Gives a unfair vantage to the person that quits. Especially when you about to kill them

combat logging and "ghosting" are a huge problem, I'm sure they're looking into ways to deal with this.

In the mod, you died if you combat logged, or alt-f4'd before your 30 second timer was up , which I think was great.

It's called combat logging. There's been a lot of posts about this before. Remember to use the search function before starting new topics.

I think a better idea would be that if a bullet has hit or has flown within a certain area, a invisible timer would start, like 30 seconds. Every time another bullet is detected then it resets. During the timer you cannot leave.

I think a better idea would be that if a bullet has hit or has flown within a certain area, a invisible timer would start, like 30 seconds. Every time another bullet is detected then it resets. During the timer you cannot leave.

ALT-F4 will force any program to close resulting in a disconnect regardless of any restrictions.

There is however solution that the developers are implementing and testing as we speak. they seem to be prioritizing this so it may not be to long, I remember seeing that a patch will be released in mid Jan when rocket returns to the studio.

If you don't kill them in less than 2.5 seconds, don't bother continuing the battle. Either log out and join a different server or haul ass out of there while keeping your cover.

It seems that every player in this game will abuse that these days. I now have to make every shot count when sniping since EVERY time that I miss, the target sprints a bit then logs out by the time I reload the bullet. 4/7 shots missed today, 4/7 targets logged out immediately after shot was fired.

The 3 hits/kills did have some nice gear, so I can't really complain too much about today's haul.