Traveler (DayZ)

So, how about crossbows, and bows?!

Hey fellow survivors...as we are expecting to see a more refined version of the game during development, handling weapons like the crossbow or a bow, which also could be crafted by the player, should be easy in the Standalone. I would like to see these weapons, and maybe the possibility to craft your own wooden arrows for them, in the game. It would be very much fitting for the survival elements of the game, and could add to the playstyle of some crazy loners out there...who might or might not just shoot you with their bow/crossbow from the nearest hedge which they have been hiding. And keep in mind: This would be an almost completely silent way of shooting... ;-)

Anyone else want a crossbow? ^^

• Like 2

I want it and it will come most likley soon. Dean already had the "new" crossbow in one of the early presentations (I think it was almost a year ago). But beside that crossbow (which couldnt be craftable most likley) I would also love to see a craftable bow.

Hey fellow survivors...as we are expecting to see a more refined version of the game during development, handling weapons like the crossbow or a bow, which also could be crafted by the player, should be easy in the Standalone. I would like to see these weapons, and maybe the possibility to craft your own wooden arrows for them, in the game. It would be very much fitting for the survival elements of the game, and could add to the playstyle of some crazy loners out there...who might or might not just shoot you with their bow/crossbow from the nearest hedge which they have been hiding. And keep in mind: This would be an almost completely silent way of shooting... ;-)

Anyone else want a crossbow? ^^

yes i want a bow, and i want a red bandanna then we can recreate first blood who wants to be sheriff teasle. hahaha.

I think, that would be a great feature. Somehow more weapons you could craft by yourself would be nice - and as OP said, it would fit to the survival elements.

At some point there should be less guns in the game and more craftable stuff, like bows. Just my point of view.

• Like 4

Great idea, infact, i would love a crossbow, not so much about bows, ahh.. Frag Grenade on a crowbow :)

I have got this under control.... just wait :)

yeah, crossbow and bow as well as craftable bow, bolt and arrow somehow implemented you would have to say are basically a must have for this game,

as well as bow injuries, where someone would have to pull the arrow out and bandage you up - if you actually survive the hit :)

As far as i know crossbows are confirmed and Dean liked the idea of bows. If crossbows are added(i guess they would be modern hunting crossbows) i would like to see a red dot scope,attachable quiver,quiver you wear on your hip/back, a scope for longer ranges and one of the things that help to load them ( http://www.est-bogensportshop.de/images/product_images/info_images/excalibur_c2_crank__.jpg )

If they want to make it extra nice they make the strings decrease in quality over time,as well as the bows. 

And then the only thing i would need to go full hunter are a boar spear ( http://www.kettner.de/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/600x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/_/b_72-802_j12.psd.jpg )

And a nice hunting rifle like the Cz550.

I'm all for crossbows and bows, but crafting a bow?

In a real life survival I don't think an average joe could craft any sort of bow that could take down something as big as a deer, let alone a zombie or other player.

In a real life survival I don't think an average joe could craft any sort of bow that could take down something as big as a deer, let alone a zombie or other player.

I bet more people could make a bow than can fix AND fly a helicopter :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Another good use for crafting benches, which could go smack bang in your camp.

Maybe that's another thread for me to make.

Ive built bows with fishing line, a plastic pipe and a good amount of duct tape and the arrow went into a tree for almost 2cm. Some more effort and maybe better material and you can get a pretty decent bow without being a talented in crafting stuff.

I bet more people could make a bow than can fix AND fly a helicopter :thumbsup:

That is a very good point

I agree, but also wonder how someone could craft arrows? 

Indeed, you can carve them from natural wood... but if you do, i couldn't imagine, that they will be as effective as some sports-bow for example. 

I agree, but also wonder how someone could craft arrows? 

Indeed, you can carve them from natural wood... but if you do, i couldn't imagine, that they will be as effective as some sports-bow for example. 

Good point. There should be a distinction.